• Bofa
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Bama...NIL....Random Thoughts
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2022, 05:40:13 PM »
I'm sure everybody has by now, but if you haven't heard Fisher's response....GOOGLE CHROME that shit, sharpish.  I just read a bunch of Finebaum's quotes from an interview this morning. He didn't pull any punches in saying Saybin came away from that exchange bloodied and beaten.

PF was right in saying nobody has ever challenged Lord Saybinz.  If you think about it, as much as I loathe a slimeball like Fisher, it was eye opening to hear a prominent Corch like himself  say, "That mofo's a cheatin' bitch.  I know.  I used to work for the man." (Slightly paraphrasing there)

But what also blows my mind is why LS even went there in the first place. And then to say I've never paid players. And he said it with a straight face. Gawt damn!!!  There is obviously a very strict unwritten code in the game.  Everybody cheats.  All of em'.  But this is the only time I've ever heard two coaches, especially two of this stature, come out throwing hands at each other about being dirty.

Wow!  When are Media Days?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2022, 05:42:22 PM »
I'm sure everybody has by now, but if you haven't heard Fisher's response....GOOGLE CHROME that shit, sharpish.  I just read a bunch of Finebaum's quotes from an interview this morning. He didn't pull any punches in saying Saybin came away from that exchange bloodied and beaten.

PF was right in saying nobody has ever challenged Lord Saybinz.  If you think about it, as much as I loathe a slimeball like Fisher, it was eye opening to hear a prominent Corch like himself  say, "That mofo's a cheatin' bitch.  I know.  I used to work for the man." (Slightly paraphrasing there)

But what also blows my mind is why LS even went there in the first place. And then to say I've never paid players. And he said it with a straight face. Gawt damn!!!  There is obviously a very strict unwritten code in the game.  Everybody cheats.  All of em'.  But this is the only time I've ever heard two coaches, especially two of this stature, come out throwing hands at each other about being dirty.

Wow!  When are Media Days?

It's been a great day on twitter with all of this shit.  Great time for the old Never To Yield article (something about a fire) with all the links and evidence to resurface.  I googled around, but couldn't find it.  The search function here...leaves something to be desired.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2022, 02:14:19 PM »
While I am disappointed that we didn't get Phillips, I am not upset about it and far away from Mad about it.  We managed to snag, Yohan, Westery, Donaldson and Broome and we sit  ranked #13 in recruiting rankings.  Those along with what he have coming back and I think we are in good shape.  If we got outbid for him then so be it.  We outbid a lot of teams for Yohan. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2022, 03:29:43 PM »
While I am disappointed that we didn't get Phillips, I am not upset about it and far away from Mad about it.  We managed to snag, Yohan, Westery, Donaldson and Broome and we sit  ranked #13 in recruiting rankings.  Those along with what he have coming back and I think we are in good shape.  If we got outbid for him then so be it.  We outbid a lot of teams for Yohan.
These NIL deals are absolutely ridiculous.

I refuse to sign up contractually to give any of these kids a million dollar plus package. That’s insane.

I do not,  however, mind giving them a check. There is no amount that scares me. I’ll write the shit out of check, in no time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2022, 03:36:05 PM »
These NIL deals are absolutely ridiculous.

I refuse to sign up contractually to give any of these kids a million dollar plus package. That’s insane.

I do not,  however, mind giving them a check. There is no amount that scares me. I’ll write the shit out of check, in no time.

We all know where that ends...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2022, 03:37:45 PM »
And while we are here talking about this.  Fuck you bammers!

All I have heard since 2010 was SCAM NEEWTEEN!!! YALL CHEATED!
Today?  Well, we all know everybody cheats.

Fuck you all with an XL bag of Goat Aids infected dicks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2022, 04:25:46 PM »
And while we are here talking about this.  Fuck you bammers!

All I have heard since 2010 was SCAM NEEWTEEN!!! YALL CHEATED!
Today?  Well, we all know everybody cheats.

Fuck you all with an XL bag of Goat Aids infected dicks.

Thou mayest ingest a satchel of Richards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2022, 10:07:15 AM »
I can't think of two coaches I dislike more than Lord Saybinz and Jimbo Fisher.  Jimbo went scorched earth back in February, and then again last week when LS made his comments about A&M buying every one of the players in this past class.  I heard the full interview this morning, some of which is referenced below.  For whatever reason, the writer left out some of the more pertinent quotes from Fisher.  It was a contentious interview, and I had to give the man credit.  He held the reporter's feet to the fire. And he was right! 

Look, I get it.  Common sense tells you that class was bought and paid for.  But then, so were so many of Saybinz' classes.  The parts of the interview that were left out, were where Jimbo said, "All this started with some blog from a guy going by "Bro-Bible/Sliced Bread".  He put it on social media, so automatically, it must be true.  He didn't do his research, Nick Saban didn't do his research, and you (The reporter) didn't do yours. Whether or not what Fisher is saying about this class not being bought is true or not, he's 100% spot on with how this all came about.  Anywho....copy/pasta from Matt Young at chron.

A day after Texas A&M coach Jimbo Fisher called a press conference to rip Nick Saban as a “narcissist” and say “maybe somebody should have slapped” the Alabama coach, Fisher visited San Antonio and got into a heated verbal tussle with KSAT-TV’s Greg Simmons.

Fisher, who was in San Antonio for a speaking engagement, appeared agitated when Simmons continued to press him on Saban’s accusation that Texas A&M “bought every player” in their No. 1 recruiting class.

Texas A&M had 11 of the 30 players in their top-ranked recruiting class enroll early in January. Of those 11 recruits already on campus, Fisher said only one has a deal for his name, image and likeness (NIL). The NCAA has made it legal for players to earn money with NIL deals, but it has caused concern among some coaches that it will allow teams to try and buy recruits.

There was social media chatter - all unverified - that Aggies boosters had raised more than $30 million in NIL money to help entice recruits, which is what set Saban off in his rant last week.

“One guy has an NIL deal. Just one. So, all these stories you’re hearing are complete lies,” Fisher said in an interview that KSAT aired for the first time Sunday night.

"It was written on social media so everybody believes it. You got news channels believing it, big people believing it, and you believed it. You’re news, you’re media. Do you guys not research?,” Fisher asked Simmons.

Someone off camera tried to interrupt the interview a couple times, but both times Fisher said he had it under control, including one time telling someone off camera, “Just let me handle it.”

“I’m asking you, did you do your research? See, you can’t answer,” Fisher tells Simmons. “You just assumed, and that’s the way this world goes now. As soon as it’s written on social media and someone says it, you believe it. So where does that put you guys as reporters?”

Fisher later chuckled when he appeared to momentarily stump the reporter.

"Nobody wants the truth. You want a story and a click and a hit,” Fisher said. “What’s the next question? See, I threw you off your game right now. You’re off your game, you’re out of questions.”
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 10:10:59 AM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2022, 12:11:27 PM »
I will hate Fisher with the burning heat of a billion suns for all eternity. 

I wish him nothing but epic failure on a monumental scale.

If he were bagging groceries I’d try to get him fired from that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2022, 01:56:10 PM »
I will hate Fisher with the burning heat of a billion suns for all eternity. 

I wish him nothing but epic failure on a monumental scale.

If he were bagging groceries I’d try to get him fired from that.

and while I agree totally....im still glad he said what he said about Saban last week. It needed to be said. By somebody. Anybody.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2022, 02:40:17 PM »
and while I agree totally....im still glad he said what he said about Saban last week. It needed to be said. By somebody. Anybody.

I don't want to give the guy too much credit, but, while ripping Lord Saybinz a new one was schweet, his indictment on our current environment of disinformation was epic.  One nameless blogger makes an accusation.  Social media runs with it and after it has been parroted countless time, it becomes truth.  Sound familiar?

If you hear the interview I was referencing, Fisher embarrasses the reporter, and rightfully so.  Again, I personally loathe the guy, and yes, my OPINION, is that this class was in fact, bought and paid for.  But until somebody has something more substantial than Bro-Bible/Sliced Bread bloggage, go fuck yourself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2022, 02:45:42 PM »
Just saw an article about Bo Nix' NIL money at Auburn.  Between 15 minute appearances on the JBoy Show, and Milo's Tea, he made between $8,000.00 and $9,000.00 for the semester.

Not what I was expecting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2022, 02:51:55 PM »
Just saw an article about Bo Nix' NIL money at Auburn.  Between 15 minute appearances on the JBoy Show, and Milo's Tea, he made between $8,000.00 and $9,000.00 for the semester.

Talk about overpaid...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2022, 10:40:37 AM »

Gotta figure Daddy Phil K. is gonna give his star QB a raise.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.