Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Van Pelt's Tribute to Otis

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Van Pelt's Tribute to Otis
« on: April 29, 2022, 05:27:37 PM »
I despise XIPN.  Loathe the entire operation.  Fuck them all sideways and forever, especially that despicable crying mommy part Herbstreit.  Every single talking head on that entire network can shove a chinese poker up their ass and twizzle it.  Except Scott Van Pelt. 

I don't know his politics because he doesn't beat us over the head with them.  I've seen him around in the pressbox at various games and he doesn't seem to be a pretentious douche like so many others in his profession. He's always acted and interacted like a regular guy, just glad to be there.  So he's excused from my contempt. 

When I got one of those emailed "you have to see this" things from ESPN I almost deleted it until I saw it was from his show. Because it was, I watched it.  My phone immediately sprayed stinging dust in my eyes.

If you haven't seen it, check it out below.  It's something most of us here can relate to. 

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2022/04/scott-van-pelt-gave-a-spectacular-eulogy-about-his-dog-get-the-tissues-ready.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Van Pelt's Tribute to Otis
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 06:58:52 PM »
About two weeks ago, the wife and I had to make that drive to the vet with the greatest little companion we’ve ever had.  I held him in my lap while they put in the drugs.  My wife was beside me and just as they started administering the drug, he raised his head and looked back at her for about 5 seconds, before leaving us.  I’ve balled like a baby about 10 times since.

What SVP said is true.  If this hurt is what we have to exchange for all the happiness he gave us for over 14 years, I’ll do it every time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2022, 08:35:25 PM »
I deeply love both of my adopted fur girls.

Dogs are more than beasts. They have emotions.

Scientists are developing a dog to human interpreter computer program.

They’ve already done some of this with whales and prarie dogs.

Who knows how accurate it can get?

If they are able to successfully utilize this so that dogs are truly able to communicate with humans, unfortunately, I am going to have to put both of the girls to sleep.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2022, 10:57:38 PM »
I deeply love both of my adopted fur girls.

Dogs are more than beasts. They have emotions.

Scientists are developing a dog to human interpreter computer program.

They’ve already done some of this with whales and prarie dogs.

Who knows how accurate it can get?

If they are able to successfully utilize this so that dogs are truly able to communicate with humans, unfortunately, I am going to have to put both of the girls to sleep.

Researching ways to communicate with the whales is my daughter’s specialization. 

I spent some time researching whales when I was young, single and highly intoxicated.  Oddly my findings were of no interest to her. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2022, 10:06:30 AM »
Van pelt has always been one of the good guys. This just affirms that. Good on him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE