Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Cruitin'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Cruitin'
« Reply #100 on: June 20, 2022, 09:56:16 AM »
getting guys to transfer from Memphis and Western Kentucky doesn't make my anus tingle.

But other than hall and oates music specials on tv, what does?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2022, 09:57:00 AM »
I'm fine with picking up an experienced player, especially on the edge.  Yes, we have Hall and Leota, two of the better edge rushers in the conference.  After that, it's Dylan Brooks, who had zero playing time, and somebody named Obewonabutu, or some shit.

I understand we're limited by what's available in the transfunctioner porthole thingy, but getting guys to transfer from Memphis and Western Kentucky doesn't make my anus tingle.

I was more concerned by the coaches implying to the transfer kid that Brooks ain't gonna get it done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #102 on: June 20, 2022, 10:03:23 AM »
But other than hall and oates music specials on tv, what does?

Well, KY puts out this warming gel that.......wait....yeah, Hall & Oates.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #103 on: June 20, 2022, 12:11:43 PM »
On a somewhat semi-related note, former Auburn defensive end, Antonio Coleman, took over the HC job at Williamson.  Saw a pic of him and that dude is stacked.  Williamson is where Roger McReary is from, and the linebacker, Robert Woodyard, that we flipped from Bama this year.  Could be a nice pipeline of talent to teh Planez.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #104 on: June 20, 2022, 12:26:57 PM »
On a somewhat semi-related note, former Auburn defensive end, Antonio Coleman, took over the HC job at Williamson.  Saw a pic of him and that dude is stacked.  Williamson is where Roger McReary is from, and the linebacker, Robert Woodyard, that we flipped from Bama this year.  Could be a nice pipeline of talent to teh Planez.

Love to see AC get his shot and always good to have a friendly face in an AL high school.

Semi-related to your semi, Jeris McIntyre is the HC at Tampa Catholic (his alma mater)...during his playing years he was teammates with Channing Tatum.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2022, 02:30:13 PM »
Love to see AC get his shot and always good to have a friendly face in an AL high school.

Semi-related to your semi, Jeris McIntyre is the HC at Tampa Catholic (his alma mater)...during his playing years he was teammates with Channing Tatum.

Tatum was magic on the mike.

Not that I ever saw that movie.....more than 6 times.

Auburn just had a huge lineman from Tampa Catholic in the 2024 class on campus this weekend. Maybe Jeris could.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2022, 10:25:13 PM »
What?  He may be just 210, but he's scrappy.  A double-tough competitor.

From everything I've been reading, they're offering a shit ton of linemen on both sides of the ball.  I think this list is just ranking the highest rated guys we've offered at all positions that we have a good, or at least a decent shot of landing.  The thing is, it's been a while since we have had so many highly rated guys, not only coming to campus, but putting us in their final lists.

Having said that, if this staff doesn't sign a really good haul of O-linemen, not just numbers wise, but a bunch of 4* kids, your "done as an offense" statement is spot on.

FYI - Stanton ramill canceled his official visit today. Haven’t seen an insider opinion on what this actually means. But hate seeing that. Some think his Knoxville bound now. Crazy how it’s the summer before his senior season and it’s this hot n heavy already.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #107 on: June 21, 2022, 10:06:01 AM »
FYI - Stanton ramill canceled his official visit today. Haven’t seen an insider opinion on what this actually means. But hate seeing that. Some think his Knoxville bound now. Crazy how it’s the summer before his senior season and it’s this hot n heavy already.

Booooooooo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #108 on: June 21, 2022, 11:05:05 AM »
Booooooooo.

A DL , TE, corner? I wouldn’t care. We need big uglies. He had us, penn st and Michigan scheduled for ov this week. And we were the ones who got cancelled. Over the two northern teams. Just gives me a bad feeling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #109 on: June 21, 2022, 11:54:49 AM »
No doubt the big nasties are priority 1, but getting a commit from Montgomery Catholic RB, Jeremiah Cobb, would be a nice shot in the arm.  I don't put much stock in crystal balls and projections etc., but for what it's worth, everyone sees him playing for Coach Bryman Hatpin's bunch.

4* and listed as the #8 running back in the nation.  In 2021-22, he had 2,163 yards (155 YPG) with 30 TD's.  Also, 561 yards receiving with 8 TD's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2022, 02:11:35 PM »
No doubt the big nasties are priority 1, but getting a commit from Montgomery Catholic RB, Jeremiah Cobb, would be a nice shot in the arm.  I don't put much stock in crystal balls and projections etc., but for what it's worth, everyone sees him playing for Coach Bryman Hatpin's bunch.

4* and listed as the #8 running back in the nation.  In 2021-22, he had 2,163 yards (155 YPG) with 30 TD's.  Also, 561 yards receiving with 8 TD's.

Louisville just landed the #2 RB in the nation.... sheesh.  :wtf:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2022, 02:31:57 PM »
Louisville just landed the #2 RB in the nation.... sheesh.  :wtf:

Crank up the NIL $$$.  They already have the #2 wide receiver prospect in the fold.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2022, 01:33:25 AM »
Didn’t we just pick up a WKU edge rusher?

Need mo fatboys!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2022, 10:44:16 AM »
Naquil Betrand is currently committed to Colorado, but that's likely gonna change.

Following his official visit to Auburn, the Philadelphia native said there's a "85-90 percent chance," that he flips to a different school.

That school could be Auburn.

"It was good," Betrand said about his visit. "Good environment. I saw everything. Saw the new facility, the stadium. It was a good place all around.”

Betrand committed to Colorado on March 22, but is considering other options. Since then, he's visited Penn State, Kentucky and Auburn.

Auburn's chances to flip the 6-foot-6 lineman?

"Likely," Betrand said.

He spent most of his visit talking to defensive line coach Jimmy Brumbaugh, who wants to use Betrand across the defensive line as opposed to an offensive tackle.

"I like [Auburn] a lot," he said. "Y'all got some good stuff going on over there."

Betrand is looking to reach the NFL as soon as possible, with the chance for early playing time at Auburn a contributing factor in his decision.

"I wanna play as a freshman early," Betrand said. "I can do a lot over there.”

If Betrand ends up flipping, his final decision date is set for Aug. 27.

Meh.....dude has great size but, hes a bit of a dev project. Not sure he will contribute much year 1. Hes gotta get there fast, if so. Think he needs to slow his roll on the NFL at the moment...that said, ill take him. Need big boys at the moment. And that's def his upside.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2022, 05:00:12 PM »
Not so good Update on Brock Glenn - full name - AUBURN Brock Glenn, yes he was named after the school. Do not ask me where this came from and I won't tell you no lies......just read.

ps - he was considered a lock for AU last week and committing this week or next was inevitable. Now, not so much.

We’ve been talking on the board about the emerging possibility that Brock Glenn, esteemed quarterback from the greater Memphis area, may not ultimately choose Auburn. He’s still pondering, but we‘re told that Ohio State has emerged as a serious contender.

If he chooses the Tigers, that’s terrific. He looks really good — and he’s getting better all the time.

If he chooses any other program, well, that’s bad news.

I say that not because Auburn’s future depends on Glenn. In fact, I’d argue that Auburn’s deepest position right now from a developmental perspective is quarterback. You all know I like Zach Calzada a lot. We also have reason to believe Robby Ashford and Holden Geriner may be good or even outstanding quarterbacks. (I am skeptical of TJ Finley as an SEC starter, but he certainly provides quality depth.)

No, the problem is inertia. Where is it? Where are the commits? Auburn has two good ones right now in center Bradyn Joiner and defensive back Terrence Love, but July must be the month to add some meaningful commits. This is when a team like Auburn must make a move. We’ve been talking about a revamped (and better) approach toward recruiting this cycle. They’ve attracted a higher caliber of prospective signee during the past, say, six months. Some of y’all gig me over the “recruiting enterprise,” but the truth is that never in Auburn history have so many people been allocated toward Auburn winning recruiting battles. There are so many full-time folks on this. They’re hard-working, they’re enterprising, they’re enthusiastic and they’re doing a very good job — at least in my opinion.

But this comes down to one inescapable truth: Bryan Harsin‘s job security still doesn’t look very good despite the usual platitudes hurled from the usual locales.

Auburn is getting negatively recruited in a big way out there on the trail. If I was recruiting against Auburn, you’d better believe I’d be bringing it up. They tried to fire this guy after one year? Yikes. Who will be your coach if you sign with Auburn?

Is this fixable? Everything is fixable. This particular snafu is more about timing than anything else, to be honest. Which is to say — Harsin doesn’t have much more time to prove himself to People Who Matter and he desperately needs proof of concept from a recruiting standpoint. And that’s where July comes into play. Locking down a handful of high-quality commits in July creates momentum that can be used in a variety of ways. It augments the next stages of 2023 recruiting. It may soothe some frayed nerves among People Who Somewhat Matter about Harsin’s proverbial seaworthiness. And it creates something of a buffer if the 2022 season gets rocky at some point.

Losing out on Glenn would be a terrible start to this crucial month.

Conversely, landing Glenn would be important because he’s already said he’ll be a spirited recruiter.

Auburn needs as many of those as possible.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2022, 09:55:36 AM »
I understand it's early, and Auburn traditionally closes late in recruiting.  But we need some guys to pull the trigger.  We need to get some momentum and have other recruits looking at us and saying Auburn is starting to put a damn good class together.  With NIL running the show, there may not be anybody left closer to signing day.  It's one thing to be a verbal commit, and have the option of just changing your mind.  It's another thing altogether to have a 6 figure deal in place.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2022, 10:18:35 AM »
I understand it's early, and Auburn traditionally closes late in recruiting.  But we need some guys to pull the trigger.  We need to get some momentum and have other recruits looking at us and saying Auburn is starting to put a damn good class together.  With NIL running the show, there may not be anybody left closer to signing day.  It's one thing to be a verbal commit, and have the option of just changing your mind.  It's another thing altogether to have a 6 figure deal in place.

We're getting some top dogs on campus right now.  They're getting to know the staff, see the facilities/plans....now they need to see Ws.

Once we string a few together, the commitments will follow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2022, 11:22:10 AM »
We're getting some top dogs on campus right now.  They're getting to know the staff, see the facilities/plans....now they need to see Ws.

I agree things have really been positive with regard to getting the big guns on campus, and a lot of them having us in their top 5.  That's a great sign.  But we're currently last in the SEC, and last by a good bit.  Recruits may start asking themselves why nobody is pulling the trigger for us. We need some momentum.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2022, 12:16:09 PM »
I agree things have really been positive with regard to getting the big guns on campus, and a lot of them having us in their top 5.  That's a great sign.  But we're currently last in the SEC, and last by a good bit.  Recruits may start asking themselves why nobody is pulling the trigger for us. We need some momentum.

I already done told y'all.  Believe me now or believe me later.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2022, 05:03:08 PM »

Cart, horse. Horse, cart.

Which will happen first. Or needs to happen first. That’s the ultimate question. We’re getting tons of guys in and making their top 5’s bug whiffing a lot. It’s disheartening. They aren’t just waiting. They are choosing somewhere else. That’s the part that makes me not optimistic.

Tony Mitchell going to Bama just makes it worse. Needed buzzy to throw him some husky money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE