Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Post Lockout 2022 MLB Thread

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: The Post Lockout 2022 MLB Thread
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2022, 11:24:54 AM »
Roughly 50 games left in the regular season.  As expected, the Dodgers have the best record in MLB.  Not expected, are the Mets having the 2nd best record, ahead of the Yankmee's and Astros.  The Bravos are 20 games over .500 and 7 games back.  We have owned the Mets in recent years.  Now, we're their bitch.  The two have another series coming up in a few days.  If we don't get off our asses, we could be double digit games behind.

Meanwhile, the Phillies are creeping up, having gone 9-1 in their last 15 1/2.  I was told there would be no math.

Cards playing steady and holding the lead in the NL Central. Probably going to have to take the division, because there are teams with better records who will get the wildcards.  Plus, I can see the Padres, (12 games over .500) doing heavy damage down the stretch with the addition of Soto.

With Ozzie Albies being out indefinitely, and now Orlando Arcia out with a hammy, the Braves brought up a young guy, Vaughn Grissom, to play second. 21 years old.  He was putting up sick numbers at Double A, and in his first game last night against the Red Sox, he was 2-4 with  a HR, 2 RBI and a stolen base.  It's one game.  He may go 2 for his next 57. But this is one good looking athlete.  If he pans out anything close to where Michael Harris, another 21 year old, is playing, this team could be set for a long time. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2022, 12:08:24 PM »
Cubbies and Reds in the Field of Dreams game tonight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2022, 01:00:11 PM »
Roughly 50 games left in the regular season.  As expected, the Dodgers have the best record in MLB.  Not expected, are the Mets having the 2nd best record, ahead of the Yankmee's and Astros.  The Bravos are 20 games over .500 and 7 games back.  We have owned the Mets in recent years.  Now, we're their bitch.  The two have another series coming up in a few days.  If we don't get off our asses, we could be double digit games behind.

Meanwhile, the Phillies are creeping up, having gone 9-1 in their last 15 1/2.  I was told there would be no math.

Cards playing steady and holding the lead in the NL Central. Probably going to have to take the division, because there are teams with better records who will get the wildcards.  Plus, I can see the Padres, (12 games over .500) doing heavy damage down the stretch with the addition of Soto.

With Ozzie Albies being out indefinitely, and now Orlando Arcia out with a hammy, the Braves brought up a young guy, Vaughn Grissom, to play second. 21 years old.  He was putting up sick numbers at Double A, and in his first game last night against the Red Sox, he was 2-4 with  a HR, 2 RBI and a stolen base.  It's one game.  He may go 2 for his next 57. But this is one good looking athlete.  If he pans out anything close to where Michael Harris, another 21 year old, is playing, this team could be set for a long time.

They've been their bitch for like 10 weeks of the last 25 years. They are still the nasty ass mets. Sept and Oct are what matter.

Do we honestly think Lindor, Scherzer and DeGrom are going to ALL stay healthy through to the World Series?

Bravos will get Albies back at some point and should be in a good spot to get that wildcard then it gets real. I do not expect them to win it all....thats hard to do back to back, but I also don't expect the Mets to stay hot. Especially not enough to beat the Dodgers. Mets went on a tear to start the season, then the Braves went on one to close it to 1.5 games around the all star break. Now the Mets are on another one. Its ebb n flow. I do worry more about the Phillies than I do the Mets just because a playoff spot is on the line there. Braves just need to get in the dance. Let the Mets and Yankees blow their loads in the regular season.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 01:02:29 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2022, 02:23:04 PM »
Cubbies and Reds in the Field of Dreams game tonight.
A huge battle to see who can stay out of last place in the Central. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2022, 02:34:43 PM »
A huge battle to see who can stay out of last place in the Central.

Pirates have that shit locked down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2022, 03:14:30 PM »

Sucks because I like their setup on the river with PNC Park across the bridge from downtown. One of the better ones ive been to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2022, 03:28:05 PM »

There's still time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2022, 07:43:04 AM »
Cards beat the Rox on the old “hit by pitch walk off.”  Who doesn’t love that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2022, 09:26:14 AM »
Yankmees are tanking. Padres lose Tatis.

Stros and Braves coming into form, Mets still holding steady but starting to lose steam, Dodgers are....well, the Dodgers. Cards are sitting tight but they are gonna need to win that division.

Almost the usual suspects from the last few years other than the Mets
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2022, 10:21:15 AM »
Vaughn Grissom looks the part so far for the Braves.  Yes, it's still very early in his time up, and the key is how he adjusts at the plate when pitchers get a book on him.  If he continues to produce, that probably means the end for Dansby Swanson's time in the ATL.

Grissom is a shortstop, filling in at second while Ozzie is out.  Dansby is coming up on a free agent year, and they ain't plunking down $15 to $20 large on him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2022, 11:15:52 AM »
BTW, the Braves locked up Michael Harris for 8 years at an average of $9 mil per. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2022, 02:09:44 PM »
BTW, the Braves locked up Michael Harris for 8 years at an average of $9 mil per.

Damn, reigning champs, and looking towards the future too.  That's got to make you happier than showering with a long snapper.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2022, 02:26:05 PM »
Damn, reigning champs, and looking towards the future too.  That's got to make you happier than showering with a long snapper.

Whoa whoa whoa, I wouldn't go that far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2022, 02:30:32 PM »

you aint lying...I mean wait, what?

I do like how they are built. AA has to be the best GM in the business right now. Dodgers and Mets are OLD, and just spend copious amounts of money.

To me, its still amazing the redbirds just seem to be there every year - regardless of mgr, roster, etc. Pretty stout. Same with Rays recently. Would be some shit if the Rays caught the Yankees. Down to single digits now.

How would you like to be the Padres though? 12 games over .500 and you just land Soto, wild card in tow, and Dodgers were not terribly far away when that happened.

And now you look up a few weeks later, and Tatis is gone for the year and the Dodgers are about to be 20 games up on them  :rofl: has to be demoralizing to be 17-18 games back being 12 games over .500 though.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 02:32:06 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2022, 02:47:54 PM »
you aint lying...I mean wait, what?

I do like how they are built. AA has to be the best GM in the business right now. Dodgers and Mets are OLD, and just spend copious amounts of money.

To me, its still amazing the redbirds just seem to be there every year - regardless of mgr, roster, etc. Pretty stout. Same with Rays recently. Would be some shit if the Rays caught the Yankees. Down to single digits now.

How would you like to be the Padres though? 12 games over .500 and you just land Soto, wild card in tow, and Dodgers were not terribly far away when that happened.

And now you look up a few weeks later, and Tatis is gone for the year and the Dodgers are about to be 20 games up on them  :rofl: has to be demoralizing to be 17-18 games back being 12 games over .500 though.

Yep.  Cards are easily the most consistent franchise in all pro sports.  They're always in contention.  Not just recently, but seemingly for decades. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #115 on: August 17, 2022, 03:07:28 PM »
Fuck baseball.

That is all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2022, 03:17:58 PM »
Fuck baseball.

That is all.

Wait...are you saying you're not keeping your calendar open for the World Series clash between the Cardinals and Yankees?  Must watch TV!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2022, 05:08:49 PM »
Yep.  Cards are easily the most consistent franchise in all pro sports.  They're always in contention.  Not just recently, but seemingly for decades.

I just wish we'd hire Boom back....can you imagine the D he would....

wait, never mind, wrong crazy delusional auburn thread.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #118 on: August 18, 2022, 01:11:00 PM »
Wait...are you saying you're not keeping your calendar open for the World Series clash between the Cardinals and Yankees?  Must watch TV!!!!

I hate you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #119 on: August 18, 2022, 03:29:01 PM »
I hate you.

You'll have to excuse my friend SnaggyNoNuts......what he meant was - STROS vs Cards. Not Yankees. Silly Snags.

That better JH?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE