Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

JD

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
JD
« on: March 24, 2022, 03:04:21 PM »
That's right.  Jeff Davis, bitches.  Okay, maybe JD Rhym too.  Copy/pasta from Tom Green, the only writer at the dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth. I can stomach, mainly because he focuses on players, quotes, and reporting on what's happening, without the opinion BS.

Marcus Harris’ jaw dropped as he saw the ball jarred loose near the goal line.

The Auburn defensive tackle didn’t expect that, at least not this early in spring practice, not from a freshman, and certainly not from a freshman cornerback, of all people.

“He just came up and stuck the running back,” Harris said. “I was like, ‘Dang, he made him fumble.’… He wasn’t afraid of the moment.”

The freshman in question was cornerback J.D. Rhym, the four-star early enrollee out of Valdosta, Ga., who signed with Auburn during December’s early signing period. Rhym has turned heads less than two weeks into spring practice, generating a fair share of buzz from Auburn’s veteran defensive players through the team’s first six practices.

The 6-foot-1, 180-pounder has been working at cornerback and nickel early on this spring, helping provide depth behind a veteran core in the secondary that includes corners Nehemiah Pritchett and Jaylin Simpson, and nickel Donovan Kaufman. During Monday’s practice, he was seen taking second-team reps at nickel behind Kaufman during the portion of practice that was open to the media, and while it’s early, he appears to be on track to be an early contributor for the Tigers during his first season on the Plains.

“You rarely see freshmen jump in like that and become that type of player,” Pritchett said. “And he’s coming along pretty fast.”

Auburn barely relied on freshman contributors during Bryan Harsin’s first season, with tight end Landen King and running back Jarquez Hunter the only ones to really see the field last fall. With some more depth needs to address this fall at various positions, though, there’s potential for more young players to step into supporting roles.

Rhym, to this point in the spring, appears to be a frontrunner as one of those instant-impact newcomers. He even earned Defensive Player of the Day honors during one of the team’s practices last week, and he has impressed his teammates with not only his play-making ability but his work ethic and desire to learn as well.

Kaufman said last week that Rhym, the second-highest rated signee in the Tigers’ 2022 class, went out of his way to join him for an extra session of film study, while Pritchett said he sees some of himself in the freshman: fast, quiet, dialed in with his technique and with a business-like approach to the game.

“I’m so amazed, because, like, I just think about me coming as a freshman and how nervous I would be,” Harris said. “It seems like he’s just ready for the moment.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."