Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2-0 and hosting PSU

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
2-0 and hosting PSU
« on: September 12, 2022, 12:08:41 PM »
Get over last week.  It's done.  It's in the books.

We owe these pederasts a drubbing and they'll have to take it under the unrelenting 2:30 CBS solar blast.  Yes, Auburn has underperformed against lesser competition while it shakes out the final starting lineups on both sides of the ball.  PSU has handled its business in getting to 2-0, looking especially sharp against the mighty Ohio Bobcats, that's true.  And it all amounts to fuck all come Saturday afternoon.

Let's go to the numbers:

PSU is scoring more (40.5 v 33) per game, but our Tigers are allowing fewer (16 v 20.5) points per game.

PSU has played Purdue (1-1, whipped Indiana St) and Ohio (1-1, FAU), so they are a bit more battled tested from a competitive standpoint.  That said, both teams should fare well easily against 3/4 of those teams, and the real edge comes from opening with a conference opponent and building confidence with a win.

Auburn has a couple of wins which, while not necessarily confidence building from a fan perspective, have given some new guys valuable in-game experience and begun to build confidence in themselves and their teammates. There is talent and depth aplenty to stymie Franklin's offense.  The question will be can the QBs/WRs/TEs (looking at you JSS!) take the heat off Tank/JH and get chunk yardage? 

As long as the Tigers don't come out and trip over their own dicks and dig an early hole, I like us to win 24-10. 

I will be in the stands, screaming my ass off because if you can't appreciate the opportunity to host a B1G team and jam a boot in their ass, then you are dead inside and I pity you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: 2-0 and hosting PSU
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 12:36:46 PM »
Agree in that beating psu would be the most auburn thing ever to do. The science says no shot in hell.

Good news is that auburn seems to defy science and logic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 04:06:03 PM »
Get over last week.  It's done.  It's in the books.

We owe these pederasts a drubbing and they'll have to take it under the unrelenting 2:30 CBS solar blast.  Yes, Auburn has underperformed against lesser competition while it shakes out the final starting lineups on both sides of the ball.  PSU has handled its business in getting to 2-0, looking especially sharp against the mighty Ohio Bobcats, that's true.  And it all amounts to fuck all come Saturday afternoon.

Let's go to the numbers:

PSU is scoring more (40.5 v 33) per game, but our Tigers are allowing fewer (16 v 20.5) points per game.

PSU has played Purdue (1-1, whipped Indiana St) and Ohio (1-1, FAU), so they are a bit more battled tested from a competitive standpoint.  That said, both teams should fare well easily against 3/4 of those teams, and the real edge comes from opening with a conference opponent and building confidence with a win.

Auburn has a couple of wins which, while not necessarily confidence building from a fan perspective, have given some new guys valuable in-game experience and begun to build confidence in themselves and their teammates. There is talent and depth aplenty to stymie Franklin's offense.  The question will be can the QBs/WRs/TEs (looking at you JSS!) take the heat off Tank/JH and get chunk yardage? 

As long as the Tigers don't come out and trip over their own dicks and dig an early hole, I like us to win 24-10. 

I will be in the stands, screaming my ass off because if you can't appreciate the opportunity to host a B1G team and jam a boot in their ass, then you are dead inside and I pity you.

orange and blue glasses.  marijuana. 

i appreciate your inner Terry Bowden. 

if anything, Auburn will be tripping over is QB1.  we have no answer.  what's our stats on running n to s?  it surely felt the O-line could not get a push and open the gaps to inferior teams.

definably a benchmark on whether we go 4-8 or 8-4 for the season.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 05:50:53 PM »
Here's the thing.  Winning Saturday isn't out of the realm of possibility.  I'll be happy if we do win and don't look like toasted gerbil while doing it. 

But what doesn't matter fuck-all is a win against Penn State this week. It might look good for a day or two, but it's like a very sick person having a moment of clarity just before they succumb to whatever illness plagues them. 

-- Beating Penn State won't do fuck-all to bolster the offensive line now or in the future.
-- Beating Penn State won't do fuck-all to resurrect a running game that has been largely absent for several years.  We cannot run the ball. We can't convert short third downs. We get no push. 
-- Beating Penn State won't do fuck-all to a recruiting class that is likely unsalvageable at this point and has us behind every SEC team not named Vanderbilt. That's the apocalypse.
-- Beating Penn State won't do fuck-all to deliver a team that's consistently prepared to play.  Georgia State. San Jose State. Collapses all over the place.  Mental breakdowns. Shockingly inept fundamentals.
-- Beating Penn State won't do fuck-all to solve the problem of fit.  Hollyworm Harber might fit himself, but his family is a horrendous fit for Auburn and they're running his show.  That's not fixable.  Ever.

If we beat Penn State, ooh-rah.  I'll be happy for a brief interlude.  The bleeding has stopped.  But the bullet's still inside, the organs are shredded and the bowel is perforated.  It's only a matter of time.

Wes looks at this team and sees talent and depth aplenty?  I see neither.  That's only going to get worse. 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 05:56:09 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

chinook

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2022, 10:26:52 PM »
its a town and country world.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 10:26:14 AM »
Tee Jay looked like garbage against Mercer.  Assfurd came in and provided a nice, dual threat spark.  I was hoping, in a realistic sense, that if Ashford could be a somewhat consistent passer, not turning it over, he could be the answer to getting that 8-4 season that I think most fans would be happy with. Especially given that every expert/analyst on the planet has us picked barely above Vandy in the SEC.

Then, both of them came out this past Saturday, and threw perfect, tight spirals, hitting SJS defenders in the numbers.  Ashford threw two other passes, one of which was wild and too high on a roll out, after he wound up like Nolan Ryan. There's a reason he hasn't won this job.  After the interception, Finley, to his credit, looked pretty sharp the rest of the way.  He was accurate and on time, for the most part.  He's still a 6'7" statue.

I'm afraid the old saying of, "If you're playing two QB's, you don't have one" may be what we're faced with.

Defensively, I thought they played well overall.  I was a little concerned they failed to make any adjustments to what it seemed clear SJS was doing.  Their QB was sacked 7 times in the first game.  It was obvious they were going to get the ball out of his hands quickly.  They must have run 10 of those quick slants, or skinny posts.  Otherwise, holding any team to 16 points and less than 330 yards in this day and age of wide open, spread offenses, is something I'll take every week.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2022, 11:25:12 AM »
Tee Jay looked like garbage against Mercer.  Assfurd came in and provided a nice, dual threat spark.  I was hoping, in a realistic sense, that if Ashford could be a somewhat consistent passer, not turning it over, he could be the answer to getting that 8-4 season that I think most fans would be happy with. Especially given that every expert/analyst on the planet has us picked barely above Vandy in the SEC.

Then, both of them came out this past Saturday, and threw perfect, tight spirals, hitting SJS defenders in the numbers.  Ashford threw two other passes, one of which was wild and too high on a roll out, after he wound up like Nolan Ryan. There's a reason he hasn't won this job.  After the interception, Finley, to his credit, looked pretty sharp the rest of the way.  He was accurate and on time, for the most part.  He's still a 6'7" statue.

I'm afraid the old saying of, "If you're playing two QB's, you don't have one" may be what we're faced with.

Defensively, I thought they played well overall.  I was a little concerned they failed to make any adjustments to what it seemed clear SJS was doing.  Their QB was sacked 7 times in the first game.  It was obvious they were going to get the ball out of his hands quickly.  They must have run 10 of those quick slants, or skinny posts.  Otherwise, holding any team to 16 points and less than 330 yards in this day and age of wide open, spread offenses, is something I'll take every week.

Run D? Great....They are good at sealing the edge and clogging up lanes.

Pass D? Much disappoint. They do not pressure the QB much.

I have heard all off season that Simpson, Pritchett and especially Kaufman were going to be all world Roger McCreary they are NOT.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2022, 11:55:53 AM »
Run D? Great....They are good at sealing the edge and clogging up lanes.

Pass D? Much disappoint. They do not pressure the QB much.

I have heard all off season that Simpson, Pritchett and especially Kaufman were going to be all world Roger McCreary they are NOT.

The coaches were also monkeying around with different lineups.  There was a lot of movement between Kaufmann, Puckett and Scott.  Until they settle on a lineup, there will be some mistakes.

As to Snag's QB ramblings...the coaches made a statement of sort by naming TJ QB1...with no "or" for Ashford at QB2.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2022, 12:21:12 PM »
I know this sounds like a an excuse, and Lord knows, there's nothing that sounds worse than making excuses for a bad performance against someone like San Jose State.  But one of the reasons, outside the 2 picks, for such a crappy first half, was penalties.  We had 9 penalties for 85 yards, most of those coming in the first half.  John Samuel Michael David Shenker had 3 in the first quarter. 

Once we got it going a little, the rushing attack was pretty stout. They started opening up some nice holes, and we wound up with 5.6 yards per rush.  That's not bad.  I thought Jar-Kwez ran hard, and Damari Alston looks like he's got a nice career ahead of him.

Anywayz, they'd better clean up the penalties.  If they have 9 this Saturday, it might get ugly. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2022, 11:57:31 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2022, 04:01:57 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2022, 04:36:00 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2022, 08:37:02 PM »
Big recruiting weekend...

https://twitter.com/TorresOnAuburn/status/1570129387701370884

Hope I’m wrong. 

But I’m telling you right now once again. This is the worst I’ve ever seen recruiting.   I’ve been alive for eight different Auburn coaches. Each had their own way, but all of them before now knew how to sell Auburn.  They understood what makes Auburn special and how to get recruits to understand.  This. Guy.  Does.  Not. 

He rolled in here with his Hollyweird Housewife, his leather clad Mormonbama Shore daughters looking more like a shitty OWN reality show than the first family of Auburn football.  He did not, has not and from what I hear still doesn’t put the recruiting groundwork.   

This is the worst shape recruiting has been in since I’ve been alive.  I don’t think you can go back to even before Shug — 70 years — and find anything nearly as dismal. A win Saturday will not change that. 

And this bubble head has the arrogance to say “Watch.”   

*sigh*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2022, 09:06:25 AM »
I would like to beat those yankee bastards purely over their crass attitude and articles like the one below. I actually feel bad for them being that stupid writing that piece of garbage. Sounds like two freshmen interns wrote it for the school paper.

Read it and cringe.

https://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-football/article265710896.html

- Auburn’s offense isn’t good and shouldn’t give Penn State much trouble Saturday afternoon - this is the kind of statement that bites you in the ass usually, because - karma.

- Finley is a threat to run the ball -  huh?

- That could leave Bigsby and Ashford with more space to make things happen with their contrasting running styles.- his name is Jarquez Hunter not Ashford. Ashford is TJ's backup, remember?

- The Nittany Lions will be able to win this game with relative ease - sigh...and yes there is context there but never ever say that about any sec road game under any pretenses...DUMB

- Harris brought down runners in the backfield three times last weekend - OMG, like for real bro, like....3 times???

- Penn State’s offensive line and running backs may have an answer to the behemoth Auburn defensive line - why, thank you KYLE, and you too Mr. Sauber. We like to think our behemoth line is among the best.Were glad you noticed.

- Redshirt sophomore left tackle Olu Fashanu and redshirt freshman left guard Landon Tengwall have blown teams away with their power blocking - good life advice: find someone who blows you away, the way that 2 Penn state linemen blow away entire teams with their sweet power blocking - and you'll always be happy.

Written by these two esteemed Gen Z dipshits....

JON SAUBER (814) 231-6461 Jon Sauber earned his B.A. in digital and print journalism from Penn State and his M.A. in sports journalism from IUPUI. His previous stops include jobs at The Indianapolis Star, the NCAA, and Rivals.

KYLE J. ANDREWS 814-287-9230 Kyle J. Andrews is a 2018 graduate of the University of Baltimore, home of the perennially undefeated Bees. Prior to heading to the Centre Daily Times, he spent times as a sports reporter for the Baltimore Sun Media Group, covering the Ravens and Orioles for 105.7 The Fan, Baltimore Beatdown and Fox Sports 1340 AM.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 09:16:19 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2022, 02:10:14 PM »

Written by these two esteemed Gen Z dipshits....

JON SAUBER (814) 231-6461 Jon Sauber earned his B.A. in digital and print journalism from Penn State and his M.A. in sports journalism from IUPUI. His previous stops include jobs at The Indianapolis Star, the NCAA, and Rivals.

KYLE J. ANDREWS 814-287-9230 Kyle J. Andrews is a 2018 graduate of the University of Baltimore, home of the perennially undefeated Bees. Prior to heading to the Centre Daily Times, he spent times as a sports reporter for the Baltimore Sun Media Group, covering the Ravens and Orioles for 105.7 The Fan, Baltimore Beatdown and Fox Sports 1340 AM.

If the FSU game goes to shit tonight, I'll have to spend an hour and see what these guys wrote before the Outback bowl, I'm betting it will be entertaining.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2022, 08:50:26 PM »
If the FSU game goes to shit tonight, I'll have to spend an hour and see what these guys wrote before the Outback bowl, I'm betting it will be entertaining.

I bet their left tackle, like, power blocked your entire team….bro.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2022, 06:40:46 PM »
Seen enough? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2022, 10:22:44 PM »
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 07:08:30 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2022, 05:54:18 PM »
Just watch….

I'd rather watch Robocop 3 on a loop while having my balls serviced by a swarm of yellow jackets than see another down of this team coached by this staff.

Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

chinook

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2022, 08:35:17 AM »
I'd rather watch Robocop 3 on a loop while having my balls serviced by a swarm of yellow jackets than see another down of this team coached by this staff.

Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Nebraska did it.  Arizona State did it.  Why not? 

An interim AD is not going to mash the launch in orbit button or is it a test for him? 

All around it was a disappointment.  Lines on both sides of the ball struggled.  No push, no penetration, no sacks.

Penn State is a good football team but that’s a mid tier SEC program that we faced. 

Beat Mizzou! 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions