Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

College Footballz 2022

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
College Footballz 2022
« on: August 11, 2022, 12:25:19 PM »
Putcher thoughts, predictions, general musings on the upcoming season here.  A few to start:

* It's the usual suspects in the preseason rankings.  Bama, FUGA, tOSU etc. Most think Clemson will be good again after a big step back last season.  Two factors that say that might be the case.  Reeeally good defense, and they play in the ACC.  Nuff said.

* Don't get the A&M love.  Some have them as high as #5.  Why?

* Upset alert in the first game.  Penn State goes to Purdue. PSU lost a lot to graduation and early departures.  The B'Makers won 9 games, including a bowl win over Tennessee.  They have just about everyone returning.  Purdue does NOT run the ball, but they will fling it all over the place. If the Fighting Sandusky's don't bring their A game on D, it could be a long day. But, probably not since I'm predicting an upset. 

* It wouldn't be an upset in my book, but don't be surprised if Utah takes down Gusty Gaytah on September 3rd. 

Thoughts?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: College Footballz 2022
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 01:06:48 PM »
So glad you asked.

ACC
ACC Atlantic
Clemson
NC State
Wake Forest
Louisville
Florida State
Boston College
Syracuse

ACC Coastal
Miami
Pitt
Virginia
North Carolina
Virginia Tech
Georgia Tech

ACC CG: Clemson over Miami
Narrative: The reason I am going with Clemson has more to do with that defense - I think that sets them apart in a league that appears to be leaning heavy towards offense. All of the other Atlantic teams lack defensive prowess. While a few have some interesting offenses (NC State, Wake, Lville), I don't see that as enough of an advantage to get all the way over Clemson. That late season game with Miami for Clemson will be a serious test but I think it's one they can pass - twice. I give Miami the edge over Pitt because I like the talent on Miami's roster slightly more than what I know about Pitt as of today. That could flip the other way by the time they play each other. The rest of the Coastal is a Yahtzee throw except for Georgia Tech. The Yellow Jackets are my prediction for "first to enter the coaching carousel" this year.

Big Ten
Big Ten East
Ohio State
Michigan State
Penn State
Michigan
Maryland
Rutgers
Indiana

Big Ten West
Purdue
Wisconsin
Iowa
Minnesota
Illinois
Nebraska
Northwestern

Big Ten CG: Ohio State over Purdue
Narrative: The East division isn't a surprise because Ohio State is as loaded on offense as any team in the country. If they get anything - ANYTHING - remotely resembling competent defense, they should navigate that schedule towards Indianapolis and beyond. I like Michigan State and Penn State more than Michigan and the rest of the division isn't all that interesting. (Fun note: I get to see Maryland up close as they travel TO Charlotte for a game on campus this season.) The West is where I pull a "surprise," I guess. I really like Aidan O'Connell at QB for Purdue and Jeff Brohm as an offensive mind. I think Wisconsin and Iowa are interchangeable this year. Minnesota could surprise a little. I don't think Illinois, Nebraska, or Northwestern are formidable at all.

Big 12
Baylor
Kansas State
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Texas
Iowa State
West Virginia
TCU
Texas Tech
Kansas

Big 12 CG:
Kansas State over Baylor
Narrative: The Big 12 might be the most competitive at the top of any conference this year. That also means I think they keep themselves from the be-all end-all playoff as currently structured. I'm picking K State to win a rematch with Baylor. I like Deuce Vaughn as an explosive playmaker. Baylor has most of its team back and the word is they have upgraded at QB though that remains to be seen. I'm not buying Oklahoma in a reset. Texas will be better in November than September if they can avoid serious injury issues. The bottom four teams either feature new coaches or soon to be first coaches. Each week could feature a shuffling upset with the Big 12 this year.

PAC 12 (no divisions starts this year!)
Utah
UCLA
Oregon
USC
Oregon State
Washington State
Stanford
Washington
Cal
Arizona
Arizona State
Colorado

PAC 12 CG:
Utah over UCLA
Narrative: Utah's always had the up front talent to compete. Now they have the playmaker at QB to complete an offense and that's the difference here. I am banking on Chip Kelly's machinations all aligning enough to get them into striking distance of the crown, but they still have flaws. USC is flashy and fun but I don't know how a team of assembled parts can make the leap the national media want them to in one year. I think the Utes are going to "surprise" people this year.

SEC
SEC East
Kentucky
Georgia
Florida
South Carolina
Tennessee
Missouri
Vanderbilt

SEC West
Alabama
Texas A&M
Arkansas
Mississippi State
Auburn
Ole Miss
LSU

SEC CG:
Alabama over Kentucky
Narrative: Before you spit your coffee all over the monitor, allow me to explain myself. I think Georgia is really good. Like, 10-2 good. I just think that IF there is a year another team can get by them to Atlanta, it's this year and it's this Kentucky team. They have the foundation, the coaching, the QB, and the schedule to do it even though I do think they lose one or two along the way as well, so no playoffs for the Blue Cats. Behind those two, I still like Florida's roster talent (and their coaching staff) over South Carolina. I'm not buying Tennessee at all. In the West, boring wins but it's because boring (Alabama) has a killer defensive front that allows them to drop seven in coverage. Coupled with what I think will be a bit of a return to the "line up and mash people offense" with Gibbs and the rest of the RBs/OL, I think Alabama can smash their way through the schedule to the postseason. I don't like having Texas A&M that high but I don't think Arkansas or Miss. State can get over them. I think Auburn may be able to use a solid defense and run game to get over Ole Miss. Take the letters off the helmet and jersey when you look at LSU this year. That's not a good roster. They will be in the future, most likely, but not this year.

Playoff Four: Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson, Utah
Title Game: Alabama over Ohio State  :taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 01:08:56 PM »
Only the polls like Aggie. Not seeing much hype with them among fans or pundits.

On the OTHER hand (1.00 to randee travuss) - Tenn and Arky...my word.

The media LOVES the hogs. I get it. Pittman has overachieved. They've had a few decent classes. But with their talent....10 wins, being in the sec west? Weve seen this song play out before. 

And tenneseee......the UTK Fan slobbering is at an all time high level.

Typical UT honk in July and August: "9 wins iz a werst case sunario, problee 10 iff werrrr been honust Pawll...If hypull plays his cards rite, I thank we could take tha east from uga and maybe even beat em...dontchu thank?"   

Its almost like their fans calling into shows are indistinguishable from the typical Bammers that call in - minus the ACTUAL success. They are so hungry to win something right now and its going to be a glorious let down for them when they don't become what they think they are right now. AGAIN.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 01:10:38 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2022, 01:52:18 PM »
Interesting note in the big 10 (+3 minus 4 x 2 to the square root of 1.84) - I think Fleck is a good coach. Hes like Harsin but with about 10x the charm and personality. Very Bruce like but also hard nosed. There has been some turmoil stirred up with him by a few former players, which seems to have created some team chemistry issues at Minnesota. Its very strange to say the least.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2022, 02:26:58 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2022, 02:41:09 PM »
A lot of people are fairly high on meth...err, Kentucky.  Not to win the East, but a good chance of finishing 2nd. Don't know where they'll finish, but if you're half way decent, and your schedule includes:

Miami OH
Northern Illinois
Youngstown State
Sakerlina
Mizzou
Vandy
Louisville

Then you pretty much have 7 wins right there.  Steal one or two from maybe UT, Miss. State or Ole Miss, and guess what?  That Mark Stoops is doing a fiiiinne job at Kentucky.  Broken record.

Now, on a Kentucky related note...if Gusty loses to Utah on September 3rd, and UK knocks them off the next week, how long before the Gaytah nation starts asking "Where the hell did this Billy Naypeer fool come from?"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2022, 03:05:17 PM »
A lot of people are fairly high on meth...err, Kentucky.  Not to win the East, but a good chance of finishing 2nd. Don't know where they'll finish, but if you're half way decent, and your schedule includes:

Miami OH
Northern Illinois
Youngstown State
Sakerlina
Mizzou
Vandy
Louisville

Then you pretty much have 7 wins right there.  Steal one or two from maybe UT, Miss. State or Ole Miss, and guess what?  That Mark Stoops is doing a fiiiinne job at Kentucky.  Broken record.

Now, on a Kentucky related note...if Gusty loses to Utah on September 3rd, and UK knocks them off the next week, how long before the Gaytah nation starts asking "Where the hell did this Billy Naypeer fool come from?"

I do think Stoops is a good coach and he is probably doing as good as a coach could at Kentucky and in this conference. What I like about his teams is they are physical and are built for good line play on both sides of the ball. What they lack at times is skill position players which is where they often fall behind UGA or even Fla. Would not be shocked at all to see them finish 2nd.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 03:08:06 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2022, 03:15:35 PM »
Just watched 5 minutes of film of today's practice.  A lot of 7 on 7, and individual unit drills. Two obvious observations.

Y'all know I've been on Derick Hall since he got to Auburn as a 217 pound LB/DE.  I thought he'd be the dark horse breakout player of that class. It's taken him a few years, and last year was the one that finally put him on the map.  Folks, this dude is now 257 and built like a brick shit house.  Preseason All SEC by some outlets.  Looks like Carl Lawson and Takeo Spikes had a baby.

Interior defensive line.  This bunch is huge, and we've got numbers.  Lots of them.  And they are noticeably in unbelievable shape.  One thing we'll never have to worry about with a Havrinz coached team. They will be big, strong and physical.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2022, 03:55:56 PM »
Just watched 5 minutes of film of today's practice.  A lot of 7 on 7, and individual unit drills. Two obvious observations.

Y'all know I've been on Derick Hall since he got to Auburn as a 217 pound LB/DE.  I thought he'd be the dark horse breakout player of that class. It's taken him a few years, and last year was the one that finally put him on the map.  Folks, this dude is now 257 and built like a brick shit house.  Preseason All SEC by some outlets.  Looks like Carl Lawson and Takeo Spikes had a baby.

Interior defensive line.  This bunch is huge, and we've got numbers.  Lots of them.  And they are noticeably in unbelievable shape.  One thing we'll never have to worry about with a Havrinz coached team. They will be big, strong and physical.   

Its why I think the dude and his guys have their strengths....there is no doubt they are old school, fundamental, hard nosed, no excuse, physical type coaches. I like that part. I think they are banking on that winning games and the games to sell recruits. If that happens, he MAY make it.

Caution: tangent rant here but.....Its gonna be a binary thing this fall, so by November I think we will know one way or another his long term trajectory. I think he still has to play nice with the big money folks like Bruce does and he still has to leverage NIL long term.

Greene is the wildcard here because most do not see him being here this time next year....and he is Harsin's biggest fan. Chris Roberts loves AU Athletics and wants to see it do well. Greene tends to run it like a business not an athletic dept, meaning he cuts pennies entirely too much and handcuffs many sports. That somewhat ended a year or so ago when Burgess started making more of those decisions as the quasi "Co-AD".

I hope Roberts and whoever he hires as next AD have a pow wow with Harsin and the big money people and get on the same page. At that point football can thrive with NIL.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 04:00:01 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2022, 04:07:30 PM »
Putcher thoughts, predictions, general musings on the upcoming season here.  A few to start:

* It's the usual suspects in the preseason rankings.  Bama, FUGA, tOSU etc. Most think Clemson will be good again after a big step back last season.  Two factors that say that might be the case.  Reeeally good defense, and they play in the ACC.  Nuff said.

Agreed.  The pre-positioning via the baseless pre-season schedule helps here.

* Don't get the A&M love.  Some have them as high as #5.  Why?

Actually totally agree.  Achane can't carry the team.

* Upset alert in the first game.  Penn State goes to Purdue. PSU lost a lot to graduation and early departures.  The B'Makers won 9 games, including a bowl win over Tennessee.  They have just about everyone returning.  Purdue does NOT run the ball, but they will fling it all over the place. If the Fighting Sandusky's don't bring their A game on D, it could be a long day. But, probably not since I'm predicting an upset. 

On the one hand, I hope you are correct.  In the other hand I have my hog.  I can only believe in one.  Therefore, PSU loses its first game in Auburn.

* It wouldn't be an upset in my book, but don't be surprised if Utah takes down Gusty Gaytah on September 3rd. 

Thoughts?

Not only possible, but probable.  I love Napier in Gainesville, but he needs time to get his team in place.  Wittingham could make a statement here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2022, 04:12:26 PM »
So glad you asked.

ACC
ACC Atlantic
Clemson
NC State
Wake Forest
Louisville
Florida State
Boston College
Syracuse

ACC Coastal
Miami
Pitt
Virginia
North Carolina
Virginia Tech
Georgia Tech

ACC CG: Clemson over Miami
Narrative: The reason I am going with Clemson has more to do with that defense - I think that sets them apart in a league that appears to be leaning heavy towards offense. All of the other Atlantic teams lack defensive prowess. While a few have some interesting offenses (NC State, Wake, Lville), I don't see that as enough of an advantage to get all the way over Clemson. That late season game with Miami for Clemson will be a serious test but I think it's one they can pass - twice. I give Miami the edge over Pitt because I like the talent on Miami's roster slightly more than what I know about Pitt as of today. That could flip the other way by the time they play each other. The rest of the Coastal is a Yahtzee throw except for Georgia Tech. The Yellow Jackets are my prediction for "first to enter the coaching carousel" this year.

Big Ten
Big Ten East
Ohio State
Michigan State
Penn State
Michigan
Maryland
Rutgers
Indiana

Big Ten West
Purdue
Wisconsin
Iowa
Minnesota
Illinois
Nebraska
Northwestern

Big Ten CG: Ohio State over Purdue
Narrative: The East division isn't a surprise because Ohio State is as loaded on offense as any team in the country. If they get anything - ANYTHING - remotely resembling competent defense, they should navigate that schedule towards Indianapolis and beyond. I like Michigan State and Penn State more than Michigan and the rest of the division isn't all that interesting. (Fun note: I get to see Maryland up close as they travel TO Charlotte for a game on campus this season.) The West is where I pull a "surprise," I guess. I really like Aidan O'Connell at QB for Purdue and Jeff Brohm as an offensive mind. I think Wisconsin and Iowa are interchangeable this year. Minnesota could surprise a little. I don't think Illinois, Nebraska, or Northwestern are formidable at all.

Big 12
Baylor
Kansas State
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Texas
Iowa State
West Virginia
TCU
Texas Tech
Kansas

Big 12 CG:
Kansas State over Baylor
Narrative: The Big 12 might be the most competitive at the top of any conference this year. That also means I think they keep themselves from the be-all end-all playoff as currently structured. I'm picking K State to win a rematch with Baylor. I like Deuce Vaughn as an explosive playmaker. Baylor has most of its team back and the word is they have upgraded at QB though that remains to be seen. I'm not buying Oklahoma in a reset. Texas will be better in November than September if they can avoid serious injury issues. The bottom four teams either feature new coaches or soon to be first coaches. Each week could feature a shuffling upset with the Big 12 this year.

PAC 12 (no divisions starts this year!)
Utah
UCLA
Oregon
USC
Oregon State
Washington State
Stanford
Washington
Cal
Arizona
Arizona State
Colorado

PAC 12 CG:
Utah over UCLA
Narrative: Utah's always had the up front talent to compete. Now they have the playmaker at QB to complete an offense and that's the difference here. I am banking on Chip Kelly's machinations all aligning enough to get them into striking distance of the crown, but they still have flaws. USC is flashy and fun but I don't know how a team of assembled parts can make the leap the national media want them to in one year. I think the Utes are going to "surprise" people this year.

SEC
SEC East
Kentucky
Georgia
Florida
South Carolina
Tennessee
Missouri
Vanderbilt

SEC West
Alabama
Texas A&M
Arkansas
Mississippi State
Auburn
Ole Miss
LSU

SEC CG:
Alabama over Kentucky
Narrative: Before you spit your coffee all over the monitor, allow me to explain myself. I think Georgia is really good. Like, 10-2 good. I just think that IF there is a year another team can get by them to Atlanta, it's this year and it's this Kentucky team. They have the foundation, the coaching, the QB, and the schedule to do it even though I do think they lose one or two along the way as well, so no playoffs for the Blue Cats. Behind those two, I still like Florida's roster talent (and their coaching staff) over South Carolina. I'm not buying Tennessee at all. In the West, boring wins but it's because boring (Alabama) has a killer defensive front that allows them to drop seven in coverage. Coupled with what I think will be a bit of a return to the "line up and mash people offense" with Gibbs and the rest of the RBs/OL, I think Alabama can smash their way through the schedule to the postseason. I don't like having Texas A&M that high but I don't think Arkansas or Miss. State can get over them. I think Auburn may be able to use a solid defense and run game to get over Ole Miss. Take the letters off the helmet and jersey when you look at LSU this year. That's not a good roster. They will be in the future, most likely, but not this year.

Playoff Four: Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson, Utah
Title Game: Alabama over Ohio State  :taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2022, 04:14:23 PM »
In the other hand I have my hog.  I can only believe in one.  Therefore, PSU loses its first game in Auburn.

awww, don't say that weskie. Im sure your hog is.....nice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2022, 10:15:34 PM »
Old Piss will be better without Matt “Muh Pussy Aches” Corral than they were with him.

May not translate to more wins, but they will be a stronger team. 

That’s all I have to say.  Nothing else moves me.  When does basketball season start?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2022, 10:58:32 PM »
I'm gonna make 2 bold predictions for the early season.

1.  Tejas takes down the mighty Tahd in a wild west shootout.  48-45

2.  El Tigres beat shower shoes U by 2 touchdowns.

Check back in a few weeks for 2 more mid-season bold predictions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2022, 09:38:19 AM »
Going back to Kentucky for a sec, the most overrated coach in college basketball history, John Halle Berry, decided to put pressure on the UK administration to build a new practice facility, by saying this in an interview with The Athletic.

"This is a basketball school. It's always been that. Alabama is a football school. So is Georgia. I mean, they are. No disrespect to our football team. I hope they win 10 games and go to bowls. At the end of the day, that makes my job easier, and it makes the job of all of us easier. But this is a basketball school. And so we need to keep moving in that direction and keep doing what we're doing."

Mark Stoops was not pleased.  Fired off some twats and re-twats letting Calipari know the football Cats have won 4 straight bowl games, while the "Basketball school" hasn't won a post season game since 2019.

:popcorn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2022, 10:44:55 AM »
Going back to Kentucky for a sec, the most overrated coach in college basketball history, John Halle Berry, decided to put pressure on the UK administration to build a new practice facility, by saying this in an interview with The Athletic.

"This is a basketball school. It's always been that. Alabama is a football school. So is Georgia. I mean, they are. No disrespect to our football team. I hope they win 10 games and go to bowls. At the end of the day, that makes my job easier, and it makes the job of all of us easier. But this is a basketball school. And so we need to keep moving in that direction and keep doing what we're doing."

Mark Stoops was not pleased.  Fired off some twats and re-twats letting Calipari know the football Cats have won 4 straight bowl games, while the "Basketball school" hasn't won a post season game since 2019.

:popcorn:

Correct...it can be argued with stats that Kentucky football has been better than Kentucky basketball since Stoops arrived. I like him a lot more than Callyparee too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2022, 11:19:35 AM »
Correct...it can be argued with stats that Kentucky football has been better than Kentucky basketball since Stoops arrived. I like him a lot more than Callyparee too.

I watched a good bit of Kentucky's exhibition game the other night against the Dominican Republic.  Again, it's a reloading of 6'10" McDonald's All Americans.  Plus, Oscar Sheebway (I can't spell that dude's name), the rebounding man child is back.  How many years in a row can this guy squander that much talent?  I give him credit for being able to get it every year.  Well, maybe not.  I think Kentucky recruits itself. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2022, 11:35:09 AM »
I watched a good bit of Kentucky's exhibition game the other night against the Dominican Republic.  Again, it's a reloading of 6'10" McDonald's All Americans.  Plus, Oscar Sheebway (I can't spell that dude's name), the rebounding man child is back.  How many years in a row can this guy squander that much talent?  I give him credit for being able to get it every year.  Well, maybe not.  I think Kentucky recruits itself.
KY basketball does recruit itself.  Stoops has fought like hell to make football relevant there and has done a good job thus far.

Stoops > Capillary
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2022, 04:47:18 PM »
Back many years ago?

Kentucky gave Adolph Rupp a car.  They gave Bahr Brunt a watch.  Brunt was pissed.  He left.

I think about that often.  What if they’d given him a car too.  The history of college football might be vastly different. 

What might things look like if Stoops leaves UK where he has disadvantages and lands at a place like AU where all the pieces are just waiting for some non-dumbass to put them together? 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 04:49:17 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2022, 08:18:42 PM »
Back many years ago?

Kentucky gave Adolph Rupp a car.  They gave Bahr Brunt a watch.  Brunt was pissed.  He left.

I think about that often.  What if they’d given him a car too.  The history of college football might be vastly different. 

What might things look like if Stoops leaves UK where he has disadvantages and lands at a place like AU where all the pieces are just waiting for some non-dumbass to put them together?

He’s absolutely who I would pick if the current guy doesn’t work out. Of course the normal pie in the sky coaches will be shouted by everyone. Sure I’d love brother bob too. But he’s happy not coaching. That ship sailed once word leaked out that Rane was having serious chats with him a few years before Gus was canned.

I do find brother mark an extremely underrated coach. He builds both lines well. Imagine what he could do on the plains with the better facilities, program history and recruiting territory.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE