Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

How Bad is the O Line?

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: How Bad is the O Line?
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2022, 04:08:13 PM »

King "Turnstile Dunlap?

From the Nelson club level Oct 2006 Arky game, I saw the Arky defense throw him around like a rag doll.

Auburn ranked 2nd in the nation, played they were scared.  1st game I left ever left early, 2012 A&M game the other one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2022, 06:02:59 PM »
From the Nelson club level Oct 2006 Arky game, I saw the Arky defense throw him around like a rag doll.

Auburn ranked 2nd in the nation, played they were scared.  1st game I left ever left early, 2012 A&M game the other one.

Those were some keen seats but not exactly priced for the common man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2022, 12:56:59 PM »
Those were some keen seats but not exactly priced for the common man.

Not sure how we got them, my dad at the time knew people still in Opelika. They were super keen, the game was not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2022, 08:11:57 PM »
I guess yesterday's game pretty much answer that question.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2022, 12:24:02 PM »
I guess yesterday's game pretty much answer that question.

It actually graded out decently. Their best game this year. I'd certainly blame coaching, decisions and scheme more than the OL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2022, 12:37:20 PM »
It actually graded out decently. Their best game this year. I'd certainly blame coaching, decisions and scheme more than the OL.
I'm not even sure you can blame scheme.  I thought the gameplan (on offense especially) was about as good as it could be.  Stupid decisions like using your timeouts before the half when LSU was content to run out the clock and allowing their second TD and like going for it on 4th and 10 with the lead should get like 85% of the blame.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2022, 01:58:56 PM »
I'm not even sure you can blame scheme.  I thought the gameplan (on offense especially) was about as good as it could be.  Stupid decisions like using your timeouts before the half when LSU was content to run out the clock and allowing their second TD and like going for it on 4th and 10 with the lead should get like 85% of the blame.

That's an easy decision unless your FG kicker has already missed a chip shot. He should have tried to freshman. Legafraud is not getting it done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2022, 02:06:41 PM »
I'd certainly blame coaching, decisions

Seems to be a recurring theme with this coaching staff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2022, 02:59:21 PM »
I thought there were times when the O-line looked pretty damn good in the run game.  There were several times they were pushing guys downfield 4-5 yards. 

As much as Halpinz said they were committed to the run this year, wouldn't it make sense with an athlete like Askfurd to work in a lot more option? The couple of times he did run a bit of an option play, it was successful.  I know one run where he kept it went for big yardage.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2022, 03:05:23 PM »
I thought there were times when the O-line looked pretty damn good in the run game.  There were several times they were pushing guys downfield 4-5 yards. 
This is true. Btu then they would bring an extra guy into the box and stuff the run at the line. WE don;t have the line to handle an extra guy. And any coach will tell you, if you don't have a superior line, when they drop 8 in the box, you throw over them. But we don't seem to have the TE plays to quick pass and back them off. If I were a TE at AU, I'd be out of there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2022, 03:24:14 PM »
This is true. Btu then they would bring an extra guy into the box and stuff the run at the line. WE don;t have the line to handle an extra guy. And any coach will tell you, if you don't have a superior line, when they drop 8 in the box, you throw over them. But we don't seem to have the TE plays to quick pass and back them off. If I were a TE at AU, I'd be out of there.

The TE's had 4 catches for 77 yards Saturday.  I think it was Fromm who dropped one pass, and there was another pass that was intended for John Michael Samuel David Thomas Lenny Shenker on a blitz.  Unfortunately, Askfurd couldn't get it over the guy coming up the middle.  Would have been a nice play, and good read by Ashford and Shenker.

But overall, using the TE more would only help all other aspects of the offense.  in 5 games, the TE room has 17 total receptions.  Get it to them 6-7 times a game, and you open so much more, and cut down on some of the blitzing.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2022, 03:39:16 PM »
That's an easy decision unless your FG kicker has already missed a chip shot. He should have tried to freshman. Legafraud is not getting it done.

Correct....another bad decision. Not sure how much potato boy has to see to make adjustments or changes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2022, 04:38:19 PM »
Speaking of adjustments, just read of some changes in personnel.  A lot of it the way we wound up by the end of the LSU game.  With Eku out, they'll go with a 4 man front, with just one edge rusher. Marcus Bragg, who I thought played well, will be the back up to Colby Wooden.

On offense, Council will be at center, (Did something happen to Brahms?) with Stutts at left guard and Alec Jackson at right guard.  Either Keiondre Jones is nicked up, or they've determined there is just too much suckage in his play.  He was the full time starter at guard last year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2022, 04:53:04 PM »
Speaking of adjustments, just read of some changes in personnel.  A lot of it the way we wound up by the end of the LSU game.  With Eku out, they'll go with a 4 man front, with just one edge rusher. Marcus Bragg, who I thought played well, will be the back up to Colby Wooden.

On offense, Council will be at center, (Did something happen to Brahms?) with Stutts at left guard and Alec Jackson at right guard.  Either Keiondre Jones is nicked up, or they've determined there is just too much suckage in his play.  He was the full time starter at guard last year.
Leota hurt his pecker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2022, 06:20:12 PM »
The TE's had 4 catches for 77 yards Saturday.  I think it was Fromm who dropped one pass, and there was another pass that was intended for John Michael Samuel David Thomas Lenny Shenker on a blitz.  Unfortunately, Askfurd couldn't get it over the guy coming up the middle.  Would have been a nice play, and good read by Ashford and Shenker.

But overall, using the TE more would only help all other aspects of the offense.  in 5 games, the TE room has 17 total receptions.  Get it to them 6-7 times a game, and you open so much more, and cut down on some of the blitzing.

That was my point. If you consistently throw to the TE, the LBs won’t just pin their ears back. However, the long pass to Fromm should be a one off. The TEs should be all up in the LBs area catching short passes. Keeping them honest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2022, 08:32:34 PM »
That was my point. If you consistently throw to the TE, the LBs won’t just pin their ears back. However, the long pass to Fromm should be a one off. The TEs should be all up in the LBs area catching short passes. Keeping them honest.

Yupppp
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2022, 08:03:29 AM »
Yupppp

It’s like he says it, then I say the same thing a different way, then he says that’s what he was saying, and then you say yupppp.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2022, 10:17:29 AM »

Agreed, but if you are afraid to use the freshman there even...just take a delay and punt it inside the 20.  Why give them momentum after a turnover on downs?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2022, 10:20:40 AM »
It’s like he says it, then I say the same thing a different way, then he says that’s what he was saying, and then you say yupppp.

Last in, first reply. EARLY BIRD DONT GET THE WORM.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2022, 10:35:34 AM »
Last in, first reply. EARLY BIRD DONT GET THE WORM.

You love the worm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions