Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Putcher High School Foosballz Stuff Here

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Putcher High School Foosballz Stuff Here
« on: July 29, 2022, 11:15:29 AM »
Was just reading a piece on Auburn WR commit, Karmello English, out of GH's Central of Phenix City. Dude's gonna' be a goodun, BTW.  But I noticed the last line noted that Central opens up at home against Buzzies' Huskies.  Huge game right off the bat, but more importantly, the game is August 19th.  Exactly 3 weeks away from HS football. 

On a side note, why in the wide, wide world of sports would anyone be playing football in mid August? 

Down here, the Dothan Wolves will most likely suck again.  The only exciting thing about 7A football in this area is, they are totally renovating the stadium.  New locker rooms being completed, new astro-turf (I have no idea what they call that stuff these days), new scoreboard with a video screen, renovated parking lot etc.  At least the teams who come in to kick Dothan's ass will have a nice place to play.

Any scuttlebutt in your area?  Any big time recruits on your local teams?  That's kind of how me and my good time, football buddies decide what games to go to.

Speaking of football in general, I heard this morning that there will not be a Thursday night from here until season's end, without some type of football on the tube.  Daddy like.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Putcher High School Foosballz Stuff Here
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 08:29:14 AM »
It stays miserable from august up until about the last week of sept. Not sure it matters starting a few weeks later really.

My daughter has track practice at the same field central pc practices on at the hs. In April and May they were out there for spring practice. It honestly looked like a small college team. The size, speed and athleticism was off the charts. And this is a program I’ve followed for years. The oline looks 6’3-6’4 280-320 across the board.

Between central, auburn and Fairburn over in Georgia up 85 - there is no excuse not to be landing a good chunk of all of that collective talent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 02:41:57 PM »
I hit a couple of games last weekend.  Nothing to write home about on either one.  Tomorrow night, the racist Robert E. Lee Generals invade the newly refurbished Rip Hewes Stadium in Dothan, to take on the Wolves of Dothan High.  I will have my ass in the stands and boiled peanuts at the ready.

Last week, #1 Thompson, got that ass handed to em'.  38-7 loss to Buford out of Georgia.  GH's Central Satans took care of Buzz' HT Huskies. Auburn and Hoover hooked up at Cramton Bowl in The Gump, with the Tigers taking a narrow 17-14 most ripping victory.  Auburn travels to my neck of the woods tomorrow to take on Enterprise.

Anyone taking in a game this weekend?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 03:47:01 PM »
Our might Clements Colts of Limestone Co, AL defeated the Bucking Broncos of Holly Pond, AL. 

Our QB,/TE/RB/MLB/DE/ sometimes punter has a couple of offers for DII and has a few DIII teams talking to him.  I watched him at the "Lift-a-thon" fund raiser do three squats.  First one was 585, then 605 and lastly 635.  He benches close to 300lbs.  He is 6'0" and 222lbs.  He is a beast in my book.  He went 6-8, 215 yards and 2 TD's and had 141 yards on 15 carries for 2 TD's.  He is going to make UNA or someone like them a fine QB or LB one day.  As LB he had 11 tackles, 4 solo and 1 TFL.  Baseball is a different story, he is likely DI bound unless he sticks with FB.

Our WR/RB/QB/S/CB/P&KR (look, when you are barley 3A and will drop back down to 2 when they reclassify, you have to play iron man football) had one helluva night.  His a junior and is about in the same boat as far as scholly offers as our QB.  He caught 3 for 169 yds and 2 TD, rushed for 138 on 11 carries for 2 TD's, had 2 Ints and 10 tackles 4 solo. 

Now, the reason I listed them is because the QB's mom and Leslie teach 1st grade together and have for 16 years now.  We have enjoyed watching her son grow up.  He is a good mannered, polite young man.  Very active in his youth group, works with the JV and MS teams when he doesn't have to.  Just an all around good kid.

The WR was one of Leslie's favorite students.  Him and his family are poor but he puts in the work.  He works hard on his grades, he works hard at athletics and he is another good mannered, polite young man.  He also works with the younger kids and is always smiling.  Never has a bad day.  He is an amazing kid with an amazing attitude.  Thing is, he will probably get some academic scholarships too.  He invited Leslie to his basketball and baseball games when he was in 1st grade and we have been going to watch him play whatever sports he played ever since.  Never fails to come over to see us after the game to hug the wife and shake my hand. 

Proud of both those boys.  We've been around them their whole lives basically and treat them like our own. 

This week we play West Limestone of West Limestone Co, AL who is a tough ass region in 4A.  We will get smoked as we should. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 04:34:10 PM »
I hit a couple of games last weekend.  Nothing to write home about on either one.  Tomorrow night, the racist Robert E. Lee Generals invade the newly refurbished Rip Hewes Stadium in Dothan, to take on the Wolves of Dothan High.  I will have my ass in the stands and boiled peanuts at the ready.

Last week, #1 Thompson, got that ass handed to em'.  38-7 loss to Buford out of Georgia.  GH's Central Satans took care of Buzz' HT Huskies. Auburn and Hoover hooked up at Cramton Bowl in The Gump, with the Tigers taking a narrow 17-14 most ripping victory.  Auburn travels to my neck of the woods tomorrow to take on Enterprise.

Anyone taking in a game this weekend?

CHS vs Huskyfassstttt game was actually pretty close for a lot of it. There was def a size and speed difference. But Trussville seemed more fundamentally sound to me.

Thought English (AU Commit) def got the better of the Husky DB that is committed to Tenn.

Both good good teams. Worthy of being top 5.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2022, 05:02:02 PM »
CHS vs Huskyfassstttt game was actually pretty close for a lot of it. There was def a size and speed difference. But Trussville seemed more fundamentally sound to me.

Thought English (AU Commit) def got the better of the Husky DB that is committed to Tenn.

Both good good teams. Worthy of being top 5.
Hewitt gives me the same feeling playing in 7A with that offense that Auburn did playing in the SEC with it.  If they are fundamentally sound they might be pretty good this season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2022, 12:02:39 PM »
Took my boiled peanuts to see Dothan vs. Lee.  Dothan handled them with ease, winning 42-14.  Dothan runs the single wing, using direct snaps to the back about half the time.  Good size and a lot of speed on offense.  Defense, not so much.  Really small across the board, and any team that wants to line up and big boy them, won't have any trouble.

Lee, for GH's benefit since they're a Region team, unloads well.  That's about it.  Big, good looking athletes, but really undisciplined and poorly coached.  They might be lucky to win 2-3 games all year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2022, 02:01:00 PM »
Took my boiled peanuts to see Dothan vs. Lee.  Dothan handled them with ease, winning 42-14.  Dothan runs the single wing, using direct snaps to the back about half the time.  Good size and a lot of speed on offense.  Defense, not so much.  Really small across the board, and any team that wants to line up and big boy them, won't have any trouble.

Lee, for GH's benefit since they're a Region team, unloads well.  That's about it.  Big, good looking athletes, but really undisciplined and poorly coached.  They might be lucky to win 2-3 games all year.

That region is an Auburn - Central thing until I see otherwise anyway.

And to think Lee was the titz back in the 80s but I guess so was Valdosta. How times have changed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2022, 03:57:36 PM »
That region is an Auburn - Central thing until I see otherwise anyway.

And to think Lee was the titz back in the 80s but I guess so was Valdosta. How times have changed.

The unknowns right now are Opelika and Prattville.  Both undefeated so far, and have been skrong in the past.  Dothan is definitely not a player.  They get Auburn up there this weekend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2022, 06:19:09 PM »
The unknowns right now are Opelika and Prattville.  Both undefeated so far, and have been skrong in the past.  Dothan is definitely not a player.  They get Auburn up there this weekend.

The new rankings have not come out yet but here is how it looked coming into the weekend:

CLASS 7A
Team (first-place); W-L; Pts
1. Central-Phenix City (15); 1-0; 234
2. Auburn (1); 1-0; 183
3. Thompson (4); 0-1; 179
4. Fairhope (1); 1-0; 136
5. Hoover; 0-1; 109
6. Hewitt-Trussville; 0-1; 104
7. Enterprise; 1-0; 101
8. Opelika; 1-0; 62
9. James Clemens; 0-1; 35
10. Prattville; 1-0; 33
Others receiving votes: Oak Mountain (1-0) 7, Dothan (1-0)

Thompson got pantsed again by an unranked team so they will drop although the Bama press loves Thompson... Fairhope is the surprise to me. The rest of them are the usual top 10 7A fare. Best 4 right now are still CHS, Trussville, Auburn and Hoover, no offense to Fairhope.

Some swear Clay Chalkville in 6A is better than all of them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2022, 06:24:51 PM »
Not sure I call it murderer's row but Central pc has a pretty rough schedule the rest of the way other than Lee and maybe JD (no idea how good they are)...

enterprise - top 10
opelika - top 10
dothan - right outside top 10
IMG Miami (good lort) - 13th nationally, #3 in Florida
Auburn - #2 in 7A
Prattville - top 10
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 06:27:09 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2022, 01:22:52 PM »
Some swear Clay Chalkville in 6A is better than all of them.
You been talking to their PA guy? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2022, 01:29:08 PM »
You been talking to their PA guy?

Al.com
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2022, 01:59:00 AM »

PHS starting out well, but getting some lucky breaks. If they don’t gel quickly, it will be a long season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2022, 09:45:01 AM »
PHS starting out well, but getting some lucky breaks. If they don’t gel quickly, it will be a long season.

Its all just for 2nd place behind Thompson anyway according to Al.com
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2022, 03:01:55 PM »
AHSAA Rankings after Week3...sorry if you like teams below 3A, post them yourself.

Some notables this week:

- The fighting Kaoses from Fairhope have moved into the Number 3 spot. Rumor is K has paid an AHSAA voter to vote them number 1 and NOT Central PC.

- The fighting Buzzes of Huskyfastttt are still in the top 5, which I don't disagree with after seeing them in person.

- Thompson and Hoover will be ranked even if they have a losing record. Just pretend they are ND and Texas on the AL HS circuit.

- Auburn and Central are set for a showdown very soon. And Joe Frazier will lose that bet again with me for the 5th time the last 4 years. He swore Saturday it was those darn refs last November.

- Opelika - very interesting.

- CCT's fighting Ligers (pretty much my favorite animal) from Prattvegas somehow, someway....lost to local retard Smiths Station. Dude.. Lose to Auburn. Lose to Opelika. Lose to Trussville. But do not lose to Smiths. Yikes

- Montgomery Catholic is Number 1 in 4A and dominant. Why? How's about future Auburn RB Jeremiah Cobb. Thats why. The boy is good.

CLASS 7A

1. Central-Phenix City (19); 3-0; 237
2. Auburn; 3-0; 178
3. Fairhope (1); 3-0; 145
4. Hoover; 2-1; 126
5. Hewitt-Trussville; 2-1; 123
6. Thompson; 1-2; 116
7. Opelika; 3-0; 88
8. Bob Jones; 2-1; 40
9. Enterprise; 1-2; 25
10. Tuscaloosa County; 3-0; 17

CLASS 6A

1. Clay-Chalkville (20); 3-0; 240
2. Mountain Brook; 3-0; 176
3. Saraland; 3-0; 161
4. Hillcrest-Tuscaloosa; 3-0; 137
5. Theodore; 3-0; 105
6. Pinson Valley*; 1-1; 104
7. Briarwood; 2-1; 69
8. Gardendale; 2-1; 59
9. Hartselle; 3-0; 52
10. Spanish Fort; 2-1; 11

CLASS 5A

1. UMS-Wright (20); 3-0; 240
2. Pleasant Grove; 2-0; 171
3. Leeds; 3-0; 144
4. Gulf Shores; 3-0; 132
5. Guntersville; 3-0; 118
6. Ramsay; 2-1; 105
7. Moody; 3-0; 85
8. Vigor; 2-1; 63
9. Eufaula; 2-0; 44
10. Arab; 3-0; 21

CLASS 4A

1. Montgomery Catholic (15); 3-0; 219
2. Handley (4); 3-0; 184
3. Andalusia; 3-0; 158
4. Northside (1); 3-0; 137
5. Oneonta; 3-0; 115
6. Anniston; 3-0; 97
7. Jacksonville; 2-1; 80
8. Cherokee County; 3-0; 49
9. Montgomery Academy; 2-1; 48
10. Orange Beach; 1-0; 13

CLASS 3A

1. Piedmont (15); 1-1; 223
2. Mars Hill (3); 2-1; 168
3. St. James; 2-1; 136
4. Gordo (1); 2-1; 121
5. Opp; 2-1; 109
6. Mobile Christian; 2-1; 102
7. Winfield; 2-1; 81
8. Straughn; 2-0; 57
9. Alabama Christian; 1-1; 36
10. Houston Academy; 2-0; 20

« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 08:11:03 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2022, 03:19:09 PM »
Lucky us.  We get to travel to Mars Hill Friday night for some 3A Region 8 action!  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2022, 03:44:45 PM »
Auburn is home to Jeff Davis this weekend.  Shouldn't be much of a game, as JD is 1-2.

Central basically goes across town to face undefeated and 7th ranked Opelika.  We shall see if the Bulldogs have what it takes to run with the big pups.

Dothan heads up 231 to Montgomery, takes the Taylor Road exit, loops around to I-85 and proceeds through town, then merging on to I-65 north towards Birmingham.  Take the Millbrook/Prattville exit, then put the stadium address into the GPS so they can reach the stadium to play the Lions of Prattville.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2022, 08:10:02 PM »
Auburn is home to Jeff Davis this weekend.  Shouldn't be much of a game, as JD is 1-2.

Central basically goes across town to face undefeated and 7th ranked Opelika.  We shall see if the Bulldogs have what it takes to run with the big pups.

Dothan heads up 231 to Montgomery, takes the Taylor Road exit, loops around to I-85 and proceeds through town, then merging on to I-65 north towards Birmingham.  Take the Millbrook/Prattville exit, then put the stadium address into the GPS so they can reach the stadium to play the Lions of Prattville.

Prattville are the liontigers now. Moose out front shoulda told ya.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 08:12:32 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2022, 02:20:40 AM »
PHS at Smiff Station was a flag fest from what I heard.
Several TDs called back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.