Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Post Lockout 2022 MLB Thread

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: The Post Lockout 2022 MLB Thread
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2022, 01:29:45 PM »
Drafted Goldschmidt on my fantasy team last night, so he's destined to have a career worst year!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2022, 01:46:55 PM »
Drafted Goldschmidt on my fantasy team last night, so he's destined to have a career worst year!

So one of two things will happen.

1) He will blow his knee out tomorrow, and be done for the year.
or
2) I'll send you a STL hat.  You want Red or Blue?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2022, 02:03:44 PM »
So one of two things will happen.

1) He will blow his knee out tomorrow, and be done for the year.
or
2) I'll send you a STL hat.  You want Red or Blue?
I'm partial to blue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2022, 02:51:07 PM »
They were doing a preseason show from the booth right outside Truist Park last night.  I was eating that shizzit up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2022, 03:45:36 PM »
They were doing a preseason show from the booth right outside Truist Park last night.  I was eating that shizzit up.

I live about 25 minutes north of there. I have only been inside the stadium for a college football game...
I did eat at Wallburgers in the battry once...does that count?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2022, 03:52:25 PM »
I live about 25 minutes north of there. I have only been inside the stadium for a college football game...
I did eat at Wallburgers in the battry once...does that count?

It counts for more than I've done.  I still haven't been.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2022, 05:02:59 PM »
It counts for more than I've done.  I still haven't been.

Im staying in the battery complex in June for teh Def Leppard/Poison/Crue concert there. Gonna get wild. But at least I won't get mugged by guys selling fake Bravos merchandise and Sams Choice Waters from Rotting Coolers on the sidewalk like Turner Field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2022, 01:38:17 AM »
Im staying in the battery complex in June for teh Def Leppard/Poison/Crue concert there. Gonna get wild. But at least I won't get mugged by guys selling fake Bravos merchandise and Sams Choice Waters from Rotting Coolers on the sidewalk like Turner Field.
Ahhh…the memories.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2022, 08:44:57 AM »
Fulton County Stadium scoffs at those wannabees.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2022, 05:12:15 PM »
Pujols got a shot at 700?  He's at 681.  Hit one in the first homestand, and then another yesterday in Milwaukee.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2022, 02:30:02 PM »
Pujols got a shot at 700?  He's at 681.  Hit one in the first homestand, and then another yesterday in Milwaukee.

He's averaged almost 18 a year over his last 5 seasons. So yeah, 700 is very doable. That would be an incredible milestone to go out on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2022, 05:48:56 PM »
Being that the Braves are playing much like they did for 60%, or 239/427th of the season last year, I’ve been a little disinterested so far.  I’m watching some, and always checking on the score if I’m not watching.  But the other night against LA is another reason I’m having trouble getting semi-chub about the game.  I turn it on and the Braves are down 1-0.  Early innings, and they have a runner on 2nd with nobody out.  Austin Riley at the plate.  Strikes out on a swing that would have disabled a tank.  Next batter, same thing.  Last batter, mighty swing trying to hit the Hollywood sign.  Pop up to the infield.  Runner never even advanced.

The home run or nothing approach to the game is maddening.  There is no coaching.  There is no skill at the plate.  Doesn’t matter the situation, just swing for the fences.  Even the announcers have that same mentality.  They constantly talk about, “Well, if Ozzie can get a hold of one here….”.  They’re still using those goofy ass shifts and putting everyone on one side of the infield.  Just bunt the F’n ball to the opposite side.  You’re on.  But no.  That would mean I have to do something other than come out of my cleats with a gargantuan swing.

Maddening.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2022, 03:41:56 PM »
The 7-9 Cubbies, and 7-10 Braves open a series tonight.

Two Care Bears pillow fighting.

Pew Pew Pew
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2022, 05:08:17 PM »
The 7-9 Cubbies, and 7-10 Braves open a series tonight.

Two Care Bears pillow fighting.

Pew Pew Pew
It will be a most ripping victory
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2022, 05:32:14 PM »
It will be a most ripping victory

Son, I'm only gonna' tell you this one time...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2022, 11:26:22 AM »
Pew Pew Pew
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2022, 03:30:49 PM »
We suck!!!

That is all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2022, 12:24:06 PM »
So about a month in, here are some standings:

Cards (15-10) sit 2.5 back from the Brewers.
Cubs (9-15) are 8 back from Milwaukee

And the Reds, if you aren't paying attention, are 3-22 (.120 winning percentage), and are serious contenders to break the Spiders record of futility (20-134 or about .149).  We're all rooting for you, Cincy!

Barves sitting at 12-15, and 6.5 back from Pond Scum.

Dodgers leading the West by 1/2 game on the Padres.

Over in the AL, The O's are tied with the Red Sox.  So that's great for Baltimore, but not so much for the BoSox.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2022, 10:23:12 PM »
Yankees win.

That is all.

( and if you haven't seen the braves in their new park, well you're just a putz.....wonderful wonderful venue....eapecially for a WS Game 4😁😁😁)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 10:26:25 PM by eagleair89 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2022, 01:33:09 AM »
Yankees win.

That is all.

( and if you haven't seen the braves in their new park, well you're just a putz.....wonderful wonderful venue....eapecially for a WS Game 4😁😁😁)

Meh. I quit going around the time mlb woke up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions