Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Server is a Ni-BOOOONNNG

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
The Server is a Ni-BOOOONNNG
« on: September 07, 2022, 04:53:00 PM »
Don't know where to put this, so here is as good a place as any. It appears a Duke Volleyball player made claims that during a match against BYU, a BYU fan, or fans, were hurling racial slurs at her, and other black teammates.  There was one patron removed, but he was not a BYU student, and it appears it was because he approached one of the Duke players after the match.

The Provo Police have been involved and reviewed all the footage they could get access to and said they found no evidence of any racial slurs.  The BYU administration has reviewed all video as well, including any cell phone footage they could get, and also found zero evidence of it.  The volleyball player said it was constant throughout the match, and she was being called the N-word every time she served.

In a total knee-jerk reaction, South Carolina Women's basketball coach, Dawn Staley, got administration to agree to cancel an upcoming home and home with BYU.  Numerous South Carolina lawmakers are hammering the University and demanding answers as to why they took this action with zero evidence to back up the claims.

I have no idea if the claims are true.  But, it's sort of hard to swallow that in the day and age of non-stop cell phone video usage, plus the athletic department's wire to wire filming of the contest, claims of constant, repeated racial slurs, can't be corroborated.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: The Server is a Ni-BOOOONNNG
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 05:05:28 PM »
They said the server is near
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 08:15:09 PM »
Burden of proof is on the accuser. As you barristers are aware. She didn’t prove it. End of story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2022, 02:18:19 AM »
Feelings. It’s the victim democrat way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2022, 08:07:36 AM »
Feelings. It’s the victim democrat way.

They play right out of Alinsky's manual in that regard. Smoke n Mirrors, Feelings, Emotions, Slight of hand - that's all that matter. And dumb sheep fall for it daily.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
oldautiger,
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2022, 09:57:36 AM »
Here's the thing.  The claim by the player and her family was that it was happening multiple times.  If I'm at the match, and I see some guy, or a bunch of people hurling racial slurs at someone, even an old fart like me is going to whip out my phone and record, just so I can say "Look what this racist POS was doing."  Everyone would.  That's the way it is. Point being, if it happened, it's recorded.

But to my knowledge, none of that has surfaced to this point. If it does, different story. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2022, 11:05:58 AM »
Here's the thing.  The claim by the player and her family was that it was happening multiple times.  If I'm at the match, and I see some guy, or a bunch of people hurling racial slurs at someone, even an old fart like me is going to whip out my phone and record, just so I can say "Look what this racist POS was doing."  Everyone would.  That's the way it is. Point being, if it happened, it's recorded.

But to my knowledge, none of that has surfaced to this point. If it does, different story.

Right...some sort of proof to back up the claim. Some resemblence of evidence. Otherwise, its just words.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE