Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Foosballz Officially Week Quatro

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Foosballz Officially Week Quatro
« on: September 20, 2022, 04:36:27 PM »
Admittedly, most of the air came out of the balloon after this past Saturday.  As I've said before, it's not the loss. I'm old and I've seen plenty of those in my day.  It's realizing that despite taking tiny sips of the orange and blue shroom juice, and trying to rationalize everything to make myself believe we might just be competitive this year, it turns out that we are who everyone said we are. If this past Saturday turns out to be an anomaly, and we start heading down the right road, I'll be as surprised as anyone.  But you all saw the same things I did.  Not holding out hope.

However, it's still the greatest time of the year, and college foosballz rocks on.  I'm going to watch Auburn this Saturday, and since it's an 11:00 a.m. start, I can get the pain out of the way early on, and watch some real pigskin action. There's not a ton of great games on the slate, as many are finishing up the early OOC games.  But, there's enough to make it interesting.

Duke @ Kansas:  Seriously?  Yes, seriously.  Not a great match up, but guess who is undefeated with wins over Tenn. Tech, West Virginia and Houston?  Guess who scored 56, 55 and 48 in those games? Rock Chalk, bitches.  I watched about a half of the Houston game after our debacle.  Kansas' QB is fun.  This team is scrappy.  I don't really care, but it's really neato to see a team with their history be 9.5 point favorites in any game.

Kansas:  42

Duke:  35

Arkansas @ Texas A&M:  Yes, it's a neutral site game, and these two have played some crazy ass contests in recent years.  I'd have never thunk it, given their recent history, but it appears Pittman has the Hawgs on solid footing.  A&M is coming off a win against another Miami team that was "back", and highly overrated.  Despite their head scratcher against Appy State, that defense is really good.  Problem for A&M is on the offensive side of the ball. They switched to Max Johnson at QB against the Canes, but that didn't light any fires under the Aggie O. I would normally worry that Arky is missing their All American defensive back, Calgon, or Katagone, or Calapiarri.....you know the guy.  But I think they have enough to hold A&M in check without him.  I'm counting on KJ Mr. Jefferson to be the difference.

Arky:  31

A&M:  17

Florida @ Tennessee:  The Gators put the Percy Harveys all over Utah in game one.  AR was the Heisman leader and sure fire top 5 pick.  Since then, he and Florida have looked more like our offensive line, losing to Kentucky and barely pulling one out dat ass against South Florida. The Fighting Cheetos look like they may be worthy of the 2nd in the East hype.  Nice win on the road against Pitt, and they did exactly what you would expect from a good team against two Care Bears.  We knew Hendon Hooker and that Josh High Pull offense would ball.  But it looks like they may be serving up a bit of D to go with that.  The Vols are 10 point favorites in Knoxville.  The crowd will be nuts and screaming through their collective 3 front teeth in their overalls.

UT: 42

UF: 28

Missouri @ Auburn:  Right now, these two are bad. Auburn is -6.5.  They cover.  That's about all I got.

Auburn: 31

Misery: 20

Please, talk amongst yourselves, then feel free to opine.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Foosballz Officially Week Quatro
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 04:40:35 PM »
Admittedly, most of the air came out of the balloon after this past Saturday.  As I've said before, it's not the loss. I'm old and I've seen plenty of those in my day.  It's realizing that despite taking tiny sips of the orange and blue shroom juice, and trying to rationalize everything to make myself believe we might just be competitive this year, it turns out that we are who everyone said we are. If this past Saturday turns out to be an anomaly, and we start heading down the right road, I'll be as surprised as anyone.  But you all saw the same things I did.  Not holding out hope.

However, it's still the greatest time of the year, and college foosballz rocks on.  I'm going to watch Auburn this Saturday, and since it's an 11:00 a.m. start, I can get the pain out of the way early on, and watch some real pigskin action.

We are on an 8-9 game trajectory/spiral. If we beat Mizzou, its because they are one of the few chumps out there worse than us. It won't be because we've righted the ship. If we beat LSU, Aggie and OM? Yeah, then we can have that conversation. This past Saturday wasn't an anomaly my dude.

2nd half of OM is where this seems to have started....then....

Aggie - BAD LOSS
MSU (why are we rushing 3!??) - This one may be the worst last year
USCe - almost as bad as MSU
Bama - played over our heads then blew it
Houston - turrible
Mercer - blah, meh
SJSU - awful
PSU - equally as bad as MSU and SCe
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 04:44:24 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 04:49:30 PM »
On the games...id love to see the Cheetohs from east Tenn get their bubble busted.

Kansas - shit fire. Give me the points yo. Is Mangino back? That fat bastard had them rolling once.

Ark - Aggie - my lord.....two retards slinging ice chips at each other in wal mart. pun intended....honestly? I don't care. But would be funny to see Jimbo Dimbo lose another before they even get to the hard part of their schedule.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2022, 01:15:35 PM »
Admittedly, most of the air came out of the balloon after this past Saturday.

The balloon was full of piss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2022, 04:14:22 PM »
The balloon was full of piss.
But we weren't in Baton Rouge
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 04:29:03 PM »
Some observations after Week Quatro.

We suck!  That should about cover the suckage.

Kansas stayed undefeated with their win over Duke.  No, they haven't played anybody of significance yet, but in that league....who knows.

Speaking of the Big 12, both Oklahoma and Texas went down in what I believe were their conference openers.  I also heard that this was Kansas State's 3rd win in their last 4 against the Sooners. Horns DOWN, bitches.

FSU is quietly putting together a nice season.  Been a long time since they rock and rolled.

I watched just about the whole first half of the Ohio State/Wisky game.  The Badgers are beefy and bad on the defensive front.  The Buckeyes were absolutely manhandling them in the trenches. Yes, they usually fold come playoff time, but they looked like an impressive bunch Saturday night.

AR-15 had a big night against the Vols, but I have to admit, Hendon Hooker is a bona fide badazz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."