Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bottom of the barrel

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Bottom of the barrel
« on: September 25, 2022, 09:44:11 AM »
I’ve seen bad Auburn teams in my my lifetime. 

I expected this team to be bad. I think I said five wins was the ceiling.  My feeling was the deficiencies on the offensive line and the lack of depth would wear us down and we’d end up losing close games to teams like arky, ole miss, a&m, lsu, state.  I wasn’t convinced of that and had secret hopes that “watch” and the projections for 8 or 9 wins had some legitimacy.

My bigger concern was for the future.  Given the sorry state of recruiting this might be the best season for a while. Recruiting is in an unrecoverable state.

What I did not expect was this.  I’ve seen bad Auburn teams.  I’ve never seen anything remotely close to this.  Devoid of talent, unprepared.  They look lost. There’s no plan. No energy. 

This is the worst Auburn football team I’ve ever seen. 

It’s exponentially worse than the 1980 squad that went 5-6 and got barfield fired. That team was at least competitive in most games and hammered Southern Miss 31-0. 

It’s worse than the last chizik team.  That team had talent but didn’t give a fuck. It destroyed New Mexico State and Alabama A&M. This team would struggle with both. 

This is the worst coaching staff in the nation. No idea how to game plan for the talent it has. No idea how to put the team in a position to win.  Look at the last play against a HORRIBLE Missouri team. Half ass trying.  He runs by guys who aren’t even trying to get off blocks.

If their fat ass kicker doesn’t get cocky and miss a kick any of us could make, if their line doesn’t jump offsides, and if their running back doesn’t inexplicably drop the ball as he’s walking in for a score?  We might be looking at a two-win finish.  That might be the last gasp for this team anyway. 

Every single other team I saw yesterday looked better than AU. That includes Kent state, South Alabama, Tennessee, Northern Illinois . 

This is one of the worst teams in the country.  I’ve never felt that before.  Even in those 1980 and 2012 seasons I had hope it could get better, we could be better. 

Not now.  I wish this was the bottom of the barrel.  It’s not.  Every minute Harfool, Kes, Keli, Devyn and the rest of the weirdo Potato Cabal spend in Auburn does a month’s worth of damage.  If they’re still here by Halloween it’s possible that 2023 could be a 0-fer type season.  Worse than this abomination. The worst in history.  Too much damage.

Please deliver us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Bottom of the barrel
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2022, 01:39:48 PM »
Get worse weekly. Other than Colorado and maybe ga tech before yesterday - mizzou was one of the worst power 5 teams. And they still should have won. They were giving up 34 ppg before yesterday. And we looked like a middle school team. Mizzou snatched defeat from the jaws of victory 4 damn times. And harsin thinks it’s cool to celebrate like we just won a conf title? Mother fuk.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 11:44:02 AM »
I was resigned to the fact that Western Kentucky is the only team left on the schedule that we might have a realistic chance of beating. Problem is, WKU is 3-1 with their only loss being by 3 points on the road at Indiana.  They just beat Florida International 73-0.  No way we'd be favored against them if we played them this week. At least not in my book.

I'm not looking for silver linings here.  There are none right now.  What I see is a fairly sold defense.  Not great, but good enough to keep us in a lot of games.  On offense, I think we have a somewhat improved pass catching group.  Running backs are fine.  That's it for the positives.

The offensive line is UH-BIZZ-MULL.  Never, ever seen it this bad at AU.  I mean, they were average on their best day last season, but this group has gone straight in the shitter.  Without any semblance of an offensive line, nothing else matters. 

Ashford is athletic.  Strong arm, but lacks consistency.  The ultimate problems are on the sideline and in the press box.  As bad as we are offensively, they do absolutely nothing to give them a chance to be somewhat successful. Take San Jose State, for example.  In their first game, the QB was sacked 7 times.  I heard that and thought Hall and Leota would be licking their chops all night long.  However, SJS's coaching staff obviously did what coaches are paid to do. They changed the game plan to have the QB get the ball out of his hands quickly. 8-10 slants and skinny posts, and were fairly effective in moving the ball a little.

We do none of that.  This staff does nothing to help the line or the QB.  They stubbornly stick by their piss poor game plan and keep sending the backs straight into the line, while just about every pass play finds the QB running for his life.       

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 12:12:48 PM »
Two tights and throw to them…a lot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.