Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Different Priorities

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Different Priorities
« on: September 19, 2022, 10:37:23 AM »
I'm old, and I'm really starting to feel it. Saturday kind of hammered that reality home for me. A few months ago, I had my knee scoped.  Rehab went well, but it's become apparent that the knee will never be 100% again.  I knew that Saturday would be the most stress I would put on it since the surgery, with all the walking that I knew I would do.  I was right.  By the time I reached the tailgate, between the knee and the sweat pouring down my ass crack, I already knew the decision to go was a mistake.

But I was there, and being under a tent with a fan going was making it somewhat bearable.  About 30 minutes before time to walk to the stadium, the BBQ I ate at the tailgate began talking to me.  Well, more like cussing me. I knew that my fat ass had better find a shitter to hover over, and soon, or there would be problems.  That's another thing about getting older, you'd better take the urge seriously, because there will come a point where there's no turning back.

The tailgate is right across the street from the baseball field, and fortunately, they open the bathrooms up to the public.  I head across the street with a pocket full of paper towels.  No need to ask why.  You know why.  Because as men, we're a bunch of brain dead Neanderthals. Either that, or our brains never developed past 6 years old, with regard to some things.  With a wall full of urinals, we still feel the need to go in every stall and piss all over the seat and on the floor. We still find it funny to drop 5 pound mawonga dumps in the shitter and walk out without flushing.  I find the least offensive  stall to take care of my bidnezz. And joy of joys, a guy goes in the stall next to me to piss all over the seat, and while doing so, drops his beer, most of which goes all over my legs.  I'm in no position to kick his ass.

Game time.  We walk to the stadium.  The temp is now hovering somewhere close to that on the surface of the sun.  Thousands of people start bunching up in an effort to squeeze, one by one, through the metal detectors.  This lasts somewhere around 30 minutes before we make it in the stadium.  I'm now wet from head to toe and questioning my own sanity.  Young kids are pointing and saying, "Daddy, that man pee'd in his pants." We make it to our seats and there is zero leg room.  My knee is screaming at me for 3 quarters.

The shittiness of the game only amplifies how much I loathe that stupid, fucking, monstrosity of a "scoreboard".  It's only functions are to pan the student section while blaring snippets of music no one over 35 has ever heard at 45,000 decibels.  Oh, and to make sure that's done while the band is trying to play something. Plus, it absolutely ruined the look of a beautiful stadium.  GTF off my lawn.

I make it back to the tailgate.  I have no idea who all these people are that have taken over.  Where is all the family?  Frick it.  Me and my knee are hoofing it back to the Ford F-150.  Time to make the 2 1/2 hour drive back home.  I probably won't be back for a while.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Different Priorities
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 01:57:04 PM »
I watched the debacle from the local watering hole in Woodstock, GA that I will probably never set foot in again.
Went back to the hotel and prepared to get up the next day and head to PCB with my last load of goods.
I'll have to find a local watering hole here in PCB to watch the Tigers wander around the foolsball field.

Oh, and both of my knees were hurting about that time also.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 02:50:03 PM »
I’m fortunate physically.  Old as hell.  Have the usual energy lag but over the last two years, regular work at the gym and boxing in my garage peeled about 60 pounds off this fat ass. 

Mentally is where I’m struggling.  Ask me my address when I lived in Australia in the 70s?  I know it.  Ask me my phone number when I was in high school? It’s there.  Ask me what my daughter’s dog’s name is?  When it’s lived in my house for 10 years? I might not have that.   I just spent two weeks looking at it hoping somebody would say it’s name because I could not come up with it.  Just kept calling it “pup” hoping nobody noticed. 

Part of it is work stress.   I’ve been doing this same thing for 20+ years. It’s gotten increasingly difficult.  Harder to get contracts.  Harder to deal with layers of bureaucracy.  Harder to get them to pay.  Harder to deal with employees. I find myself so stressed sometimes that I feel like I’m going to pass out. I just fired 70% of my staff.   People who have been with me for 12 years or more but had grown entitled and priced themselves out of the budget.  Burned it down and going to build it back.  Maybe.   I’m questioning today if I have the drive to do that again.

But physically?  I’m an old man.  Friday morning I did 140 burpees, 100 sit-ups, 105 jumping jacks, 50 push-ups, 50 kettle bell swings, 50 40-lb curls, and 25 120lb dead lifts.  In an hour.  I’m happy with that.   I couldn’t have done that at age 30.  Damn near twice that now. 

AU depresses me.  I’m glad I have this place to vent.  I don’t need THAT stress. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2022, 03:33:37 PM »
im with y'all  - enjoyed my daughter's CC meet in Bham that same morning. Got up at 430 am EST....and still.... It was much more enjoyable that what transpired on CBS that afternoon.

I got to Auburn about an hour or so before kickoff. I got some beer and talked to family and friends. Talked to Joe. Blared some cool music. Threw footballs with the young kids at the tailgate The game? I didnt really give much of a shit. I knew it was gonna happen. Sure I watched some, and then some I didnt.....and somehow it didnt bother me that I wasn't paying attention for large chunks...

I care ...but I don't. Those other things were better use of my time. I want Auburn to be better...but I just don't QUITE care like I used to I guess. I dunno.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2022, 05:27:45 PM »
Said this on the texting thread, but it shows how far Auburn Football has fallen...

Two weeks ago, my daughter's high school volleyball team was playing in a tournament on a Saturday, and since it was game day, I wore my Auburn polo.  So I see a player on one of the other teams wearing an Auburn sweatshirt, and her mom wearing an Auburn Volleyball sweatshirt.  Her mom gives me obligatory War Eagle, and we start talking.  Her daughter is a junior, and just committed to Auburn for Volleyball.  Asks about the school, and my experience with it.  I ask if they've taken their official visit yet, and she said they were planning to do that next year, and did I have any advice on when to go.  I tell her, pick a big football game, Iron Bowl, UGA..  something like that. 

Her response "Yeah, we were thinking a basketball game instead, because we want to see Auburn win."

Buzz nailed it...  "She ain't wrong."

Sigh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2022, 09:22:42 PM »
Said this on the texting thread, but it shows how far Auburn Football has fallen...

Two weeks ago, my daughter's high school volleyball team was playing in a tournament on a Saturday, and since it was game day, I wore my Auburn polo.  So I see a player on one of the other teams wearing an Auburn sweatshirt, and her mom wearing an Auburn Volleyball sweatshirt.  Her mom gives me obligatory War Eagle, and we start talking.  Her daughter is a junior, and just committed to Auburn for Volleyball.  Asks about the school, and my experience with it.  I ask if they've taken their official visit yet, and she said they were planning to do that next year, and did I have any advice on when to go.  I tell her, pick a big football game, Iron Bowl, UGA..  something like that. 

Her response "Yeah, we were thinking a basketball game instead, because we want to see Auburn win."

Buzz nailed it...  "She ain't wrong."

Sigh.

Sounds like a Hallmark meet cute. 

Did you end up eating the mom’s ass?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2022, 07:48:26 AM »
Dad, I think he’s gonna pork her.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2022, 09:04:37 AM »
Sounds like a Hallmark meet cute. 

Did you end up eating the mom’s ass?
He took her to the candy shop
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2022, 09:32:22 AM »
Dad, I think he’s gonna pork her.

He's not gonna pork her, Russ.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2022, 02:33:30 PM »
He's not gonna pork her, Russ.

He may pork her.  Finish your breakfast.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2022, 04:18:31 PM »

I knew that my fat ass had better find a shitter to hover over, and soon, or there would be problems.  That's another thing about getting older, you'd better take the urge seriously, because there will come a point where there's no turning back.

No trash bag shitter plastic bags to use this time?  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'