Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Post Lockout 2022 MLB Thread

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: The Post Lockout 2022 MLB Thread
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2022, 04:42:49 PM »
I bitched about this to Jar/Buzz last night, but my tighty whities are still in a bunch.  The Braves did win with a walk off single last night, but to hear the post-game announcers say, “Snitker pushed all the right buttons”, gives me the gout.

If you have a tie game in the bottom of the 8th, you get your first two men on with no outs.  The two fastest guys on the team, BTW.  Your second place hitter at the plate.  One of the best closers in the game ready to pitch the 9th.  FOR GAWD SAKE, sacrifice the runners over.  You have 2nd and 3rd with one out and a simple fly ball basically gives you the game.  A ground out to the right side gives you the game.  You think any of that ever crossed Snitker’s brilliant baseball mind?  Hell no.  Bam….shot to the shortstop.  Double play.  Next batter, fly out that would have given you the game.

This is not football, where you holler WTF are you doing continuing to rush 3 while they’ve scored 35 straight points on you.  It’s not basketball where you complain that we’re taking way too many outside shots and need to get the ball inside.  This is Baseball For Dummies 101.  But, I guess the fans didn’t come to see you do something boring like bunt.  It’s swing so fucking hard at every pitch that you spin around and hit the ump with the bat. 

I’ve been on this soap box this entire season.  It’s not going to change.   

You tell em Uncle Rico.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE