Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

BBall Season is UPON US!!!!!!!

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: BBall Season is UPON US!!!!!!!
« Reply #140 on: February 08, 2023, 10:20:27 AM »
I hate to call this game Saturday, crucial, but I believe it is.  I flipped around to a bunch of games last night, and watched teams with pretty much the same record as ours, including Arkansas and Kentucky.  All these teams look like they’re playing for a higher seed in the tourney, and we feel like we’re playing our way out of it.  Our “signature” wins this season may be Florida and a depleted Arkansas squad.  A win over Bama could change our fortunes completely.  It’s always doable on our home floor.  Lose, and we’re sitting at 17-8 and trying to find a way to play our way into the tournament.

We really couldn't afford to drop that one last night.  At least KY looks beatable these days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2023, 10:05:15 AM »
We really couldn't afford to drop that one last night.  At least KY looks beatable these days.

Love this team. Love Coach Pearl. 

My anus is prepared for Bama going in raw, taking our lunch money and bitch slapping all our girlfriends Saturday, though.  My guess is they're up by 15-20 at the half and end up laying a 25-40 point whooping on the tiger ass.  I don't want that and hope to be surprised.  I've decided to go play golf and just check the score after it's over. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2023, 10:41:00 AM »
Love this team. Love Coach Pearl. 

My anus is prepared for Bama going in raw, taking our lunch money and bitch slapping all our girlfriends Saturday, though.  My guess is they're up by 15-20 at the half and end up laying a 25-40 point whooping on the tiger ass.  I don't want that and hope to be surprised.  I've decided to go play golf and just check the score after it's over.
Nope.  Auburn gonna win this rock fight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2023, 01:54:59 PM »
Nope.  Auburn gonna win this rock fight.

May not be enough but the Nev gone be lit. I remember 2 weeks ago when those Sooners whipped up on N.I.T. Oates in their house.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2023, 01:58:21 PM »
May not be enough but the Nev gone be lit. I remember 2 weeks ago when those Sooners whipped up on N.I.T. Oates in their house.

The kids have been camping for a couple days.  The home-court advantage ain't nothin to fuck with...much like the Wu-Tang.

I have hope, but I fear the worst.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2023, 04:49:06 PM »
The kids have been camping for a couple days.  The home-court advantage ain't nothin to fuck with...much like the Wu-Tang.

I have hope, but I fear the worst.
Reverend Jesse Jackson always says you should keep hope alive.

I know that he inspires you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #146 on: February 10, 2023, 04:55:12 PM »
Reverend Jesse Jackson always says you should keep hope alive.

I know that he inspires you.

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2023, 01:35:53 PM »
Support from Hunter, Hall, and the boys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

jmar

« Reply #148 on: February 12, 2023, 09:48:06 AM »
I think we get in the NCAA Tournament by the skin of our teeth if we can pull off 21 wins. Bamer, Rocky Top and Aggies are in and here's hoping our guys can beat out Kentucky if it comes down to only getting 4 teams in.
Last season the ACC only got five in so circle the calendar on February 25th for the road game in Lexington because we follow that with a trip to Tuscaloosa and the finale hosting Tennessee.

A two game skid is better than a three game skid (if it comes to that) especially when the team looking for a final spot is a blueblood (impressions being very important) But hey I could be wrong.
Additionally a win in the SEC Tourney would be nice.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #149 on: February 12, 2023, 10:21:06 AM »
I think we get in the NCAA Tournament by the skin of our teeth if we can pull off 21 wins. Bamer, Rocky Top and Aggies are in and here's hoping our guys can beat out Kentucky if it comes down to only getting 4 teams in.
Last season the ACC only got five in so circle the calendar on February 25th for the road game in Lexington because we follow that with a trip to Tuscaloosa and the finale hosting Tennessee.

A two game skid is better than a three game skid (if it comes to that) especially when the team looking for a final spot is a blueblood (impressions being very important) But hey I could be wrong.
Additionally a win in the SEC Tourney would be nice.

We just don’t have the dudes this year to go very far. Wendell needs some one consistent to dish it off to. Jaylin, Flan, KD… they just aren’t getting it done how we need them to. We are playing terrible defense inside the paint, playing very inconsistently on offense, and are getting bullied in puny attempts to crash the glass. We are the same team that we were to begin the season for the most part, with no notable improvements.

I don’t know how obvious it was on TV, but there was one ref in particular that was seemingly calling everything he could against us. Fuck him.

Side note: cornfed motherfuckers such as myself were not considered when designing the seating. Felt like a giant compared to the guy next to me, and I don’t consider myself to be exceptionally large (6’1” - 225).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2023, 11:39:29 AM »
We just don’t have the dudes this year to go very far. Wendell needs some one consistent to dish it off to. Jaylin, Flan, KD… they just aren’t getting it done how we need them to. We are playing terrible defense inside the paint, playing very inconsistently on offense, and are getting bullied in puny attempts to crash the glass. We are the same team that we were to begin the season for the most part, with no notable improvements.

I don’t know how obvious it was on TV, but there was one ref in particular that was seemingly calling everything he could against us. Fuck him.

Side note: cornfed motherfuckers such as myself were not considered when designing the seating. Felt like a giant compared to the guy next to me, and I don’t consider myself to be exceptionally large (6’1” - 225).
Damn you colossal! 🤣

But yeah I agree with all you said. Not much improvement and the mix and match lineups only look good when the shots are falling which is like one in four games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2023, 11:47:08 AM »
We are playing terrible defense inside the paint

They had a lot of size, but I had zero issues with our defense/hustle yesterday.

playing very inconsistently on offense, and are getting bullied in puny attempts to crash the glass.

Agree here.  No real identity.  And, to your next point, Broome was hamstrung by two early BULLSHIT calls.  Miller should have been called for an offensive foul anytime he drove to the rim.

Very noticeable.  Tons of phantom fouls and rage-inducing no calls.  Even with as many FTs as we shot relative to bama, we should have been at the line at least a dozen more times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2023, 09:16:41 AM »
A 33-point conference win?  Yes, please.

Broome with a double-double, Flan and KD go off, the Mt. Brook Assassin drops a helpful 8 from the bench.

Shot 49% from the floor and 50% behind the arc.  Points on points on points.

Damn, that felt good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #153 on: February 15, 2023, 09:34:36 AM »

Broome with a double-double, Flan and KD go off, the Mt. Brook Assassin drops a helpful 8 from the bench.

Damn, that felt good.

18-8, 8-5

Same exact spot we were in after 26 games in 2019. No this team doesn't have Chuma, Bryce or Jared nor do I think it has that type of chemistry but if this is an off year or rebuilding year? I believe a decade ago this is all we ever asked for - to make the tourney and be competitive. I don't think our ceiling is high just due to guard size but I think we can make a little noise and make things fun next month.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2023, 09:37:21 AM »

Damn, that felt good.

That was the most fun I have had watching our boys play this year.  Would love to see it again against Vandy and Ole Miss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2023, 10:16:57 AM »
That was the most fun I have had watching our boys play this year.  Would love to see it again against Vandy and Ole Miss.

And bama, KY and TN.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #156 on: February 15, 2023, 10:19:24 AM »

Sadly, after watching this team all season, I have no confidence that we can follow up with the same type of performance.
When we play at our peak, we are pretty good. However, a team cannot play at their peak every game.

But then again, stranger things have happened. I would love to see this team get in some sort of twilight zone and go off for a month!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2023, 10:23:02 AM »
Stay Calm and Bruce On.

For all its inconsistencies, this team is three baskets and some decent refereeing from sitting at 21-5 and discussing whether it's a three or four seed in the NCAA Tourney.  When most prognosticators kept it at a seven or eight even after the three recent (frustrating as all fuck) losses?  Not much reason to be concerned, I hope.

The only recent loss that really bugged me was A&M.  That one got away.   

We knew early on this team wouldn't win the SEC. Replaced too much.  We knew it would have off nights. So reset the target -  Spend the season getting better, play well enough to make the tournament and then play the hand that's dealt.  Last year there was so much focus on winning the SEC in the regular season, the whole team (and us too) was out of gas by the time the tournament came around. 

Not going to be the case now.  Bruce Pearl knows it needs to peak at tournament time, and I honestly believe it will. Wouldn't surprise me to see it get hot, win a couple and make the 16 or the 8.  It could also play like absolute shit and get bounced in the first.  That would surprise me more, I think. 

Don't know about you, but I'm kind of excited that the prospect of NOT making the tournament evokes anguish instead of blithe acceptance. 

Bruce Pearl is the single greatest hire in AU history.  I hope he stays forever. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #158 on: February 15, 2023, 10:27:19 AM »
Stay Calm and Bruce On. 

Don't know about you, but I'm kind of excited that the prospect of NOT making the tournament evokes anguish instead of blithe acceptance. 

Bruce Pearl is the single greatest hire in AU history.  I hope he stays forever.

^^ He speaks for all of us.

Fuckin Lourde Bruce
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2023, 10:30:16 AM »
Stay Calm and Bruce On.

I am not is disagreeance.
And I feel this has been his best coaching year. This team could have collapsed after some of those losses. He is keeping it upbeat and changing things around enough to keep things going. Hell, he had Lior out there slinging it up last night with meaningful minutes. He is preparing for a different sort of tourney play. It might just work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.