Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Home stretch

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Home stretch
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2022, 02:51:55 PM »

So you're saying Finley could be good, unless he isn't?

I'm saying he has the potential to be pretty good, yeah.  But it's raw potential and needs refinement.  Gus would never have provided that.  Can Hushmonger?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2022, 01:28:28 PM »
So apparently in the scrimmage last Friday Calzone was slangin' the ball around and looked good.  Too little, too late?  If Finley has progressed, and if the coaches have developed him over the offseason he could be pretty damn good.  Take a look at his offer list.  AU, LSU, bama, Baylor, UGA, A&m, Ok St and several others.  You don't get an offer to those places unless they see potential.  I don't know how far he has came along, but I will trust Harbinger and Key's record with QB's far and beyond what Gus could do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2022, 04:14:47 PM »
I'm saying he has the potential to be pretty good, yeah.  But it's raw potential and needs refinement.  Gus would never have provided that.  Can Hushmonger?

I will say that he himself was a pretty good QB and has a much better track record developing them than Gus ever will.

Ive questioned Harbinger as a culture fit, Ive questioned some of his hires, Ive mostly questioned whether he understands recruiting on this level in this part of the country.

But I do not doubt the guy can coach fundamentals, toughness and offensive scheme. I am HOPING that this is TJ's turnaround and his Jason Campbell moment (with Borges).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2022, 04:27:14 PM »
I will say that he himself was a pretty good QB and has a much better track record developing them than Gus ever will.

Ive questioned Harbinger as a culture fit, Ive questioned some of his hires, Ive mostly questioned whether he understands recruiting on this level in this part of the country.

But I do not doubt the guy can coach fundamentals, toughness and offensive scheme. I am HOPING that this is TJ's turnaround and his Jason Campbell moment (with Borges).
If Harsin starts wearing Hawaiian print shirts on the sidelines I would feel better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2022, 04:30:31 PM »
If Harsin starts wearing Hawaiian print shirts on the sidelines I would feel better.

If it worked the same way? All for it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE