Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2-0 and hosting PSU

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 2-0 and hosting PSU
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2022, 09:46:10 AM »

Nebraska did it.  Arizona State did it.  Why not? 

An interim AD is not going to mash the launch in orbit button or is it a test for him? 

All around it was a disappointment.  Lines on both sides of the ball struggled.  No push, no penetration, no sacks.

Penn State is a good football team but that’s a mid tier SEC program that we faced. 

Beat Mizzou! 

That's at the heart of it all, especially on the offensive side of the ball.  I'm actually not as worried about the run blocking as I am what was happening on just about every single pass play.  I believe it was 98' when FUGA came to town and just beat the hell out of Gabe Gross.  That's what Saturday reminded me of.  Haven't seen an Auburn O-line look like that since.  It was a mad rush to the QB on every snap.

Just an observation from the cheap seats that caused me to leave at the start of the 4th quarter.  When we got the ball to start the 2nd half, and went backwards 8 yards, it's like all the air went out the stadium and this team.  By the end of the 3rd, the D had all but quit.  Derick Hall wasn't even lining up.  He was walking up to the line and standing straight up.  It was time to go.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2022, 02:34:53 PM »
That's at the heart of it all, especially on the offensive side of the ball.  I'm actually not as worried about the run blocking as I am what was happening on just about every single pass play.  I believe it was 98' when FUGA came to town and just beat the hell out of Gabe Gross.  That's what Saturday reminded me of.  Haven't seen an Auburn O-line look like that since.  It was a mad rush to the QB on every snap.

Just an observation from the cheap seats that caused me to leave at the start of the 4th quarter.  When we got the ball to start the 2nd half, and went backwards 8 yards, it's like all the air went out the stadium and this team.  By the end of the 3rd, the D had all but quit.  Derick Hall wasn't even lining up.  He was walking up to the line and standing straight up.  It was time to go.

You should have stayed. We finally threw the ball to a TE with about 1:40 left in the game. It was GLORIOUS!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2022, 03:24:23 PM »
I'd rather watch Robocop 3 on a loop while having my balls serviced by a swarm of yellow jackets than see another down of this team coached by this staff.

Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Not sure what anyone else needs to see from this fraud.

I guess he will do some more photo op bicep curls in his garage - #mycoach - or maybe one of the women in his family can engage in more schizo instabattles on social media with fans and make up more stories that didnt happen, in pleather pants.

Gus had gotten bad. He needed to go. But he was replaced with someone so much worse. I never questioned Gus as a person. He lived the culture and recruited fairly well most of his tenure overall. The last 2-3 years he did not recruit for need. But I never questioned his integrity. Hes just a goofy goober who was paranoid, burnt out here, and done at Auburn, which is a meat grinder of a job if we want to be honest.

With Harsin - I liked the hire at first, because I only looked at the wins and losses at boise without doing any research and looking at any context. I wish I had. I wish Allen Greene had. Boise folks had these same complaints about these same red flags. They warned us. His shit didnt even work at Boise - they got progressively worse at the LOS as he was there.

Sooner this is over, the sooner Roberts can get the PTB on the same page (and yes, he can), the sooner we can replace this charlatan with a legit coach.

A few HS coaches I know in state that are very well respected sent me some analysis on what they saw in game Saturday. It was highly disturbing on the coaching/adjustments side. Like, some of the worst stuff they've seen in a long time. I sent it to a few on here. It reads like a Halloween horror story.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 03:26:24 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2022, 09:24:58 PM »
Not sure what anyone else needs to see from this fraud.

I guess he will do some more photo op bicep curls in his garage - #mycoach - or maybe one of the women in his family can engage in more schizo instabattles on social media with fans and make up more stories that didnt happen, in pleather pants.

Gus had gotten bad. He needed to go. But he was replaced with someone so much worse. I never questioned Gus as a person. He lived the culture and recruited fairly well most of his tenure overall. The last 2-3 years he did not recruit for need. But I never questioned his integrity. Hes just a goofy goober who was paranoid, burnt out here, and done at Auburn, which is a meat grinder of a job if we want to be honest.

With Harsin - I liked the hire at first, because I only looked at the wins and losses at boise without doing any research and looking at any context. I wish I had. I wish Allen Greene had. Boise folks had these same complaints about these same red flags. They warned us. His shit didnt even work at Boise - they got progressively worse at the LOS as he was there.

Sooner this is over, the sooner Roberts can get the PTB on the same page (and yes, he can), the sooner we can replace this charlatan with a legit coach.

A few HS coaches I know in state that are very well respected sent me some analysis on what they saw in game Saturday. It was highly disturbing on the coaching/adjustments side. Like, some of the worst stuff they've seen in a long time. I sent it to a few on here. It reads like a Halloween horror story.

Rack this. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2022, 09:33:39 AM »
Yeah....I'm out.  No excuse for the QB rotation management and the defensive gameplan.

Fuck, I really wanted the outsider to shake up the crusty, self-defeating Auburn football program.

Welcome to the fold, Coach Kevin Steele.   :puke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2022, 09:45:18 AM »
Nobody ever even gave Humperdinck a chance.

Fuck all of you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2022, 10:35:11 AM »
Yeah....I'm out.  No excuse for the QB rotation management and the defensive gameplan.

Fuck, I really wanted the outsider to shake up the crusty, self-defeating Auburn football program.

You misspelled Hugh Freeze.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2022, 10:42:57 AM »

With you dude but I'm holding out hope that Chris Roberts ushers in a new era here. Remember - Harsin is the last domino standing from the Leath fiasco. More unknown types on our BoT caused much of that not the typical big money boogeymen. I think Roberts is the type that can get people on the same page.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2022, 02:31:53 PM »

I'm sorry, Wes.  I really am. 

I was hoping you'd have a chance to gloat. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2022, 02:51:50 PM »
You misspelled Hugh Freeze.
You misspelled Clay Helton
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2022, 03:05:40 PM »
You misspelled Clay Helton

You misspelled Will Muschamp
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2022, 03:10:50 PM »
My head just went BOOM!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2022, 04:37:26 PM »
You misspelled Will Muschamp

Hayyyyy...you reckon we gon git Boom bak hAUme and git ole Charles kelly to be hiz DeeCee? Or maybe you reckin Steele can run the defense and Helton can have the O rollin....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2022, 01:14:05 PM »

Hayyyyy...you reckon we gon git Boom bak hAUme and git ole Charles kelly to be hiz DeeCee? Or maybe you reckin Steele can run the defense and Helton can have the O rollin....

Holy sheet, brocephus.  Whut if thay can get damn T-Will and Kodi back??  That'd be the ticket, racht thar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
oldautiger,
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2022, 04:00:58 PM »
Not sure what anyone else needs to see from this fraud. --Not a goddamn thing!

I guess he will do some more photo op bicep curls in his garage - #mycoach - or maybe one of the women in his family can engage in more schizo instabattles on social media with fans and make up more stories that didnt happen, in pleather pants.--Meh, I'd still give it the ole college try!  Don't you fucking judge me!

Gus had gotten bad. He needed to go. But he was replaced with someone so much worse. I never questioned Gus as a person. He lived the culture and recruited fairly well most of his tenure overall. The last 2-3 years he did not recruit for need. But I never questioned his integrity. Hes just a goofy goober who was paranoid, burnt out here, and done at Auburn, which is a meat grinder of a job if we want to be honest. Something happened to Gus at the A&M game in 2014.  He was never the same after that.  Coach Klein syndrome.

With Harsin - I liked the hire at first, because I only looked at the wins and losses at boise without doing any research and looking at any context. I wish I had. I wish Allen Greene had. Boise folks had these same complaints about these same red flags. They warned us. His shit didnt even work at Boise - they got progressively worse at the LOS as he was there. Man, I wanted this to work!  I wanted it to work so bad because he was an outsider and not one of the good ole boys! He didn't have any connections and I thought that was a good thing. Silly me.

Sooner this is over, the sooner Roberts can get the PTB on the same page (and yes, he can), the sooner we can replace this charlatan with a legit coach. I just don't know who we would go after at this point.  Kiffen, Aranda, Stoops of the wildcat variety, Whittingham, Day?  Are we willing to pay top dollar with a new Pres and AD to get who we want?

A few HS coaches I know in state that are very well respected sent me some analysis on what they saw in game Saturday. It was highly disturbing on the coaching/adjustments side. Like, some of the worst stuff they've seen in a long time. I sent it to a few on here. It reads like a Halloween horror story.   Yeah, I read some comments by some HS coaches that weren't good. Harborlights still hasn't made it to some of the high schools for recruiting.  Still letting his staff do most of it.  Also read where a HS coach was talking about the exact thing you touched on.  We don't make adjustments, there is no urgency and no fire from the HC. That is not good. It's ok to not be Muschamp, but you don't want a statue either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2022, 04:25:10 PM »

Tossed out(in the Trash) my Auburn football wearing stuff, Took Auburn off the DVR player to record anything. Put my Auburn golf shirts in a box. Tired of folks looking at me like it is a special needs school.

Awaiting B-Ball. Be nice to see some actual coaching with emotion.   

I am beginning hate Auburn Football now as much as yawl hate me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2022, 04:45:48 PM »
Tossed out(in the Trash) my Auburn football wearing stuff, Took Auburn off the DVR player to record anything. Put my Auburn golf shirts in a box. Tired of folks looking at me like it is a special needs school.

Awaiting B-Ball. Be nice to see some actual coaching with emotion.   

UNKEEN!  UNKEEN!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2022, 05:08:21 PM »
UNKEEN!  UNKEEN!

Damn skippy.   

2010 and 2013 taught that we can get to the top, since then it has been a race to see how quickly we can do our version of the titanic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2022, 05:39:53 PM »

We hate you as much as Nook loves Crocs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2022, 06:11:09 PM »
anyone seen Dallas?