Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Cruitin'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Cruitin'
« Reply #140 on: July 18, 2022, 03:23:49 PM »
After the recruiting industry rankings updates today, Auburn now has a 100% blue-chip class.

@BradynOL78

@Terranc3love

@EnglishKarmello

@JeremiahCobb13
 all ranked as On3 Consensus four-star recruits.

https://twitter.com/JLeeAULive/status/1549091006703980545

Self delusion is one of the ugliest forms. 

But keep on keepin on Chuck. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #141 on: July 19, 2022, 11:08:39 AM »
Saw this disturbing little blurb in a piece on D-lineman, Daevin Hobbs, saying he will announce on August 1st.

Auburn could certainly use the talent, as the Tigers have offered 33 different defensive linemen without a commitment from any of them.

Losing the feels.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #142 on: July 19, 2022, 12:50:49 PM »
Saw this disturbing little blurb in a piece on D-lineman, Daevin Hobbs, saying he will announce on August 1st.

Auburn could certainly use the talent, as the Tigers have offered 33 different defensive linemen without a commitment from any of them.

Losing the feels.

Its warranted at the moment.

No sugar coating....were getting pantsed as bad as I have ever seen in recruiting. In fact, more like a massacre at the moment. Going back to Winter/Spring - on Heavy AU Leans/Commit hopefuls, were about 4 of 18 thus far. Those being SOLID AU LEANS by the expert opinions, most of them have went elsewhere, flipped, lost interest, etc....Its more like 4 of 117 overall just for offers.

As Wes posted, they are all solid blue chippers. Thats where the good news stops. Bad news is there are ONLY 4 and I don't see that count getting much larger before the season starts. The season ends around Thanksgiving, or first week of Dec if you're lucky.....which rolls right into ESD. Sigh.......

Walker (Legacy AU) hurts bad.

Thurman (in AU backyard) may hurt worse.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 12:53:13 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #143 on: July 19, 2022, 02:33:00 PM »
Its warranted at the moment.

No sugar coating....were getting pantsed as bad as I have ever seen in recruiting. In fact, more like a massacre at the moment. Going back to Winter/Spring - on Heavy AU Leans/Commit hopefuls, were about 4 of 18 thus far. Those being SOLID AU LEANS by the expert opinions, most of them have went elsewhere, flipped, lost interest, etc....Its more like 4 of 117 overall just for offers.

As Wes posted, they are all solid blue chippers. Thats where the good news stops. Bad news is there are ONLY 4 and I don't see that count getting much larger before the season starts. The season ends around Thanksgiving, or first week of Dec if you're lucky.....which rolls right into ESD. Sigh.......

Walker (Legacy AU) hurts bad.

Thurman (in AU backyard) may hurt worse.

As I said, my feels are down.  But I'm holding out hope that Big Cat Weekend yields some serious dividends.  If not.....

Commitment-wise around the SEC so far:

Arky: 23

Tenn: 18

LSU: 16

FUGA: 14

USCe: 13

Bama: 12

Kent.: 12

Gayta: 12

Vandy: 11

MSU: 9

Mizz: 7

Kiffin: 5

A&M: 5

Us: 4

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #144 on: July 19, 2022, 02:57:48 PM »
The word from the croots is that they like Harsin and his vision.  They like Auburn's facilities and position in the SEC.  They just need to see wins.  Get to 5-0 and watch the commits fall in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #145 on: July 19, 2022, 05:32:04 PM »
The word from the croots is that they like Harsin and his vision.  They like Auburn's facilities and position in the SEC.  They just need to see wins.  Get to 5-0 and watch the commits fall in.

That's not how any of this works. 

I've been around this for centuries.  Our current recruiting status is worse than I've seen in my lifetime which dates back to pre-Barfield days. 

I don't know how many ways I can say this, but there is no energy, excitement or enthusiasm about the program.  It's a dead, rotting skunk lying on the highway. Zero street rep.  None.  The rest of the SEC is kicking our dicks in.  We are legitimately standing at the precipice of a Tennessee-like trek through a desert the likes of which most of you have never experienced. 

Guess what?  We aren't getting to 5-0.  We aren't getting to 4-1.  3-2 is the most likely outcome, but 2-3 isn't a stretch. After that, losing four of the next five isn't out of the question. 

I liked the Harsin hire initially.  For maybe a day.  Then I saw his family/entourage and had immediate misgivings. Once he fucked the goat at Penn State, everything from that point had the stench of shite about it. 

We're on the verge of unrecoverable blue-screen error, the kind of fuckery from which there is no easy return. 

I know you want to honk the trumpet, wes, but you're farting into a cat-5 hurricane bearing down on us. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #146 on: July 19, 2022, 05:53:51 PM »
That's not how any of this works. 

I've been around this for centuries.  Our current recruiting status is worse than I've seen in my lifetime which dates back to pre-Barfield days. 

I don't know how many ways I can say this, but there is no energy, excitement or enthusiasm about the program.  It's a dead, rotting skunk lying on the highway. Zero street rep.  None.  The rest of the SEC is kicking our dicks in.  We are legitimately standing at the precipice of a Tennessee-like trek through a desert the likes of which most of you have never experienced. 

Guess what?  We aren't getting to 5-0.  We aren't getting to 4-1.  3-2 is the most likely outcome, but 2-3 isn't a stretch. After that, losing four of the next five isn't out of the question. 

I liked the Harsin hire initially.  For maybe a day.  Then I saw his family/entourage and had immediate misgivings. Once he fucked the goat at Penn State, everything from that point had the stench of shite about it. 

We're on the verge of unrecoverable blue-screen error, the kind of fuckery from which there is no easy return. 

I know you want to honk the trumpet, wes, but you're farting into a cat-5 hurricane bearing down on us.

I get the "show me" state of many recruits....except.....a lot of these guys were SOLID SOLID AU Leans (some silent verbals) and LEGACY kids even after the fuckery that ended last year with MSU and SC, and then that dumb bowl travesty, followed by 0 for NSD while in Cancun, followed by the Feb investigation thingee.

Even after all that....we had a solid group of kids - prob 10-15 that were "on board" and in the 80%+ column by most experts takes. Something in May and June happened to these kids. I dunno what. Most of them have either flipped, committed elsewhere, or are ABOUT to commit elsewhere.

They aren't waiting around to see what were going to do. They've already left. They gone. And ESD is in December. Rarely do these kids make major moves or shifts in season. All of that is the troubling part to me.

Kids like Brock Glenn (whose name is actually AUBURN - for a reason) and Rico Walker. Legacy kids who were as good as on campus in May. Now, they're gone. Countless others ive named pages back. Something is going on, and its not the losing streak to end last season, or the February crap, or waiting to see what were gonna do our first 5-6 games, or NIL coffers (although that is pathetic too). Were getting passed over by lower rated recruits as well, getting beat out to the final 3 by Pittsburgh, Syracuse, UNC, Va Tech, Mizzou. Were not getting mopped on all of these by UGA and Bama. Its those lower rated schools and lower rated 3 star project type recruits that really burn me.

Its weird. Ive followed recruiting a long while, and this one has even the sunshine pumping recruiting AU Gurus stumped and depressed. We are whiffing like I've not ever seen at this stage in the game, and its concerning.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 05:57:29 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #147 on: July 20, 2022, 08:18:24 AM »
Every coach we’ve had as long as I’ve been alive has been able to sell Auburn.  Even Barfield, who was an awful coach, was successful even in the face of brunt’s dominance to attract quality. 

Bowden, who was actually a good coach at first, got who he wanted.  He just was ahead of his time and chose the wrong type of players for the game of the day.  Plus he was a little whore.

Gus was a good recruiter.  He just had no eye for talent.  And couldn’t develop it when he got it.  Johnson, Turtle Clint, Khadril, Kodi, nix, Trotter, Carryon, tre, etc.   all either overused and broken or underdeveloped. 

I don’t want Gus back.  But I’d honestly take Chizik and the energy he brought to recruiting over this moribund shit we have now. 

We are literally dying.   I hoped Harpooner would infuse the program with the discipline and organization it lacked under Gus. Didn’t really happen.  Same cringeworthy shite too often.

I hoped he would hit the ground running and make inroads with the jaded fans and recruiting pipelines that had dried up as Gus grew more and more insular, defensive and reclusive over the years.  The exact opposite happened.  From the moment that photo of him and his bourgeois-trash family showed up around Christmas before he ever coached a game I knew we had major problems.  He hasn’t embraced the fans. As that photo showed, he isn’t one of us.  He never will be. Out of place. Out of depth. He arrogantly ignored and alienated the high schools.  It’s already too late to fix a lot of that.  He’s like fucking Fredo wirh his a big tittied bimbo wife while Saban is Michael and Kirby is Sonny. 

I hoped Harrington would help change auburn and the SEC’s  (fairly or unfair) good-ol-boy reputation by proving that a motivated guy with a strong work ethic could forge a winner.  He failed.  Work ethic?  Not on display.   How was Cancun on signing day? Motivation? Not evident.  His hire was not a splash. He needed to make that himself.  Be visible.  Be present.  Be persuasive.  Be a little like Bruce.  Hardliquor gets a negative F in that category. 

I wanted him to be the guy.  He’s not.  Won’t ever be.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2022, 08:59:35 AM »
Culture is a big deal in big boy cfb. Especially in the southeast and especially with African American athletes. It just is. Rarely does a fish out of water hire ever work in this dynamic. That’s being proven out now. I have zero doubt harsin knows football and X’s and O’s  Have no doubt he’s old school and hard nosed. It’s all the other things he’s just not cutting it at. His people skills are just garbage. You have to be a hell of an endearing salesman at this level. He’s not even close. I said this back in February. Needed to endear himself better and be more Personable. I think a few at the time said that it’s just who he is. He won’t change. That may actually be true. And if it is, he’s a dead man walking. It’s just a matter of when not if. To have any remote chance he’s gonna have to win 8 games and convince recruits that his product works. That he can improve a team. It’s that simple.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2022, 09:53:36 AM »
Well, fuck.  Let's just shut 'er down and forfeit this season.

Buncha fucking pussy-assed, chicken-little garbage up in here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #150 on: July 20, 2022, 10:14:22 AM »

Ok.  Your terms are acceptable. I’d almost rather do without than endure the fuckery the ache in my bones insists is coming.   

It’s not chicken little.  It’s just reality.   

I’ve always loved AU.  It gets harder and harder as it becomes less and less what I loved about it.  I don’t WANT this.   It just is.  You’re fooling yourself if you honestly think otherwise. 

I can’t fake the enthusiasm any more.  Auburn football has become increasingly painfully difficult to watch.  It’s increasingly difficult to invest heart and soul in.   I’ve said this before.  It’s like loving somebody who will never truly love you back.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 10:20:41 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
GH2001,
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #151 on: July 20, 2022, 10:49:34 AM »

DENIAL - The first stage of grief.

The irony in calling guys pussies on the internet that are purely pointing out facts. Good grief dude. Were just the messengers here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #152 on: July 20, 2022, 11:04:05 AM »
DENIAL - The first stage of grief.

The irony in calling guys pussies on the internet that are purely pointing out facts. Good grief dude. Were just the messengers here.

What "message" are you spreading that isn't of your own creation?  It's all your feels and supposition at this point.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #153 on: July 20, 2022, 11:35:31 AM »
No one should be happy that we're last in the league in cruitin' at this point. 9 teams, including Vanderbilt, with double digit commits.  It's not a good look.

However, it's still just mid July, and nobody has put pen to paper yet. Big Cat Weekend is coming up and hopefully, this staff will have Happy Meal boxes for every recruit, loaded with ca$h. 

If we whiff after BCW, I might go into ever-so-slight panic mode.  But right now, let them get a lot of these guys back on campus and see if they can close the deal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #154 on: July 20, 2022, 11:37:45 AM »
No one should be happy that we're last in the league in cruitin' at this point. 9 teams, including Vanderbilt, with double digit commits.  It's not a good look.

However, it's still just mid July, and nobody has put pen to paper yet. Big Cat Weekend is coming up and hopefully, this staff will have Happy Meal boxes for every recruit, loaded with ca$h. 

If we whiff after BCW, I might go into ever-so-slight panic mode.  But right now, let them get a lot of these guys back on campus and see if they can close the deal.

Dasss all I'm sayin, yo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #155 on: July 20, 2022, 12:37:16 PM »
Dasss all I'm sayin, yo.

Go read Kirby’s description of what he and his staff were doing in June.  Tell me then what Headband was doing at that same time.   

Science, bitch. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #156 on: July 20, 2022, 12:59:39 PM »
What "message" are you spreading that isn't of your own creation?  It's all your feels and supposition at this point.

Projecting much? I give you guys numbers. I give you guys stats on these recruits, where they are going, comments from them on their OVs, their top 3's, etc etc etc. Much of it from the guys that do it for a living on the premium boards. These are things that are ALL measurable.

There is zero feeling involved in having 4 commitments. Zero feels involved in being almost dead last in conf. And also Zero feels in having legacy and backyard kids going elsewhere on a daily basis. These are YUGE misses. Even the BCW roster is unimpressive.

As the nutless barrister opined, lot of time left - BUT the game has changed a lot. These kids are wrapping this stuff up much much sooner than years past - some of that due to ESD , some due to NIL. They want to end it and not have the drama during sr season. Unless BCW yields some crazy results and he over performs, it will be the portal and JUCO again this winter as a last resort.

These are just facts Wes. I can't make you accept the ship is taking on water. It can be turned around but this aint about the feels whatsoever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #157 on: July 20, 2022, 02:25:53 PM »
I felt myself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #158 on: July 21, 2022, 09:21:02 AM »
I felt myself.

When I think about you, I touch myself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #159 on: July 21, 2022, 12:31:15 PM »
When I think about you, I touch myself.

I don't want anybody else.

When I think about the Kick 6 dry hump, I touch myself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg