Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hawkeye

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Hawkeye
« on: April 03, 2022, 11:03:51 AM »
No, not the liberal loon on M*A*S*H.  I hated that bleeding heart fuck.  This is in reference to the six-episode Christmas Marvel limited series that allegedly retires the least interesting Avenger and hands off the mantle to an even less interesting replacement. 

Marvel knows how to make super hero movies. I'm not sure it knows how to make television series. Loki was good but not great. Winter Falcon was okay, but not good or great. All of these additions seem designed to modify the MCU, add layers, and set up the transitions that will extend to upcoming movies.  Like Captain America is gone now, and replaced by some random black dude -- because you know, America really been keeping the black man down for all these centuries.  But I digress. 

Hawkeye was hamstrung by the dead-eyed performance from Hailee Steinfeld. She's bland. She's like a lizard -- one completely flat, emotionless expression regardless of whether she's supposed to be happy, scared, brave, sad, or angry. She's just not good at all.

Combine her with the hideously ugly Vera Horseface Farmiga who is vastly overrated as an actress and the enormous moon-mug of Florence Pugh and you've got a female trifecta that pollutes almost every single scene to the point of toxicity. 

What's odd is that much like The Batman, Steinfeld handles the action scenes well enough. It's just when she has to behave like a "human" that her performance dips to third grade Thanksgiving play level where she's in the role of a green bean casserole.  Same could be said of Pugh. 

Is it required Marvel viewing?  I don't think so.  All it really did was end Hawkeye's arc, put in a piece of styrofoam in his place, and give Natasha's sister some clarity on her sister's fate.

Oh, and throw some BS in about a watch that sort of invalidates (or illuminates?) what most already suspected. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Hawkeye
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 12:51:44 AM »
Fair assessment.
It was still an enjoyable watch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.