Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Harboob is Officially D.E.A.D

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Harboob is Officially D.E.A.D
« on: July 21, 2022, 11:32:44 AM »
Bryan Hardloin had an opportunity at SEC Media Days to reshape the narrative, take control of the message and try to generate positive momentum going forward. 

Instead, this ASSHOLE decides to veer off into a rehash of his (and our) fuckups from February. 

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2022/07/bryan-harsin-addresses-auburn-inquiry-for-the-last-time.html

I don't care what wes says or others hope. This is final, conclusive, definitive evidence that this experiment is over. 

Fire him today. Throw the switch. Get it fucking over with.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 11:34:39 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Harboob is Officially D.E.A.D
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 12:06:22 PM »
Bryan Hardloin had an opportunity at SEC Media Days to reshape the narrative, take control of the message and try to generate positive momentum going forward. 

Instead, this ASSHOLE decides to veer off into a rehash of his (and our) fuckups from February. 

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2022/07/bryan-harsin-addresses-auburn-inquiry-for-the-last-time.html

I don't care what wes says or others hope. This is final, conclusive, definitive evidence that this experiment is over. 

Fire him today. Throw the switch. Get it fucking over with.

I know it was going to be asked so I get the thinking of going ahead and getting it out of the way. Its the elephant in the room BUT......I thought his messaging could have been much much more positive and fwd thinking. Instead it looked juvenile with low blows.

something to the effect of what would have been a great opening line to address it:

"I will go ahead and address what I know several of you are already going to ask...about the inquiry from Feb. I was asked to sit down and discuss some concerns surrounding our program. I listened to those concerns. But a few fringe internet trolls took this opportunity to pile on some BS personal garbage rumors which made me angry. But at the end of the day, President Gogue/Roberts, AD Greene, BOT and myself all arrived to the same conclusion that we want what is best for our program moving forward, and they have assured me that I have their full endorsement. That we want to build something special here. The inquiry was tough but it is now over and in the past which is where we want it to stay. Thats the last I will comment on it. so that's that....Ok, onto some summer OTAs and football news...."

But he didnt. There were also some other thinly veiled jabs throughout the "speech" that we could have done without.

Anyway.....

Few bright spots I heard about was:

Calzada looks good
Koy Moore is a stud already
Anders Carlson is 100%

And Harsin's recruiting strategy is "Watch".

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 12:13:35 PM »
Could have been spun better, but yes, he had to go ahead and address it, because that may have been 90% of the whole line of questioning if he didn't.  I know that leading up to it, every sports talking head was asking how he would handle those questions.

He also made a fairly positive comment about the O-line, saying they're much bigger and stronger.  This may wind up being a pretty solid group.  So much experience playing together, and a couple of years in Pitman's program.  Not great.  Not All-SEC, but solid.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 12:18:19 PM »
Watching Auburn Athletics operate is the best reality show not on broadcast. We keep steering into these absolutely doofuses to run the football program.

Bowden
Tubs
Chiz
Guster
Hardon

All of them various levels of misguided ego maniac after another.

Meanwhile, every other sport, from basketball to fucking horse walking, we hire STUD ego maniacs and dominate.

It's akin to doing all the homework, making 95 on the quizzes, then making a 47 on every test.

:huh:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2022, 12:20:17 PM »
Could have been spun better, but yes, he had to go ahead and address it, because that may have been 90% of the whole line of questioning if he didn't.  I know that leading up to it, every sports talking head was asking how he would handle those questions.

He also made a fairly positive comment about the O-line, saying they're much bigger and stronger.  This may wind up being a pretty solid group.  So much experience playing together, and a couple of years in Pitman's program.  Not great.  Not All-SEC, but solid.   

One thing is certain I got from his whole spiel......he is all in on his product on the field this fall and hes banking on it entirely to turn around the recruiting. He talked about that a LOT.

Honestly? I hope it does. I do not want Auburn to fail. I never want us to lose really. I'd love to eat crow on my criticisms of it all this summer. But its obvious that this is an all in bet he is making this fall. He went more into detail on that than anything else.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2022, 12:23:03 PM »
Watching Auburn Athletics operate is the best reality show not on broadcast. We keep steering into these absolutely doofuses to run the football program.

Bowden
Tubs
Chiz
Guster
Hardon

All of them various levels of misguided ego maniac after another.

Meanwhile, every other sport, from basketball to fucking horse walking, we hire STUD ego maniacs and dominate.

It's akin to doing all the homework, making 95 on the quizzes, then making a 47 on every test.

:huh:

that's the sad part...almost every other sport on campus is slaying hard (roundball, horses, gym, golf, tennis, beisbolz, etc), or is on the cusp of it (swimming, track, softball, women's bball). Football is neither right now. I would love it to get there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2022, 12:27:31 PM »
that's the sad part...almost every other sport on campus is slaying hard (roundball, horses, gym, golf, tennis, beisbolz, etc), or is on the cusp of it (swimming, track, softball, women's bball). Football is neither right now. I would love it to get there.

Exactly. That's what is baffling to me. Clearly, athletic leadership knows how to get the other sports rolling. Why is football such a FEAST or FAMINE business with us?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2022, 12:49:06 PM »
One thing is certain I got from his whole spiel......he is all in on his product on the field this fall and hes banking on it entirely to turn around the recruiting. He talked about that a LOT.

Honestly? I hope it does. I do not want Auburn to fail. I never want us to lose really. I'd love to eat crow on my criticisms of it all this summer. But its obvious that this is an all in bet he is making this fall. He went more into detail on that than anything else.

I'm gonna quit saying it because I don't want it to happen and it's depressing to me. 

I don't care what he's "all in" on.  He doesn't understand what it takes and he never will.  Too often, he's going to be standing there on the sidelines with a "goofy gus" expression on his face, not understanding why he's being served a shit sandwich. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2022, 11:41:55 AM »
This quote from Byron Hackman yesterday:

There was an inquiry," Harsin said. "It was uncomfortable. It was unfounded. It presented an opportunity for people to personally attack me, my family and also our program. And it didn't work."

This sounds totally unrelated to foosballz.  The dude got a collective D on his first year report card, IMO.  No need to go into all of the particulars.  But, I am on record as saying if the same shit is going on this time next year, they really have to question whether or not they hired the right guy.  But the powers that be decided to investigate.

The fact that either they announced it, or let it slip, that they were opening an investigation, was soooo JABA.  They opened themselves up to needless ridicule that's still going on today.  Even yesterday, Finebaum was opening his show by singling out Yellow Fella, and saying his silence makes him look guilty in all this.  By the way, Paaawwwwl, that's a lie.  Rane did do an interview and said he has nothing to do with it.  But, back to that statement by Hairpin.

What that says to me, is that it had very little to do with his first year performance, and everything to do with the interweb rumors he was giving the Bryan Hard-one to that young girl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2022, 12:01:55 PM »
This quote from Byron Hackman yesterday:

There was an inquiry," Harsin said. "It was uncomfortable. It was unfounded. It presented an opportunity for people to personally attack me, my family and also our program. And it didn't work."

This sounds totally unrelated to foosballz.  The dude got a collective D on his first year report card, IMO.  No need to go into all of the particulars.  But, I am on record as saying if the same shit is going on this time next year, they really have to question whether or not they hired the right guy.  But the powers that be decided to investigate.

The fact that either they announced it, or let it slip, that they were opening an investigation, was soooo JABA.  They opened themselves up to needless ridicule that's still going on today.  Even yesterday, Finebaum was opening his show by singling out Yellow Fella, and saying his silence makes him look guilty in all this.  By the way, Paaawwwwl, that's a lie.  Rane did do an interview and said he has nothing to do with it.  But, back to that statement by Hairpin.

What that says to me, is that it had very little to do with his first year performance, and everything to do with the interweb rumors he was giving the Bryan Hard-one to that young girl.

Could you post a few pics of her for old time's sake? 

Please?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2022, 12:41:28 PM »
Could you post a few pics of her for old time's sake? 

Please?

She no longer works at Auburn by the way. Not sure she had much choice.

Few things in relation to this though that seem to be misunderstood or unproven:

1. Mastermind Yella Fella Rane was behind it all - No...no he wasn't. Nor was he behind the Steele plan when Gus was fired. Rane is a pie in the sky Booster. It was another group of boosters who wanted Steele. Rane wanted Stoops back in 18/19 (long shot) and Rane had an erection for Houston Dale Nutt at one point as well (also was never gonna happen). There were also no boosters involved in this investigation that anyone has seen. This was purely a BOT/Gogue thing based off pieces of info coming from ex players, ex coaches and one current coach. Period. They HAD to investigate it. As far as it going public? No one really knows how that happened. Some think it was the whistleblowers. Some think it was Harsin himself via Pete Thamel. Some think someone rogue inside the complex....But it was not Auburn University who wanted this to leak out. They did what they had to do, and cleared the guy as unsubstantiated as some of the claims were. Due diligence was done.

2. The Admin Rumor - message board started fodder that could have been really damaging to the guy and his family. Yeah, she was hot, I get it. But that was over the line for that stuff to catch fire like it did. Also not something any booster or University brass did.

3. Harsin was mad...I get it. Mainly about the admin rumors. He's directing a lot of blanket anger across the board. The AD and President are still his bosses. Hes gotta let this go. Its very obvious he has not and hes got an axe to grind. Hes also gonna have to cozy up some to the money folks and legacy fans more if this is going to turn around ever. Its what BP has that Harsin has NOT. Relationships on Campus, with the money folks, with the fans, with HS Coaches, attending events that seem meaningless on the surface, NIL, Recruiting - it all ties together. Ask Bruce Pearl how. He gets it. Hes done all of this, and you see the product. Some of this wasn't Harsin's fault. He was given a shit sandwich when he got here and he didnt ask for that inquiry in Feb. But at the same time hes done very little to help himself in many aspects - mainly the above. Hes got to put the total package together and do many of the things BP has done fostering these relationships across the board and giving NIL a fighting chance to succeed.

4. He actually has his strengths. Hes a solid leader and I think hes a very good on field coach. Last years SC and MSU debacles were bad bad bad. But I lay a lot of that at the feet of Mike furking Bobo and Derrick Mason (I think hes still rushing 3 as of an hour ago...). But the buck stops with him. He has his guys in there now. No Corn, Bobo, Mason to scapegoat now. His players seem to like him. Hes a natural leader/alpha when you hear him talk. His chat on SECN with Takeo and cutie Alyssa Lang was much better to me than his Media Days speech.Ive seen practice footage of him motivating and teaching technique and concept. He knows what he is doing. But its going to be useless without the things in bullet point number 3 above. Ive never doubted that the guy can coach though.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 12:47:08 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2022, 01:06:40 PM »
She no longer works at Auburn by the way. Not sure she had much choice.

Few things in relation to this though that seem to be misunderstood or unproven:

1. Mastermind Yella Fella Rane was behind it all - No...no he wasn't. Nor was he behind the Steele plan when Gus was fired. Rane is a pie in the sky Booster. It was another group of boosters who wanted Steele. Rane wanted Stoops back in 18/19 (long shot) and Rane had an erection for Houston Dale Nutt at one point as well (also was never gonna happen). There were also no boosters involved in this investigation that anyone has seen. This was purely a BOT/Gogue thing based off pieces of info coming from ex players, ex coaches and one current coach. Period. They HAD to investigate it. As far as it going public? No one really knows how that happened. Some think it was the whistleblowers. Some think it was Harsin himself via Pete Thamel. Some think someone rogue inside the complex....But it was not Auburn University who wanted this to leak out. They did what they had to do, and cleared the guy as unsubstantiated as some of the claims were. Due diligence was done.

2. The Admin Rumor - message board started fodder that could have been really damaging to the guy and his family. Yeah, she was hot, I get it. But that was over the line for that stuff to catch fire like it did. Also not something any booster or University brass did.

3. Harsin was mad...I get it. Mainly about the admin rumors. He's directing a lot of blanket anger across the board. The AD and President are still his bosses. Hes gotta let this go. Its very obvious he has not and hes got an axe to grind. Hes also gonna have to cozy up some to the money folks and legacy fans more if this is going to turn around ever. Its what BP has that Harsin has NOT. Relationships on Campus, with the money folks, with the fans, with HS Coaches, attending events that seem meaningless on the surface, NIL, Recruiting - it all ties together. Ask Bruce Pearl how. He gets it. Hes done all of this, and you see the product. Some of this wasn't Harsin's fault. He was given a shit sandwich when he got here and he didnt ask for that inquiry in Feb. But at the same time hes done very little to help himself in many aspects - mainly the above. Hes got to put the total package together and do many of the things BP has done fostering these relationships across the board and giving NIL a fighting chance to succeed.

4. He actually has his strengths. Hes a solid leader and I think hes a very good on field coach. Last years SC and MSU debacles were bad bad bad. But I lay a lot of that at the feet of Mike furking Bobo and Derrick Mason (I think hes still rushing 3 as of an hour ago...). But the buck stops with him. He has his guys in there now. No Corn, Bobo, Mason to scapegoat now. His players seem to like him. Hes a natural leader/alpha when you hear him talk. His chat on SECN with Takeo and cutie Alyssa Lang was much better to me than his Media Days speech.Ive seen practice footage of him motivating and teaching technique and concept. He knows what he is doing. But its going to be useless without the things in bullet point number 3 above. Ive never doubted that the guy can coach though.

None of those things are pictures.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2022, 09:32:27 PM »
None of those things are pictures.

Sent in dm
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2022, 09:58:25 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2022, 11:19:06 PM »
You lost me when you implied Alyssa Lang is a cutie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2022, 07:31:10 AM »
You lost me when you implied Alyssa Lang is a cutie.

Imma have to go all Wes all yalls asses and start calling you ouldes liars for pretending like you picky with girls that are better looking than any of us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2022, 11:02:43 PM »
Imma have to go all Wes all yalls asses and start calling you ouldes liars for pretending like you picky with girls that are better looking than any of us.

After a certain age, youth makes some women look better.
At a younger age, I would not have given her a second look…Well, before 2AM anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2022, 01:41:01 PM »
I only go after older women.  I need someone who can spot the signs of a stroke.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2022, 01:51:01 PM »
I only go after older women.  I need someone who can spot the signs of a stroke.

Agreed. They need to know that they need to know their effort is not satisfactory if they see me stroking myself. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2022, 10:57:40 AM »
girls that are better looking than any of us.

That narrows the field down quite a bit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.