Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Putcher High School Foosballz Stuff Here

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Putcher High School Foosballz Stuff Here
« on: July 29, 2022, 11:15:29 AM »
Was just reading a piece on Auburn WR commit, Karmello English, out of GH's Central of Phenix City. Dude's gonna' be a goodun, BTW.  But I noticed the last line noted that Central opens up at home against Buzzies' Huskies.  Huge game right off the bat, but more importantly, the game is August 19th.  Exactly 3 weeks away from HS football. 

On a side note, why in the wide, wide world of sports would anyone be playing football in mid August? 

Down here, the Dothan Wolves will most likely suck again.  The only exciting thing about 7A football in this area is, they are totally renovating the stadium.  New locker rooms being completed, new astro-turf (I have no idea what they call that stuff these days), new scoreboard with a video screen, renovated parking lot etc.  At least the teams who come in to kick Dothan's ass will have a nice place to play.

Any scuttlebutt in your area?  Any big time recruits on your local teams?  That's kind of how me and my good time, football buddies decide what games to go to.

Speaking of football in general, I heard this morning that there will not be a Thursday night from here until season's end, without some type of football on the tube.  Daddy like.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Thou May Ingest A Satchel Of Richards

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Putcher High School Foosballz Stuff Here
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 08:29:14 AM »
It stays miserable from august up until about the last week of sept. Not sure it matters starting a few weeks later really.

My daughter has track practice at the same field central pc practices on at the hs. In April and May they were out there for spring practice. It honestly looked like a small college team. The size, speed and athleticism was off the charts. And this is a program I’ve followed for years. The oline looks 6’3-6’4 280-320 across the board.

Between central, auburn and Fairburn over in Georgia up 85 - there is no excuse not to be landing a good chunk of all of that collective talent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE