Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

BBall Season is UPON US!!!!!!!

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: BBall Season is UPON US!!!!!!!
« Reply #220 on: March 09, 2023, 12:41:48 PM »
Bill Self had a "vascular event" last night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #221 on: March 09, 2023, 01:06:34 PM »

I know it can't be stress related.  These coaches have it easy.  How much do they actually work every day?  A couple of hours for practice.  A game takes what, about 2 1/2 hours? A speaking engagement here and there.  Celebrity golf tournaments.

Something else must be going on with him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #222 on: March 09, 2023, 02:14:22 PM »
Live look at Self today...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #223 on: March 09, 2023, 02:30:40 PM »

That's one hell of a vascular event.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #224 on: March 09, 2023, 02:35:07 PM »

And I thought the Fantastic 4 was just a made up Marvel superhero group. The Thing is bad ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #225 on: March 10, 2023, 03:20:01 AM »
The man always looked like the cartoon character whose blood was boiling in frustration. His physician had to be treating him because it was the first thing you notice about the guy.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #226 on: March 10, 2023, 08:15:10 AM »
Whelp...that one really sucked.  10 seed?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #227 on: March 10, 2023, 08:51:45 AM »
Whelp...that one really sucked.  10 seed?

No lower I would think.

Maybe even still 9 since that was a close, "good" loss to another 9 seed who had their superstar back for this one. Arkansas is a different than they were in December/Jan with Nick Smith back. How lucky we were to get that team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #228 on: March 10, 2023, 09:00:01 AM »
No lower I would think.

Maybe even still 9 since that was a close, "good" loss to another 9 seed who had their superstar back for this one. Arkansas is a different than they were in December/Jan with Nick Smith back. How lucky we were to get that team.
Would much rather see a 10 than a 9...that's probably exactly why we will be a 9.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #229 on: March 10, 2023, 12:16:59 PM »
I'll be happy if we get in, but realistically, no way we deserve it. We're 4-9 coming down the stretch, with one "signature win" over a Tennessee team who just lost one of their best players.  We're 7th in a conference that really isn't very good overall. Hell, Vanderbilt is the hottest team in the league right now.  If they beat Kentucky today, I wouldn't be surprised if they get the nod over us.

Again, I hope we get in, but I wouldn't be pissed if we didn't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #230 on: March 10, 2023, 12:26:42 PM »
I'll be happy if we get in, but realistically, no way we deserve it. We're 4-9 coming down the stretch, with one "signature win" over a Tennessee team who just lost one of their best players.  We're 7th in a conference that really isn't very good overall. Hell, Vanderbilt is the hottest team in the league right now.  If they beat Kentucky today, I wouldn't be surprised if they get the nod over us.

I agree.  I'd like for us to go, but don't have a good argument that we deserve it.  We have a lot of "almost wins", which has the same stink as losing.  Haven't figured out why.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #231 on: March 10, 2023, 12:32:15 PM »
There were several factors that contributed to a lackluster season, like having midgets for guards, and no pure shooter.  One thing I think was as big a factor as anything, was we got next to nothing in the way of production from this freshman class. Think about how we all viewed this season going into it.  Chance Westry was hopefully going to be that outside presence we've so sorely needed.  Tre Donaldson might be a little bigger, more dynamic guard.  Yohan Traore is that big 5*  who should give us a killer front court, beside John Eye.

The light is just a dim bulb for Traore.  Westry only played in 11 games before getting hurt, and Donaldson is little more than someone to give the other guards a few minutes blow. (job)  10 minutes and 2.2 points per game.

Lord B has had great luck with freshmen in recent years, but this class didn't do us any favors.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #232 on: March 10, 2023, 02:12:28 PM »

I'll play opposite of this take....a LOT of teams would have been 4-9 against that stretch...maybe worse. The SEC can be brutal with the right slate of games. It may seem we don't belong there but do you truly think we aren't one of the 64 best teams in the country? Are there really 64 teams you think are better? I do not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #233 on: March 10, 2023, 02:45:19 PM »
I'll play opposite of this take....a LOT of teams would have been 4-9 against that stretch...maybe worse. The SEC can be brutal with the right slate of games. It may seem we don't belong there but do you truly think we aren't one of the 64 best teams in the country? Are there really 64 teams you think are better? I do not.

Agreed.  The perception is that the SEC is down this year, but only because it eats its own in the conference schedule.  Let's get some MWC, A10 or other win-fodder and see how we stack up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #234 on: March 10, 2023, 03:06:19 PM »
Would much rather see a 10 than a 9...that's probably exactly why we will be a 9.
It all depends on how deep we go into the conference tournament. Let it play out, first. Idiot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #235 on: March 10, 2023, 03:35:55 PM »
I think the SEC is about as average a Power Conference as there is.  Bama is the cream of the crop this year, and they lost to UConn by 15, Gonzaga by 10, and the worst team in the Big 12, Oklahoma, flat out went in dry.  Speaking of the Big 12, the SEC was 3-7 in the Challenge.

Tennessee looked as skrong as anyone first half of the season, but they've been a whole lot of meh the rest of the way.

Kentucky?  They've lost 10 games, including to USCe at home.

A&M has been the sleeper all year.  Nothing impressive about them, but they just keep finding ways to win.

Having said that, there will certainly be one or two teams that make a run.  There always are.  Arky was that team last year.  I think Bama went to the final 8 last year too.  But I believe the notion we're eating our own, comes from the fact that the conference is basically a shit load of very average teams.  Which is not a bad thing this year, because I think that's the case across college basketball.

Are there 64 teams better than Auburn?  That's not the question, because 31 teams get automatic bids for winning their conference tourney. There's a tiny handful of teams who have put a little separation between themselves and the rest of the pack.  IMO, that's Houston, UCLA and Kansas. The rest seem really average to me, and you could probably lump Auburn in there.  If they don't, I won't lose sleep.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 03:37:32 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #236 on: March 10, 2023, 03:39:12 PM »
There were several factors that contributed to a lackluster season, like having midgets for guards, and no pure shooter.  One thing I think was as big a factor as anything, was we got next to nothing in the way of production from this freshman class. Think about how we all viewed this season going into it.  Chance Westry was hopefully going to be that outside presence we've so sorely needed.  Tre Donaldson might be a little bigger, more dynamic guard.  Yohan Traore is that big 5*  who should give us a killer front court, beside John Eye.

The light is just a dim bulb for Traore.  Westry only played in 11 games before getting hurt, and Donaldson is little more than someone to give the other guards a few minutes blow. (job)  10 minutes and 2.2 points per game.

Lord B has had great luck with freshmen in recent years, but this class didn't do us any favors.

I thought Tre ended up right about where he should be. He was brought in to be a nice fit, not a savior. I always felt better about him in the game than Green. He has game, but he plays within the system for now. (as you would expect from a frosh) I think we see a more aggressive style of play next season from him.

As for the rest, you are wrong. They are doing great. We are guaranteed to make the final four(ty) this tourney.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #237 on: March 10, 2023, 03:45:32 PM »

As for the rest, you are wrong.
I have noticed that if he types something, there is pert near a perfect chance that this is the case.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #238 on: March 10, 2023, 03:53:10 PM »

I love that. "Lackluster."  There were decades where just making the tournament set off massive Toomer's corner celebrations. 

We're going to the NCAA tournament. We hadn't been in fifteen years before Bruce got there.  FIFTEEN!  Only made it eight total times in school history before Bruce. 

We won 20 games. That's only happened 14 times in the last 118 years. 

We won 10+ games in the SEC. That's only happened 23 times since 1905 (118 years).  Five of those 23 (22%) have come under the current coaching staff.

Yeah, I wish we'd played better. I wish we'd caught fire sooner. I wish WG knew what the word "pass" meant.  Of course I'm disappointed because we lost to a team we should have beaten.  But if this is "lackluster"?  Let's keep on lackin and lusterin. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #239 on: March 10, 2023, 04:12:56 PM »
I love that. "Lackluster."  There were decades where just making the tournament set off massive Toomer's corner celebrations. 

We're going to the NCAA tournament. We hadn't been in fifteen years before Bruce got there.  FIFTEEN!  Only made it eight total times in school history before Bruce. 

We won 20 games. That's only happened 14 times in the last 118 years. 

We won 10+ games in the SEC. That's only happened 23 times since 1905 (118 years).  Five of those 23 (22%) have come under the current coaching staff.

Yeah, I wish we'd played better. I wish we'd caught fire sooner. I wish WG knew what the word "pass" meant.  Of course I'm disappointed because we lost to a team we should have beaten.  But if this is "lackluster"?  Let's keep on lackin and lusterin.

I have expectations now, damn it!!!  It's Bruce's fault.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions