Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Post Lockout 2022 MLB Thread

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: The Post Lockout 2022 MLB Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2022, 08:55:50 AM »
Well, the good news is that I have lots more free time this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2022, 11:18:28 AM »

We're only 3 games under .500, so things are really looking up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2022, 01:32:27 PM »

Really going to make you happy when you realize that baseball season goes right into college football season...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2022, 02:32:34 PM »
Really going to make you happy when you realize that baseball season goes right into college football season...
Thanks for that.  Looks like I'll be getting a bunch of those big yard projects done this year on Saturdays too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2022, 01:51:06 PM »
Early June seems late for the first Cards/Cubs series of the year.  On the schedule, it shows a handful of day/night double headers in Wrigley, with a "rescheduled from 4/4" comment (on 6/4)  and rescheduled from 4/6 (on 8/23).

Were those games originally set for opening weekend, and then got moved because of the lock out?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2022, 01:59:17 PM »
Early June seems late for the first Cards/Cubs series of the year.  On the schedule, it shows a handful of day/night double headers in Wrigley, with a "rescheduled from 4/4" comment (on 6/4)  and rescheduled from 4/6 (on 8/23).

Were those games originally set for opening weekend, and then got moved because of the lock out?
I believe so
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2022, 12:27:12 PM »
I'm getting back on my Braves soap box again.  They either need to fire hitting Coach, Kevin Seitzer, or Snitker needs to demand a different approach at the plate.  They've struck out 16 times in each of the last two games.  They lead MLB in strikeouts.  These are professional players....with uniforms and everything.

I love Chip Caray and pretty much the whole crew.  It's like listening to the Auburn broadcast team.  Just feels like family.  I love the familiarity.  But I've gotten sick of the approach.  I've said it several times above.  Every inning, it's, "If we can get a blast here....". "Just need a couple on and a deep one...".  And that's echoed by whoever is color commentating. It's like that's the attitude of the whole organization, maybe baseball to a certain extent. 

Every pitcher throws 97.  Every batter comes out of his cleats on every swing.  How about a sacrifice bunt?  How about hitting it to the right side to move a runner on second over?  Why not put the hit and run on where the batter has to make contact regardless? 

It's getting hard to watch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2022, 04:44:41 PM »
Maybe you need to sacrifice a chicken or two?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2022, 05:15:02 PM »
Maybe you need to sacrifice a chicken or two?

Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straight ball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats... He will come.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2022, 09:42:24 AM »
Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straight ball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats... He will come.

Well 3-0 isn't terrible.  I mean, we can't all be Cubbies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2022, 03:03:57 PM »
Right at 25%, or 372/915ths of the season played.  Honestly, no real surprises, other than maybe the Mets, sitting there with an 8 game lead without deGrom and Scherzer.  But then, the East looks to be brutal again this year.  The Braves are playing just like last year, struggling to reach .500.  They made the right acquisitions late last year, and got hot at the perfect time.  They weren't the best team, but they played in a shitty division, and had things come together late. 

The Brew Crew are doing exactly what they've done for what seems like the last decade.  Teh Cards look like they can keep pace, but that's not the greatest overall division either.  Cubbies playing a little better, going 6-4 in their last 10.

Dodgers and Padres are probably the class of the NL.  They've certainly spent the money to get there. 

In the AL, it appears to be the usual suspects.  The Yanks (30-13) have destroyed it early, while the Rays (25-17) just seem to always be right within striking distance.  That has slowly become an incredibly consistent franchise.  Houston hasn't fallen off, and the Angels may finally have a decent ball club, sitting at 27-17.

It's still early, and I'm still having trouble getting chub over a team that wins 1, loses 2, wins 2, loses 2.....
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 03:05:57 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2022, 05:21:44 PM »
Out of the SEC tourney with a whimper.  3-1 loss to the 12th seed, Kentucky. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2022, 11:03:50 PM »
Out of the SEC tourney with a whimper.  3-1 loss to the 12th seed, Kentucky.

That game sucked so bad, it deserves to be bitched and moaned about like it’s an mlb game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2022, 12:12:58 PM »
That game sucked so bad, it deserves to be bitched and moaned about like it’s an mlb game.

What do you mean, it deserves to be......oh wait....I see what you did there.

I was in a hurry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
AUJarhead,
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2022, 01:04:05 PM »
June 1:

Braves, 10.5 back at 23-27.

Cards, 3 back at 28-21.
Cubs, 11 back at 20-29.

Waino pitches a gem last night, 7ip, 2 H, 0 R, 10K...  and gets a no decision because in the 8th, Cards give up 2.  At least Pujols walks it off in the 10th.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2022, 09:50:45 AM »
The Red Birds are about to take over first in the Central. 7-3 in their last 10. The Braves go on a 7-3 run as well, and finally get a game over .500 for the first time this year.  However, the Mets went 8-2 in that same stretch, so we lost a game. 

The Reds started playing better after that epically bad start, but now have won more games (18) than the Royals. (17)

BTW, Joey Votto is an incredibly funny interview.  He was on Dan Patrick's show again last week.  Patrick asked him what was the worst walk-up music he'd ever heard.  Votto said for a short time, he was using the SNL skit with Will Ferrell.  Got my tight pants on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2022, 11:29:06 AM »
I saw a strange headline.  Apparently, Yadi puts out more than any player in history.

Congrats????
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2022, 02:28:08 PM »
I bitched about this to Jar/Buzz last night, but my tighty whities are still in a bunch.  The Braves did win with a walk off single last night, but to hear the post-game announcers say, “Snitker pushed all the right buttons”, gives me the gout.

If you have a tie game in the bottom of the 8th, you get your first two men on with no outs.  The two fastest guys on the team, BTW.  Your second place hitter at the plate.  One of the best closers in the game ready to pitch the 9th.  FOR GAWD SAKE, sacrifice the runners over.  You have 2nd and 3rd with one out and a simple fly ball basically gives you the game.  A ground out to the right side gives you the game.  You think any of that ever crossed Snitker’s brilliant baseball mind?  Hell no.  Bam….shot to the shortstop.  Double play.  Next batter, fly out that would have given you the game.

This is not football, where you holler WTF are you doing continuing to rush 3 while they’ve scored 35 straight points on you.  It’s not basketball where you complain that we’re taking way too many outside shots and need to get the ball inside.  This is Baseball For Dummies 101.  But, I guess the fans didn’t come to see you do something boring like bunt.  It’s swing so fucking hard at every pitch that you spin around and hit the ump with the bat. 

I’ve been on this soap box this entire season.  It’s not going to change.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2022, 03:09:24 PM »
I bitched about this to Jar/Buzz last night, but my tighty whities are still in a bunch.  The Braves did win with a walk off single last night, but to hear the post-game announcers say, “Snitker pushed all the right buttons”, gives me the gout.

If you have a tie game in the bottom of the 8th, you get your first two men on with no outs.  The two fastest guys on the team, BTW.  Your second place hitter at the plate.  One of the best closers in the game ready to pitch the 9th.  FOR GAWD SAKE, sacrifice the runners over.  You have 2nd and 3rd with one out and a simple fly ball basically gives you the game.  A ground out to the right side gives you the game.  You think any of that ever crossed Snitker’s brilliant baseball mind?  Hell no.  Bam….shot to the shortstop.  Double play.  Next batter, fly out that would have given you the game.

This is not football, where you holler WTF are you doing continuing to rush 3 while they’ve scored 35 straight points on you.  It’s not basketball where you complain that we’re taking way too many outside shots and need to get the ball inside.  This is Baseball For Dummies 101.  But, I guess the fans didn’t come to see you do something boring like bunt.  It’s swing so fucking hard at every pitch that you spin around and hit the ump with the bat. 

I’ve been on this soap box this entire season.  It’s not going to change.   

It's all ball bearings launch angles and exit velocity now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2022, 03:23:56 PM »
It's all ball bearings launch angles and exit velocity now.

And that's another thing, you young whipper snappers.  Give me the batting average, HR's and RBI's.  Tell me about his stolen bases, doubles, walks and sacrifices.  I don't even know what WISP and FLISP and LGBTQLMNOP mean.  That ball came off his bat at 112 m.p.h. 

Your point?  Did he get a hit?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions