Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Too Hot To Pray

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Too Hot To Pray
« on: July 07, 2022, 11:24:26 AM »
About 4 years ago, our Senior Pastor, Hays McKay, announced he had been diagnosed with cancer in several areas of his body.  Despite treatment, it's been a slow, steady decline for him, and all indications are that he's right at the end.  Our church organized a gathering at his home, to pray for him and his family.  There were a couple of hundred people on the front lawn and in the street.

Snagette and I had to walk about a quarter mile from where we parked.  By the time we got there, and had been with the group about 20 minutes, I turned and limped my sopping wet, big ass back to the Ford F-150 for some much needed AC. 

I sweat.  It was 7:00 p.m. and there wasn't a dry inch on my body.  The State birds (gnats) were out in full force, and more than happy to add to the miserable conditions.  I felt bad because I couldn't concentrate on the reason I was there.

I genuinely feel for anyone who has to work out in this mess. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Too Hot To Pray
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 02:27:50 PM »
About 4 years ago, our Senior Pastor, Hays McKay, announced he had been diagnosed with cancer in several areas of his body.  Despite treatment, it's been a slow, steady decline for him, and all indications are that he's right at the end.  Our church organized a gathering at his home, to pray for him and his family.  There were a couple of hundred people on the front lawn and in the street.

Snagette and I had to walk about a quarter mile from where we parked.  By the time we got there, and had been with the group about 20 minutes, I turned and limped my sopping wet, big ass back to the Ford F-150 for some much needed AC. 

I sweat.  It was 7:00 p.m. and there wasn't a dry inch on my body.  The State birds (gnats) were out in full force, and more than happy to add to the miserable conditions.  I felt bad because I couldn't concentrate on the reason I was there.

I genuinely feel for anyone who has to work out in this mess.

I do my own yard work and landscaping duties weekly and its enough to make me respect those who do it 10 hours a day. I can deal with it better than most just from my younger days having ran/raced many miles in the heat a lot. That conditioning stayed with me into my 40s but even then - I would never ever want to do it all day, every day as a living. Hell no.

When I see those Mexican and Guatemalan dudes out there slinging straw or roofing a house in this shit....mad respect because that is tough tough work. Most people cannot, do not and WILL not do it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 02:54:29 PM »
I do my own yard work and landscaping duties weekly and its enough to make me respect those who do it 10 hours a day. I can deal with it better than most just from my younger days having ran/raced many miles in the heat a lot. That conditioning stayed with me into my 40s but even then - I would never ever want to do it all day, every day as a living. Hell no.

When I see those Mexican and Guatemalan dudes out there slinging straw or roofing a house in this shit....mad respect because that is tough tough work. Most people cannot, do not and WILL not do it.

Yeah, when I'm doing the yard projects, I will stop every 10-15 minutes, head to the garage, where it's 20 degrees cooler, and just sit and chug water for about 5 minutes. 

I was talking to a friend of mine last night that said he wound up in the ER the week before.  He said he was doing some digging in the yard on a plumbing issue, stood straight up and said the last he saw was a bunch of blue stars in front of his face.

This heat is a bizzitch!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2022, 03:54:11 PM »
Not that hot on the beach…
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 03:58:56 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2022, 09:39:03 AM »
Not that hot on the beach…

Who the hell is that?

And the hell you say.....more humid there than Middle/South AL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2022, 12:38:04 PM »
Who the hell is that?

And the hell you say.....more humid there than Middle/South AL.

Always a breeze brother...always a breeze.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2022, 01:20:16 PM »
Always a breeze brother...always a breeze.

When in Florida in July, I sweat in places I didnt know I could.

Drink a cold one or 3 of Landshark for Snags. I will be in Pensacola Beach week after next. I am gonna get K to come from one direction and Wes from the other direction, and make them have a 2 hour no holds barred debate on the sand. Weapons will be my choosing. No rules.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 12:45:01 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2022, 02:51:42 PM »
When in Florida in July, I sweat in places I didnt I could.

Drink a cold one or 3 of Landshark for Snags. I will be in Pensacola Beach week after next. I am gonna get K to come from one direction and Wes from the other direction, and make them have a 2 hour no holds barred debate on the sand. Weapons will be my choosing. No rules.

I don't like sand. 

Also, I see the water around Pensacola is full of shit.  Looks like wes has already been there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2022, 12:45:30 PM »
I don't like sand. 

Also, I see the water around Pensacola is full of shit.  Looks like wes has already been there.

:poke:

:popcorn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE