Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

First time back

bgreene

First time back
« on: September 15, 2022, 12:54:13 PM »
I took my wife oldest daughter and youngest son down to the AU game last weekend. It was our first time since 2019 and Rozlyn was with us. This past Monday 09/12 marked the third year since she passed. I know y'all are probably thinking, it's been three years, get on with life. Well life has continued to go forward even as much as we wish we could go back to before she got sick.
Anyway, so while we were down there, we made it a point to find her brick on the Tiger Walk. Took us a minute to find it, and they let us in the barricade to look for it, and even helped us. So I wanted to share a couple of photos of it with y'all. I thank you all for it, y'all will never know what it meant to see it and the emotions that came with it.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 01:02:51 PM by bgreene »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

bgreene

Re: First time back
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 01:04:50 PM »
For some reason I can't seem to add the pictures in so they can be seen without the "attachment"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2022, 02:03:43 PM »
I took my wife oldest daughter and youngest son down to the AU game last weekend. It was our first time since 2019 and Rozlyn was with us. This past Monday 09/12 marked the third year since she passed. I know y'all are probably thinking, it's been three years, get on with life. Well life has continued to go forward even as much as we wish we could go back to before she got sick.

Anyway, so while we were down there, we made it a point to find her brick on the Tiger Walk. Took us a minute to find it, and they let us in the barricade to look for it, and even helped us. So I wanted to share a couple of photos of it with y'all. I thank you all for it, y'all will never know what it meant to see it and the emotions that came with it.

You're gonna be hard pressed to find even a degenerate on here that would say that. I don't think a parent ever gets over that....in fact I think its the worst thing a human can probably go through emotionally. So no need to worry there dude. And Im glad to hear that you guys have been able to press forward as much as you can, and keep those glowing memories alive and well.

Kudos to y'all brother.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2022, 02:05:06 PM »
Brother, not a soul in this world who thinks that. 

Glad you went back and found it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2022, 02:10:11 PM »
Yep, glad you found it.  I looked for it a couple of years ago, but couldn't find it. 

And I echo the others' sentiment.  Nobody would expect you to move on. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2022, 02:43:39 PM »
If getting on means continuing to wake up every day, then yeah, get on.
However, no parent should ever have to bury their child. There is no true “getting on” from that. I’m glad you have something that will be there for years to come to remember.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2022, 02:52:08 PM »
If anyone here thinks that, then I'm going to tell Buzz not to give them any more ZJs on Thursday night.

Glad y'all found it, brother.  Semper Fi.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2022, 03:21:03 PM »

I'm glad y'all were able to see and get a pic with that special brick.  Brother, I would fight anyone on here that said something stupid like "get on with life" to you.  Thanks for sharing the pics as well.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your beautiful family.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2022, 03:45:31 PM »
I'm glad y'all were able to see and get a pic with that special brick.  Brother, I would fight anyone on here that said something stupid like "get on with life" to you.  Thanks for sharing the pics as well.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your beautiful family.

Get on with life. There, I said it. Not to bgreene.  But I still said it.  Come on, Cletus. Come on.  Ain't but a short drive down here.  You drivin' down, butcha' limpin' back.

Actually, I had knee surgery recently.  I'd be the one limpin' to get away.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2022, 05:29:07 PM »
Get on with life. There, I said it. Not to bgreene.  But I still said it.  Come on, Cletus. Come on.  Ain't but a short drive down here.  You drivin' down, butcha' limpin' back.
Damn...I really didn't think this one through.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2022, 05:42:49 PM »
Damn...I really didn't think this one through.

I ain't no easy win, nurra.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2022, 12:10:43 PM »
I would say that you have moved on with life and with her memory. A great tribute to her and your family. Having a foundation for childhood cancer is an incredible testament of how much she was loved.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com