Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

BBall Season is UPON US!!!!!!!

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: BBall Season is UPON US!!!!!!!
« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2023, 07:41:14 PM »
Gotta love an easy conference road win.

Wen is back on track, Flan is producing, JWill has finally decided to step up and be HIM....and how about the Mountain Brook Assassin, Lior Berman???

Our honky can ball. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2023, 09:03:16 AM »
Our honky can ball.
He's no Scotty Pohlman but at least he's no Johnny Lynne either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2023, 10:10:56 AM »
With a Gonzaga home loss last night, Auburn now owns the nations longest consecutive home winning streak.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2023, 10:13:37 AM »
With a Gonzaga home loss last night, Auburn now owns the nations longest consecutive home winning streak.

Read an interesting stat about that (now defunct) streak of Gonzaga's.  In 75 games, they played 2 ranked teams.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2023, 11:15:43 AM »
Read an interesting stat about that (now defunct) streak of Gonzaga's.  In 75 games, they played 2 ranked teams.

Pfffft....  Santa Clara and Pepperdine may not be ranked, but they are nothing to be trifled with.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2023, 11:39:14 AM »

THIS!^^. all of it...inject it straight into my veins Weskie.

I think a LOT of teams would have a 75 game winning streak with the schedule those asshats played. Not to sound like an SEC honk but there is no way in hell the Zags even hit 30 with a typical SEC schedule. This is a strong deep conference now in roundball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2023, 09:37:00 AM »
Got A&M tonight at home.

They're an odd team.  Some headscratching OOC losses, but 5-1 in conference, beating: UF (x2), Mizzou, SoCar, and LSU.    Lost by 9 to UK in Rupp, but no shame in that, really.

Hopefully we get more of what we saw Saturday (and the last 4 outings) and keep that streak alive.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2023, 09:43:26 AM »
Got A&M tonight at home.

They're an odd team.  Some headscratching OOC losses, but 5-1 in conference, beating: UF (x2), Mizzou, SoCar, and LSU.    Lost by 9 to UK in Rupp, but no shame in that, really.

Hopefully we get more of what we saw Saturday (and the last 4 outings) and keep that streak alive.

Late game for us EST folks tonight. But I will watch whenever Lourde Bruce sees fit for us to play!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2023, 07:37:42 AM »
Cousin Virgil !!

Snagglejinx just had to go there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2023, 08:46:48 AM »
Whelp, that was ugly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2023, 09:06:40 AM »
we are going to keep having issues with teams with bigger more physical guards, and a coach that knows how to utilize them (Mike White, Buzz W, NIT Oates). Bruce has managed to adjust against teams where the guards are equal or lesser. We are a good but not great team. And I think for this year that is fine. Hopefully Westry makes a leap next year and Holloway can contribute next year. We cant put guards out there under 6 ft that cant shoot or drive. Harper and Brown were such exceptions in 2019. Bruce even eluded to this in the post presser, that our guards were smothered by Aggie's physical guards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2023, 09:25:28 AM »
we are going to keep having issues with teams with bigger more physical guards, and a coach that knows how to utilize them (Mike White, Buzz W, NIT Oates). Bruce has managed to adjust against teams where the guards are equal or lesser. We are a good but not great team. And I think for this year that is fine. Hopefully Westry makes a leap next year and Holloway can contribute next year. We cant put guards out there under 6 ft that cant shoot or drive. Harper and Brown were such exceptions in 2019. Bruce even eluded to this in the post presser, that our guards were smothered by Aggie's physical guards.
The pressure that they put on them was incredible. Smothered is right and it worked.

I thought we showed a little spark in the second half but simply not enough to amount to enough offense.

We had the longest home steak for a minute or two.

I wonder if Hew Freeze can coach basketball. We have to make a change.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2023, 09:36:27 AM »
The pressure that they put on them was incredible. Smothered is right and it worked.

I thought we showed a little spark in the second half but simply not enough to amount to enough offense.

We had the longest home steak for a minute or two.

I wonder if Hew Freeze can coach basketball. We have to make a change.
Yes Freeze can stretch our guards and bulk them up with his new strength program. Should be good to go by SEC Tourney.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2023, 09:45:37 AM »
Their defense was strong, but that anomalous 3 point sitting in the first half was the difference in this game.  They couldn't miss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2023, 10:49:48 AM »
Their defense was strong, but that anomalous 3 point sitting in the first half was the difference in this game.  They couldn't miss.

Gave up 45 in the first half alone. 49 is what we gave up to LSU in BR the whole game....yikes.

And when you only score 60's, you won't win most games against good teams. I don't want to see Radford again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2023, 11:14:52 AM »
Gave up 45 in the first half alone. 49 is what we gave up to LSU in BR the whole game....yikes.

And when you only score 60's, you won't win most games against good teams. I don't want to see Radford again.

aTm had their scoring shorts on. They were hot as hell from the three the first half. Even with that, we held in there for a while. Again, it comes down to not having a three point shooter. Match just a few of those shots in the first half and you change the flow of the game. However, if you can't even put the ball in the basket and they continue to close their eyes and make every shot... At one point it was ridiculous at the shots they were making. Many of those defended well.
At some point it becomes unrecoverable. Tiny guards that cannot avoid a trap(of course the teammates were standing around watching also) and cannot hit a 3 are not gonna win you anything.
And I am sick of seeing JWILL standing around outside the arc. Get in the damn paint and ball! I would like to see him go mad like KD in the paint.

I guess what I am saying is, it was a shitty game by all.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2023, 01:26:07 PM »
Too many turnovers from Green - always at critical times.  Get back to single digits with a chance to make a run?  Turnover, Green.  And if it wasn't him sending it back, it was Flan throwing up a three-point miss. 

Far more than the margin of victory were scored on transitions after a TO or a three-point clank. 

That said?  Shit happens.  It's basketball. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2023, 01:05:53 PM »
Sheesh.  We suck today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2023, 03:02:52 PM »
A valiant comeback attempt.  Great heart and fight, but that hole they dug was too deep.

And MOTHERFUCK Erik Stevenson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2023, 08:27:58 AM »
I hate to think about what Brandon Miller is going to do against our pee-wee defense.  This was the 3rd game in a row that a tall good shooting guard has had a field day against Greene and Johnson.  Expect more of the same the rest of the season.  Maybe we can start a new home win streak, but I don't expect to see another road win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions