Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I Know It's The Off Season...

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
I Know It's The Off Season...
« on: March 23, 2022, 03:42:52 PM »
and...it's NFL talk.  But there's some blockbuster movement that's been going on within the last two weeks.

A-A-Ron Rodgers ended the drama early and re-upped with the Packers, making him the highest paid QB in the game.  For a bit.

The Packers promptly trade his favorite target, and arguably the best receiver in the game, Devonta Adams, to the Las Vegas Raiders.

Long time Seattle QB, Russell Wilson, Jr. III, is now in the Mile High City with the Broncos.

The Massage Monster, oh he of the 22 civil suits for happy endings, DeShaun Watson, gets shipped from the Texans to the Cleveland Browns.  Very creative structuring of the deal by his agent and the Browns.  He will most likely be the highest paid QB in a couple of years, but since everyone assumes Watson will be fined and suspended by the League, they made his year one pay, $1 million.

So, where does that leave Baker Mayfield?

The Falcons are an F'd up mess.  They've spent the years since their Super Bowl melt down, screwing up the roster, contracts and their salary cap.  They were rated as having one of the least talented rosters in the NFL, and since one of their only stars, Calvin Ridley, is gone for the season for gambling, they apparently decided to tear it all down, and traded QB, Matt Ryan, to the Colts.  Good move for him, though.  The Colts are solid.

Today, it was announced that the KC Chiefs are trading the fastest man in the league, Tyreek Hill, to the Miami Dolphins.  Hill had 111 catches last season and will be an instant upgrade for the Fish.  Now, there will be no excuses for Two-er Tongue Depressor. 

A lot of other moves out there, but those are the biggest I can think of right now.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 03:44:28 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: I Know It's The Off Season...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 03:48:07 PM »
the fastest man in the league, Tyreek Hill

Anthony Schwartz says, "MOTHERFUCKER, WHAT????"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 03:54:16 PM »
Anthony Schwartz says, "MOTHERFUCKER, WHAT????"

Anthony Whooooooo?

Watching those two in a straight line race would be killah.  But, Reek's ability to cut and accelerate is the best I've ever seen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2022, 04:10:55 PM »
Anthony Whooooooo?

Watching those two in a straight line race would be killah.  But, Reek's ability to cut and accelerate is the best I've ever seen.

I'll take that bet.

The usual stakes, Mortimer?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2022, 04:38:55 PM »
I'll take that bet.

The usual stakes, Mortimer?

Here, One Dollar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2022, 05:18:38 PM »
Here, One Dollar.

From reading all of your posts over the years, i thought your usual bet was a blow job!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2022, 05:33:32 PM »
From reading all of your posts over the years, i thought your usual bet was a blow job!

It's a reach around. Sheesh, pay attention.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2022, 12:38:22 AM »
It's a reach around. Sheesh, pay attention.

That’s only when you win…
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2022, 11:41:05 AM »
That’s only when you win…

Oh, I win either way, cowboy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2022, 12:19:44 PM »
Carlton Davis signed a new 3 year deal with the Bucs at $15 million a year.  $30 million guaranteed. 

Matthew Stafford got 3 more years with L.A. at $43 million per year, that includes a $60 million signing bonus.

Sweet Jeebus, there's a shit load of money in the NFL. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2022, 01:58:45 PM »
Carlton Davis signed a new 3 year deal with the Bucs at $15 million a year.  $30 million guaranteed. 

Matthew Stafford got 3 more years with L.A. at $43 million per year, that includes a $60 million signing bonus.

Sweet Jeebus, there's a shit load of money in the NFL.

Way more in the NBA.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2022, 02:17:32 PM »
Way more in the NBA.

The overall revenue for the NFL is over double that of the NBA, but the NBA leads all pro sports in average salary.  Obviously, 12 man rosters compared to 53 in the NFL, makes for a much bigger piece of the pie for each player.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2022, 12:44:20 PM »
Saints resigned Crab Legs...

Time to break out my old paper bag..  The Aints are back!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2022, 02:30:36 PM »
Saints resigned Crab Legs...

Time to break out my old paper bag..  The Aints are back!

I'm really surprised they didn't try to land Russell Wilson or DeShaun Watson. Hell, I'd even take Jimmy Garrafloppafalo over Winston.  If Michael Thomas comes back healthy, they've got a really good roster.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2022, 08:29:14 AM »
Jameis Winston stats (2021): 5-2 record, 1,170 passing yards, 14-3 TD-INT ratio, 102.8 QB rating BEFORE he blew out his knee.

Safe to say Lasik surgery or a change of scenery clearly did that dude some good.

The Saints salary cap issues were the thing I thought would set them back but since the NFL allows that thing to operate like the Fed, it's all made up money anyways.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2022, 12:26:40 PM »
I'm really surprised they didn't try to land Russell Wilson or DeShaun Watson. Hell, I'd even take Jimmy Garrafloppafalo over Winston.  If Michael Thomas comes back healthy, they've got a really good roster.

They did try.  Nobody wanted to be in that cesspool town with a coach who's "taking a break."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.