Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Another Mass Killing

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Another Mass Killing
« on: May 25, 2022, 10:23:28 AM »
By now, of course everyone has heard about the shooting at an Elementary School in Texas yesterday, taking the lives of 19 children and 2 teachers. It's become another in a long line of episodes where someone decides to take the lives of as many random, innocent victims as possible.  Just another thing in our world that I can't, as they say, wrap my mind around. Why someone chooses to take out a bunch of people, much less, kids they don't know, because of something going wrong in their lives, or some form of mental illness.  Why is that so often the choice they make?

As far as schools go, I think it's long past time to put armed security guards in every school.  Do a quick search of school shootings in the U.S.  There won't be anything quick about it, because the numbers are staggering.  Mind blowing!  I understand full well that shootings occur in a ll settings, not just schools.  But schools are where millions upon millions of kids are congregated for 3/4 or more of the year, and are an easy target for anyone wanting to carry out this kind of horrific act.  We've had an armed guard at our church for quite a few years.  Why not schools?  Because of cost?  I am in no way trying to politicize this, but as several have said on the media coverage of this incident, if we can send hundreds of billions to Ukraine in such a short period of time, I believe we can take care of our own with some of that money.

Now for gun control.  Won't work.  I think some tweaking of our laws regarding background checks and restrictions on purchasing certain weapons for certain people are always in order.  But here's the bottom line.  There are too many millions of guns, of all types, already in people's hands.  Regardless of any laws put in place, anyone can get a gun if they try hard enough. And if you take away the guns, then what?  If someone wants to take out a bunch of people, they will find a way.  I think we see that on almost a daily basis.  People are being attacked with machetes, with homemade bombs, with vehicles plowing into a crowd, hell, with planes flying into a building. You don't need a gun to kill someone.

I don't know what the solutions are, but this is getting old.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Another Mass Killing
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 12:31:53 PM »
By now, of course everyone has heard about the shooting at an Elementary School in Texas yesterday, taking the lives of 19 children and 2 teachers. It's become another in a long line of episodes where someone decides to take the lives of as many random, innocent victims as possible.  Just another thing in our world that I can't, as they say, wrap my mind around. Why someone chooses to take out a bunch of people, much less, kids they don't know, because of something going wrong in their lives, or some form of mental illness.  Why is that so often the choice they make?

As far as schools go, I think it's long past time to put armed security guards in every school.  Do a quick search of school shootings in the U.S.  There won't be anything quick about it, because the numbers are staggering.  Mind blowing!  I understand full well that shootings occur in a ll settings, not just schools.  But schools are where millions upon millions of kids are congregated for 3/4 or more of the year, and are an easy target for anyone wanting to carry out this kind of horrific act.  We've had an armed guard at our church for quite a few years.  Why not schools?  Because of cost?  I am in no way trying to politicize this, but as several have said on the media coverage of this incident, if we can send hundreds of billions to Ukraine in such a short period of time, I believe we can take care of our own with some of that money.

Now for gun control.  Won't work.  I think some tweaking of our laws regarding background checks and restrictions on purchasing certain weapons for certain people are always in order.  But here's the bottom line.  There are too many millions of guns, of all types, already in people's hands.  Regardless of any laws put in place, anyone can get a gun if they try hard enough. And if you take away the guns, then what?  If someone wants to take out a bunch of people, they will find a way.  I think we see that on almost a daily basis.  People are being attacked with machetes, with homemade bombs, with vehicles plowing into a crowd, hell, with planes flying into a building. You don't need a gun to kill someone.

I don't know what the solutions are, but this is getting old.   

We dug deep into the background of the shooter in Buffalo. 

Think there will be any digging into this kid?  Sailor moon dresses and pigtails.  Obviously tortured by all this fucked up “change your gender” shit.  You’re not finding it anywhere in the mainstream.

Buffalo?  He was RACIST!
Texas? We’ll never know what motivated him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2022, 02:15:35 PM »
We dug deep into the background of the shooter in Buffalo. 

Think there will be any digging into this kid?  Sailor moon dresses and pigtails.  Obviously tortured by all this fucked up “change your gender” shit.  You’re not finding it anywhere in the mainstream.

Buffalo?  He was RACIST!
Texas? We’ll never know what motivated him.
Buffalo:  "ANGRY WHITE MEN!!!"
Texas: "Too easy to get guns!!!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2022, 04:34:47 PM »

In the immortal words of Snoop ?
Man, fuck then hoes

I honestly believe we are fast approaching critical mass. My own sister refuses to talk with me because I voted for Trump.  2016 she could forgive because I was ignorant.  2020? Sorry I knew what he was and still voted for him.

We are divided to the point there is no middle ground.  We aren’t all going to get together and compromise and then have a drink together after.  It’s us and them.   No middle ground. 

Maybe that’s ok. Maybe it’s necessary.   

Everything we predicted and were mocked for thinking has come true.  And worse.  “Just let them marry” has screamed downhill into fucking morons wearing dresses in leadership positions.  Children being allowed to cut their own dicks off and sew up their pussies. Pedos as president and grooming children is the norm.

This shooter kid was fucked up as a fruit bat.  Instead of getting him help we celebrated his diversity.  Man…..   we will deserve the whirlwind we reap. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2022, 05:57:16 PM »
If we can print 40 billion dollars to arm Ukraine, we can find some money to have 2 armed deputies or officers in every school. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,GH2001,Ogre,
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2022, 06:44:28 PM »
A gun isn’t the root cause. It’s merely the weapon of choice. Address the root cause. K detailed it out more. And before that-  it was other types of moral decay and neglect with youth. We screw their heads up. We dope them up. We let them think up is down and left is right. We don’t hold them accountable. We don’t punish them. All during their brains most critical developmental period. And we act shocked when they snap one day and send “thoughts and prayers” and put “this must stop” on repeat while we scream about guns. Society is at a tipping point right now. It’s scary.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2022, 11:09:18 PM »
I still want to know how he got into the school. Every school I have been to has locked doors.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2022, 12:11:17 PM »
I still want to know how he got into the school. Every school I have been to has locked doors.

Same here.  My kids are grown, but even way back when they were in elementary school, the doors were locked and you had to identify yourself over the intercom. Cameras as well.

On another note, last night I was watching the opening ceremonies of the NBA playoff game between the Celtics and Heat, from Miami. Yeah, I know, but I actually watch pro sports after the BLM BS.  The PA announcer has a moment of silence for the shooting victims.  Then.....he says call Senator Whatever His Name Was at 201-...gave the number, and said call and DEMAND they pass common sense gun laws.  Are you kidding me?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2022, 04:50:34 PM »

^^^^this^^^^

Never a mention of mental health.
Look up,security for MSA palmetto FL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2022, 09:58:29 AM »
So, I turn on the news this morning, and see another shooting. This time, outside a church in Iowa and two young ladies are the victims.  A couple of days ago, it was a hospital where a guy had back surgery, but was still in pain.  He hunts down the doctor who did the surgery and blows him others away in the process. 

I know we hear of places like Chicago and New York and Philadelphia, where the shootings rack up like a pinball machine dinging. But this shit is getting to be a daily occurrence.  Schools, churches, hospitals, grocery stores etc.  There's no ignoring it anymore.  We have a major problem in this country.

But, what's the solution?  Is there one?  I'm afraid there's not.  Since the Uvalde massacre, we've seen a huge outcry for our government to DO SOMETHING. I've heard two national sports talk shows devote a day solely to the topic of what can be done about gun violence. 

You can ban the sale of "assault rifles".  You can make it 100X harder to buy a gun through increased restrictions and more thorough background checks.  All the things that have been proposed and tossed around in the past.  But what have you really done?  Pretty much nothing.  I heard a stat the other day that said there are more than 400 million guns in private ownership alone.  I think that's conservative.  Bottom line, though....make all the restrictions you want.  If somebody wants a gun, they'll get a gun.

Somebody posted a meme on the bookfaces the other day, that showed an old truck with a full gun rack in the back window.  The caption was that this is what our school parking lot looked like back in my day. It's true!  And nobody was grabbing one of those guns and shooting up the school.

What's changed?  I don't have answers.  I just know this world has gone fucking crazy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2022, 01:17:33 PM »
What's changed?  I don't have answers.  I just know this world has gone fucking crazy.

General lack of morals in the country.  But no one wants to address that.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2022, 02:29:29 PM »
Mostly too busy planning all the Pride celebrations.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2022, 02:34:20 PM »

Agreed.  The scary thing is the total disregard for human life.  I'm pissed.  I'm fucked up in the head.  Therefore, I'm going to take out as many innocent people as I can.  Hey, maybe a bunch of children.

And again, it's not the occasional loon, this is becoming a daily occurrence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2022, 04:23:41 PM »
Some of it is the non-stop news cycle (you hear more about it than you would hate 30 years ago so it seems more prevalent).  Some of it is social media. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2022, 08:36:43 PM »

That ^^

And it’s because that takes accountability and looking in the mirror. And society has been told nothing is their fault. Ever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2022, 02:19:23 AM »
Agreed.  The scary thing is the total disregard for human life.  I'm pissed.  I'm fucked up in the head.  Therefore, I'm going to take out as many innocent people as I can.  Hey, maybe a bunch of children.

And again, it's not the occasional loon, this is becoming a daily occurrence.

Until an armed society starts dropping these whackos like flies, it will be an option for them
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
GH2001,
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

bgreene

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2022, 05:12:07 PM »
Shooting at Walnut Park School: Here's what we know
Donna Thornton
The Gadsden Times
View Comments

An intruder tried to get into Walnut Park Elementary School Thursday morning in the Alabama City area of Gadsden.

Suspicious circumstances

Etowah County Sheriff Jonathon Horton said someone passing the school saw someone trying to get into cars or into the school and thought it didn’t look right. A non-emergency call was made to Attalla police.

A Rainbow City police officer was stationed at the school as an SRO. He came out and confronted the suspect and a scuffle ensued. Calls had been made to 911; no one has detailed how quickly other officers arrived, but Horton said the incident was over within 10 minutes.

Police were on the scene Thursday morning following an officer-involved shooting outside Walnut Park Elementary School.
Suspect shot, officer injured

The suspect was fatally shot and the officer was taken to a hospital for treatment of what are thought to be minor injuries from the altercation.

District Attorney Jody Willoughby said the man was not armed, but he tried to get the officer’s weapon during the altercation.

Gadsden City Schools Superintendent Tony Reddick said there were 34 elementary school students at the school in a Summer Literacy Camp. City of Gadsden officials said there were 22 students from a Parks and Recreation camp on campus as well.

The intruder never made it into the school. Reddick, Horton and Willoughby praised the school staff for having all doors locked, and the SRO and responding officers for their quick actions.

Coroner London Pearce identified the deceased as Robert Tyler White, 32. He said the man lived in the Gadsden area; however, a news release Thursday afternoon from the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency listed him as being from Bunnlevel, North Carolina.

https://www.gadsdentimes.com/story/news/2022/06/09/gadsden-school-shooting-what-we-know/7570712001/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2022, 06:54:37 PM »
Shooting at Walnut Park School: Here's what we know
Donna Thornton
The Gadsden Times
View Comments

An intruder tried to get into Walnut Park Elementary School Thursday morning in the Alabama City area of Gadsden.

Suspicious circumstances

Etowah County Sheriff Jonathon Horton said someone passing the school saw someone trying to get into cars or into the school and thought it didn’t look right. A non-emergency call was made to Attalla police.

A Rainbow City police officer was stationed at the school as an SRO. He came out and confronted the suspect and a scuffle ensued. Calls had been made to 911; no one has detailed how quickly other officers arrived, but Horton said the incident was over within 10 minutes.

Police were on the scene Thursday morning following an officer-involved shooting outside Walnut Park Elementary School.
Suspect shot, officer injured

The suspect was fatally shot and the officer was taken to a hospital for treatment of what are thought to be minor injuries from the altercation.

District Attorney Jody Willoughby said the man was not armed, but he tried to get the officer’s weapon during the altercation.

Gadsden City Schools Superintendent Tony Reddick said there were 34 elementary school students at the school in a Summer Literacy Camp. City of Gadsden officials said there were 22 students from a Parks and Recreation camp on campus as well.

The intruder never made it into the school. Reddick, Horton and Willoughby praised the school staff for having all doors locked, and the SRO and responding officers for their quick actions.

Coroner London Pearce identified the deceased as Robert Tyler White, 32. He said the man lived in the Gadsden area; however, a news release Thursday afternoon from the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency listed him as being from Bunnlevel, North Carolina.

https://www.gadsdentimes.com/story/news/2022/06/09/gadsden-school-shooting-what-we-know/7570712001/

Hell. Yeah. A win there. Arming people in and around school and locking the schools will do the trick. No two ways about it. Always love to see a bad guy get dropped. Good riddance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2022, 01:31:37 AM »
Hell. Yeah. A win there. Arming people in and around school and locking the schools will do the trick. No two ways about it. Always love to see a bad guy get dropped. Good riddance.

I like that there were armed resistance, however, the media is making it out as thought the guy was trying get into the school for nefarious reasons. Reports say he was in the parking lot checking car doors. Sounds more like a tweaked looking for something to steal. However, it is also a great example of how locked doors work. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2022, 07:52:36 AM »
The car door he was checking was the marked patrol car in the front of the school. Then he tried to force his way into the school.

He assaulted the school officer who stopped him from entering the building, he attempted for nearly 2 minutes to take his gun, force continuum was followed from bottom to top.

Whatever the intentions is now a conversation between he and his maker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions