Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Cruitin'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Cruitin'
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2022, 09:24:09 PM »
Holy shit...Little Joe?

That be him. Saw him last year at one of the games hanging by the grill. Looked him eye to eye height wise but that boy was broad. Shaped like a bowling ball. Not sure how good he is but…it’s pretty cool seeing his name.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2022, 09:45:03 AM »
Co Havrinz will have 4* Edge Rusher, Keldrick Faulk, on campus for an official this weekend.  Big target for the good guys.  6'5" 240 out of Highland Home.  Has an offer from all the big playas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2022, 10:44:43 AM »
Co Havrinz will have 4* Edge Rusher, Keldrick Faulk, on campus for an official this weekend.  Big target for the good guys.  6'5" 240 out of Highland Home.  Has an offer from all the big playas.

So you're saying when we land him and we do teh hights and waitz next summer, he will be 6'3 213?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2022, 10:59:09 AM »
So you're saying when we land him and we do teh hights and waitz next summer, he will be 6'3 213?

He's no Dylan Brooks
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2022, 12:51:18 PM »
He's no Dylan Brooks

more like Da'Ryqeezaial McEldernursinghomeberry
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2022, 01:11:43 PM »
Or 6'8 310
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2022, 02:10:39 PM »
from Bleacher Report

On Sunday, 2023 defensive lineman Anthony James II announced that he would be visiting the Plains from June 17-19 via his Twitter account. It will be his first trip to the Plains since receiving an offer from the coaching staff in May of this year.

James II is regarded as a four-star according to 247Sports’ recruiting rankings. He is listed at 6-foot-5 and 245 pounds. The Texas native is ranked as the No. 54 recruit in the 2024 recruiting class by 247Sports. Interestingly enough, James II was committed to Texas A&M before de-committing in May. He is slated to now visit Auburn (June 17th-19th) and Washington (June 24th). He previously took a visit to Utah on June 3rd.

If James II still aspires to play in the SEC, one would have to like the Tigers’ chances of landing him. His size is reminiscent of current Auburn defensive lineman Colby Wooden who is 6-foot-3 and 245 pounds. His role could also be similar to Wooden, in the fact that he can play inside or outside. James II is a priority target for the coaching staff and would certainly be welcomed with open arms. If the visit goes well, the Tigers will likely become the frontrunner in his recruitment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2022, 04:29:22 PM »
Cruitin’ gurus, what’s the deal with Arch Manning?  I’ve heard more hype around his recruitment than anyone I can recall in quite some time.  Granted, he comes from an impressive QB bloodline, and just the name alone, will garner a lot of attention. But, is this guy all that and a bag of Crunchy Cheetos?  (Crunchy Cheetos are a weakness)

I look at a lot of Max Preps for high school player info.  Unfortunately, they hit one of my pet peeves right on the nail.  His bio says he’s 6’2” 170.  The Max Preps roster for Newman High School says he’s 6’4” 215.  Sorry, that’s two different people.  Anyway, a look at his stats is a head scratcher.  Solid numbers, nothing eye popping by any stretch.  If you compare his numbers to the HS numbers of Bo Nix, you’d think this was Tom Freakin’ Brady vs. Kadril Frazier.  You look at some of his film, and there’s a whole lot of slow white kids running around the field.

Granted, he looks the part on film, and the people evaluating him know a hell of a lot more than I do.  But, I’m trying to figure out what, besides his name, is making this guy the shiznit of the recruiting world. He’ll probably win the Heisman as a freshman, just because I’m questioning him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2022, 07:02:00 PM »
Cruitin’ gurus, what’s the deal with Arch Manning?  I’ve heard more hype around his recruitment than anyone I can recall in quite some time.  Granted, he comes from an impressive QB bloodline, and just the name alone, will garner a lot of attention. But, is this guy all that and a bag of Crunchy Cheetos?  (Crunchy Cheetos are a weakness)

I look at a lot of Max Preps for high school player info.  Unfortunately, they hit one of my pet peeves right on the nail.  His bio says he’s 6’2” 170.  The Max Preps roster for Newman High School says he’s 6’4” 215.  Sorry, that’s two different people.  Anyway, a look at his stats is a head scratcher.  Solid numbers, nothing eye popping by any stretch.  If you compare his numbers to the HS numbers of Bo Nix, you’d think this was Tom Freakin’ Brady vs. Kadril Frazier.  You look at some of his film, and there’s a whole lot of slow white kids running around the field.

Granted, he looks the part on film, and the people evaluating him know a hell of a lot more than I do.  But, I’m trying to figure out what, besides his name, is making this guy the shiznit of the recruiting world. He’ll probably win the Heisman as a freshman, just because I’m questioning him.

He’s “good”. Or solid.

If his name were not manning, rivals would not have him the number 1 overall recruit. Watch his film and stats. No way no how.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2022, 11:52:17 PM »
Fuck that entitled asshat
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2022, 02:10:45 PM »
From Auburn Wire.  Dude is 6'7" 310. 

Going into the 2022 football season, Auburn Wire will be looking at players that receive a scholarship offer from the Tigers.

Prior to national signing day, each profile will cover where the player is from, how recruiting websites rate them and what their role could be for Bryan Harsin.

Up next is four-star offensive tackle Stanton Ramil. The Tigers were included in his recently announced top eight schools and are seen by some as the favorite with 247Sports projecting him to commit to Auburn.

Ramil is from Alabaster, Alabama, and would be an important get for Auburn as they look to capitalize on a historically strong 2023 recruiting class from Alabama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2022, 11:44:48 PM »
Need mo fatboys!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2022, 11:37:01 AM »
From Auburn Wire  6'2" 178

The Tigers are taking another shot at improving their wideout corps after offering a four-star receiver out of the Golden State on Wednesday.

Malachi Riley, who hails from Corona, California, announced on Twitter that he’d been given an offer by the team. Although Riley was dubbed a three-star by 247Sports, their composite rating has him at four stars and the 46th best wideout in the 2023 class.

Riley is far from the only receiver that Bryan Harsin and his staff have been courting over this recruiting cycle. Riley is the 29th wideout the Tigers have offered according to On3, and the pursuit for another player at that position may stem from the uncertainty Auburn is feeling from its relatively young and unproven corps at the moment. After some notable transfers to the Plains, that could be set to change, but it makes sense that Auburn would still be preparing for the future when it comes to such an important position.

Riley currently has no Crystal Ball attached to him at 247Sports, but he has yet to take any visits of pick any favorites in his recruiting process thus far. Both USC and UCLA have offered him, though, and those two Californian teams should make for some tough competition.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2022, 02:30:58 PM »
Auburn ran a camp yesterday for O-linemen and D-linemen.  Offered a kid out of Pensacola for the 2024 class.  3* right now at 6'5" 290.  Also had former Auburn beast, and NFL running back, Brandon Jacobs' kid in camp.

Can't argue with anything they've been doing in the Cruitin' Department.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2022, 11:34:39 AM »
copy/pasta from the dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.

By Nick Alvarez | nalvarez@al.com
Auburn currently has just two commits in the class of 2023, but by most accounts, this summer has gone well for the Tigers’ coaching staff. Official visits have given prospects a glimpse of life on the Plains as Bryan Harsin’s vision for Year 3 crystallizes.

With a loaded in-state class and roster deficiencies lining up, every star counts as coaches continue to recruit. Here’s a list of the top 10 targets for Auburn in this cycle, ranked by positional need, talent and what their signature would say about the future of Tigers football.

10. Dee Crayton, LB

The Denmark, Ga., four-star is set to commit this weekend, which may bode well for Auburn. Crayton released his finalists in May and originally planned to commit after taking official visits to each. Clemson earned his initial trip and Auburn hosted Crayton on June 10. His other finalists include UCF, Penn State and Missouri. At 6-foot-2, 215-pounds, Crayton would bring a quick first step and explosiveness into any team’s linebackers room, including an Auburn one that’ll be tested this fall. Both On3 and 247Sports have Crayton predicted to Clemson.

9. Connor Stroh, OL

From Wakeland (Texas), Stroh has Auburn in his top five with Arkansas, Texas A&M, Texas and Florida. He’s currently on a tour of those facilities, with his Plains trip occurring in May. A strong showing at an Aggies camp led to an offer and could lead to an in-state decision for Stroh. Stroh is the first of a few offensive linemen on this list, the type of big-bodied bruiser — he’s listed at 6-foot-6, 345-pounds — that wasn’t present enough in the 2022 signing class.

8. Karmello English, WR

A Central-Phenix City standout, English is one of 21 Alabama prospects to have at least a four-star designation. The wide receiver is ranked No. 23 in the country at his position and 141st overall. He’s adept at maneuvering his 5-foot-11, 175-pound frame for explosive plays, scoring 18 touchdowns last fall. English will announce his decision on July 2. His top five included Auburn, Kentucky, Alabama, Florida and Penn State. On3′s recruiting algorithm predicts English to the Tigers as his addition will work to solve the team’s need for a lead pass-catching option.

7. Stanton Ramil, OL

Continuing the Tigers’ hunt for talent in the trenches brings us to Thompson and the reigning three-time state champions. Ramil, 6-foot-7, 210-pounds, anchored the left side of the Warriors line and SEC schools took notice, with a bevy of offers and visits coming this spring. Ramil released his top eight earlier this week with the Tigers firmly in the mix. 247Sports, which ranks Ramil the No. 20 tackle in the class, has a Crystal Ball prediction in Auburn’s favor entered.

6. Jeremiah Cobb, RB

For many in-state blue-chip prospects, Auburn usually finds itself stuck in a recruiting turf war between Alabama and Georgia. Yet, there are a few each year that doesn’t have mutual interest from some of the best programs in the SEC, and those are the ever-so valuable pieces Auburn coaches have to be capable of winning. Enter Montgomery Catholic running back Jeremiah Cobb. He currently has Auburn in his top six, but he’s been predicted to the Plains for a few months. With Clemson winning some key battles in Dabo Swinney’s home state last year — Cobb’s teammates TJ Dudley and Jourdan Thomas were a part of Clemson’s 2022 class —, securing the four-star and eighth-ranked running back would be a crucial step to show Auburn has its own backyard locked down.

5. RyQueze McElderry, OL

One could argue that any of the top five players on this list could have an argument as the most-important recruit in the cycle. McElderry’s case would be two-fold: one, Auburn could use a major flip from a program like Georgia, where McElderry has been verbally committed since November; two, McElderry solves the depth issue Auburn is likely to have on the interior of its offensive line next year. At 6-foot-3, 340-pounds the Anniston product is getting attention from Alabama and Tennesee as well. McElderry went on an official visit to Auburn last month, which is said to have boosted the Tigers’ chances.

4. Keldric Faulk, DL

In the same vein as English, Cobb and Ramil, Faulk is an in-state player who is predicted to Auburn. From Highland Home, Faulk ranks as the ninth-rated defensive lineman in the nation, per the 247Sports composite and No. 84 recruit overall. He’s a bull off the edge, earning 11 sacks as a junior and using his 6-foot-5, 240-pound frame to bend away from linemen. On3 gives Florida State and Clemson a shot at Faulk, with Auburn’s 81.5% leading the way. He’s been on campus multiple times and has said he wants to commit this summer.

3. Jaquavious Russaw, Edge

Harsin has yet to add a five-star prospect during his tenure. Who better to break that streak than Russaw, one of the most sought-after pass rushers in the country? Also one of two must-see recruits from G.W. Carver in Montgomery, Russaw is a strong athlete (6-foot-2, 230-pounds) off the edge with an ability to recognize plays quickly. The competition for him is fierce, with Alabama, Georgia and Texas A&M all having a shot among the 11 schools Russaw has narrowed it down to. Russaw would answer a positional need and be a statement-signing for Harsin and co. He and teammate James Smith are predicted back in Auburn this month.

2. Jahlil Hurley, Cornerback

If Harsin wants to prove that Auburn is past its uneven 2021 and the inquiry that rocked the start of 2022, then flipping one of Alabama’s leading recruits would be one way to start. Hurley is the highest-ranked player on this list, listed as the No. 19 player in the country and the third-highest cornerback. A five-star for Florence, Hurley is a versatile and rangy defensive back that fits plenty of schemes. Most importantly for the Tigers, he comes from a family of Auburn fans and this spring has taken a trip to campus. Auburn added a Crimson Tide flip last fall with Williamson’s Robert Woodyard. Hurley would be an even bigger addition.

MORE on Hurley’s recruitment: Jahlil Hurley committed to the Tide. But schools are still calling.

1. Brock Glenn, QB

The biggest target for Auburn literally has the school in his name. Auburn Brock Glenn, named after his grandfather and Auburn alum, is also one of the last dominoes to fall in the 2023 quarterback shuffle. From Lausanne (Tenn.) Collegiate, Glenn has had a dynamite spring by earning a trip to the Elite 11 finals and getting courted by some of the biggest programs in the country that have yet to sign a thrower this upcoming class. Expected to compete with Florida State, Ohio State and others, Auburn would land a huge recruiting win by signing the four-star. 247Sports has a pair of Crystal Ball predictions tying the country’s 18th-ranked quarterback to the Plains. Glenn, who threw for 23 touchdowns last season compared to nine interceptions, plans to commit ahead of the Elite 11 finals on June 28.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2022, 12:49:27 PM »
Not enough fatboys on that list.

And we will assume this:
7. Stanton Ramil, OL

Continuing the Tigers’ hunt for talent in the trenches brings us to Thompson and the reigning three-time state champions. Ramil, 6-foot-7, 210-pounds....

Should be this:
6-foot-7, 310-pounds....

Otherwise, we are done as an offense!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2022, 02:44:49 PM »
Not enough fatboys on that list.

And we will assume this:
7. Stanton Ramil, OL

Continuing the Tigers’ hunt for talent in the trenches brings us to Thompson and the reigning three-time state champions. Ramil, 6-foot-7, 210-pounds....

Should be this:
6-foot-7, 310-pounds....

Otherwise, we are done as an offense!

What?  He may be just 210, but he's scrappy.  A double-tough competitor.

From everything I've been reading, they're offering a shit ton of linemen on both sides of the ball.  I think this list is just ranking the highest rated guys we've offered at all positions that we have a good, or at least a decent shot of landing.  The thing is, it's been a while since we have had so many highly rated guys, not only coming to campus, but putting us in their final lists.

Having said that, if this staff doesn't sign a really good haul of O-linemen, not just numbers wise, but a bunch of 4* kids, your "done as an offense" statement is spot on.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2022, 01:36:38 PM »
Just got an edge guy from WKY.  6'5 278.

One year of eligibility.   Apparently told that there are only two edges playing currently (Hall and Leota presumably) and he would play immediately.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2022, 08:07:27 AM »
Ramil and Glenn are close to locks. And ramil is 310 not 210. Article writers don’t proof read now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2022, 09:40:29 AM »
I'm fine with picking up an experienced player, especially on the edge.  Yes, we have Hall and Leota, two of the better edge rushers in the conference.  After that, it's Dylan Brooks, who had zero playing time, and somebody named Obewonabutu, or some shit.

I understand we're limited by what's available in the transfunctioner porthole thingy, but getting guys to transfer from Memphis and Western Kentucky doesn't make my anus tingle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions