Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Post Lockout 2022 MLB Thread

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: The Post Lockout 2022 MLB Thread
« Reply #140 on: August 25, 2022, 09:25:43 PM »
BTW, the quietest story in baseball is Braves pitcher, Kyle Wright.  Currently 16-5 with a 2.99 ERA.  144 strike outs.  Anyone outside of the Braves nation heard of him?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #141 on: August 25, 2022, 10:56:10 PM »
He the kid from Alabama that went to Vandy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #142 on: August 26, 2022, 09:43:21 AM »
He the kid from Alabama that went to Vandy?

That he is.

He was on some of those good Vandy teams the back half of the 2010's decade with Dansby Swanson and Walker Buehler.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #143 on: August 29, 2022, 10:22:55 AM »
Braves/Cards give us a preview of some playoff baseball.  Winner of this post season series will play either the Mets or the Cubs in the NLCS for the right to play the O's.

Fun series.  Braves treated the Cards like Auburn gets treated when we play Fuck Georgia.  A walkoff walk for the Cards on Saturday, and then a fun game on Sunday.  Cards tie it up in the 8th, and get two on with no outs with Goldie up.  Braves strike out Goldie, strike out Arenado, and then the most unlikely Card hits a homer to put the redbirds up 6-3.  Hell of a game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #144 on: August 29, 2022, 10:52:22 AM »
Braves/Cards give us a preview of some playoff baseball.  Winner of this post season series will play either the Mets or the Cubs in the NLCS for the right to play the O's.

Fun series.  Braves treated the Cards like Auburn gets treated when we play Fuck Georgia.  A walkoff walk for the Cards on Saturday, and then a fun game on Sunday.  Cards tie it up in the 8th, and get two on with no outs with Goldie up.  Braves strike out Goldie, strike out Arenado, and then the most unlikely Card hits a homer to put the redbirds up 6-3.  Hell of a game.

Braves will NOT go far in October if they keep doing that in innings 6-9. No offense to the Cards because they are a good team but the dodgers and mets will eat their lunch with that type pitching in the latter innings and it won't even be close You have to be able to hold leads and finish off good teams.

And don't look now but the O's are in the thick of the AL Wildcard Race. Let the holy church say Amen y'all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #145 on: August 30, 2022, 09:30:58 AM »
695 for the Machine last night.  He going to do it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #146 on: August 30, 2022, 09:53:11 AM »
695 for the Machine last night.  He going to do it?

I would like to see it He will be appreciated more in 5 years than he has been so far. What he has done in a career has been Mays-esque.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #147 on: August 31, 2022, 09:48:57 AM »
If season ended today:

NL:
No. 1 seed: Los Angeles Dodgers (88-38), first-round bye

No. 2 seed: New York Mets (82-47), first-round bye

No. 3 seed: St. Louis Cardinals (74-54) vs. No. 6 seed: San Diego Padres (70-59)

No. 4 seed: Atlanta Braves (79-50) vs. No. 5 seed: Philadelphia Phillies (72-56)

AL:
No. 1 seed: Houston Astros (82-47), first-round bye

No. 2 seed: New York Yankees (78-50), first-round bye

No. 3 seed: Cleveland Guardians (67-59) vs. No. 6 seed: Toronto Blue Jays (68-58)

No. 4 seed: Tampa Bay Rays (70-57) vs. No. 5 seed: Seattle Mariners (70-58)

In the wild-card races, the Milwaukee Brewers are chasing the San Diego Padres in the NL, while the Baltimore Orioles are just 1.5 behind the Toronto Blue Jays for the final AL spot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #148 on: August 31, 2022, 02:05:46 PM »
I watched part of a regular season MLB game for the first time in several years the other night. 

Braves had a big lead on St. Louis, brought in some softball-player-looking Fattie as a reliever who couldn't get anybody out.  Then he took a line drive off his massive skull and had to leave the game. ATL ended up winning the game, fat-boy had a forehead goose egg that was the size of a donut. 

Atlanta hasn't won since. 

I'm out. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #149 on: August 31, 2022, 04:28:11 PM »
I watched part of a regular season MLB game for the first time in several years the other night. 

Braves had a big lead on St. Louis, brought in some softball-player-looking Fattie as a reliever who couldn't get anybody out.  Then he took a line drive off his massive skull and had to leave the game. ATL ended up winning the game, fat-boy had a forehead goose egg that was the size of a donut. 

Atlanta hasn't won since. 

I'm out.

I like Snit as a mgr but he made some huge blunders with relief pitching the last 4-5 games. Pitching Minter 3 days in a row was the kicker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #150 on: September 04, 2022, 07:22:58 PM »
In his last at bat against the Cubs, Pujols hits #695. A two run bomb to break a scoreless tie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #151 on: September 08, 2022, 11:40:35 AM »
Today, Molina/Waino will tie the MLB record for most starts by a battery. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #152 on: September 13, 2022, 10:10:58 AM »
So with about three weeks left...

Braves 1.5 our of first behind pondscum.

Cards up 8 on Brew Crew.

Dodgers up big on the Padres.

In the Wildcard:  Atlanta, Philly, San Diego..  With SD up 2 on the Brewers. 

Over in the AL
Yanks up 5.5, Tribe up 3, and Astros up 11.5.  O's are 5.5 out of the last wild card spot.

And Pujols sitting on 697.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #153 on: September 13, 2022, 11:06:00 AM »
So with about three weeks left...

Braves 1.5 our of first behind pondscum.

Cards up 8 on Brew Crew.

Dodgers up big on the Padres.

In the Wildcard:  Atlanta, Philly, San Diego..  With SD up 2 on the Brewers. 

Over in the AL
Yanks up 5.5, Tribe up 3, and Astros up 11.5.  O's are 5.5 out of the last wild card spot.

And Pujols sitting on 697.

Love our line up.  Love our starting rotation.  However, suddenly we have nobody who can close out games.  Jansen looks old, slow and very hittable.  No, he doesn't LOOK that way.  He is.  Does not bode well for a playoff run.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #154 on: September 14, 2022, 09:44:09 AM »
Love our line up.  Love our starting rotation.  However, suddenly we have nobody who can close out games.  Jansen looks old, slow and very hittable.  No, he doesn't LOOK that way.  He is.  Does not bode well for a playoff run.

Jansen is a legit head case. Dodgers almost dropped him over it but got him some help via some off time and a good sports shrink. No joke...dude has snakes in his head. And I am in no way making fun of it but if he starts getting fuzzy and losing confidence again, it can spiral out of control this post season. He will suddenly make Will Smith look "stable" as a closer.

Update on the standings:

Braves tied with Mets in the loss column - still .5 GB overall due to the mets having played one more game

Cards up 7 over the Brew Crew.

Yanks up 6 over the Jays and Rays

Cleveland hanging on for dear life over the White Sox

Dodgers are currently already in the 2nd round of the playoffs being 3,921.5 games ahead of the Padres.

Suckassstros still in command in their division over a very good Mariner team who have the 2nd best record in bb since June 1 I think I read.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #155 on: September 14, 2022, 10:10:34 AM »
I don't know that I wouldn't give AJ Minter a shot in the closer role. I'm always uneasy when he comes in the game, but he's quietly had a great season this year, with a .210 ERA.  He also has 5 saves.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2022, 12:26:55 PM »
I don't know that I wouldn't give AJ Minter a shot in the closer role. I'm always uneasy when he comes in the game, but he's quietly had a great season this year, with a .210 ERA.  He also has 5 saves.

Even for just 1 inning, hes proven he can't pitch multiple days in a row. 2 at most. But I wouldn't be against platooning him with Jansen as closer some. Although that makes middle relief weaker. Which was YUGGE for the Braves last Oct.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #157 on: September 14, 2022, 12:34:50 PM »
Tonight, Waino takes the mound vs the Brewers.  He and Molina will set the MLB record for starts by a battery.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #158 on: October 03, 2022, 05:42:54 PM »
Pooh Holes hits a HR in his last regular season home game.  Kudos to Pujols.

The Braves sweep the weekend series against the Mets and are one game away from clinching.  Beat both deGrom and Sherzer in that series.  That made me tingle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #159 on: October 03, 2022, 11:40:39 PM »
Pooh Holes hits a HR in his last regular season home game.  Kudos to Pujols.

The Braves sweep the weekend series against the Mets and are one game away from clinching.  Beat both deGrom and Sherzer in that series.  That made me tingle.

incredible 2 months of baseball for my home team. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions