Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

War Eagle Ball

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
War Eagle Ball
« on: February 17, 2022, 03:58:16 PM »
The Tigers open the season tomorrow (18th) out in Arlington, Texas.  They'll play 3 games against Oklahoma, #12 Texas Tech, and finish with Kansas State.

The remainder of the OOC schedule is the usual, uninspiring garbage.  That may be where they have to pick up most of their wins, because they are predicted to be at the bottom of the conference again this year.  Plus, the SEC appears to be loaded again, with 4 of the top 5 teams in the preseason poll being from this conference.

Probably won't help the talent level, but just past the right field wall, they opened a hitting center, donated by Josh Donaldson.  Went in before one of the football games this year.  Pretty cool place, but really just some glorified, indoor batting cages. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: War Eagle Ball
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2022, 10:00:18 AM »
The War Eagles took 2 out of 3 games out in Texas this weekend.  Lost the opener to Oklahoma, then beat #12 Texas Tech and destroyed Kansas State 12-1.  Only allowed 5 total runs in the 3 games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
eagleair89,
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 10:13:08 AM »
Next game is tomorrow against Troy in Auburn.  I noticed the SEC slate has 30 games, but does not include Missouri, Florida or FUGA.  Unfortunately, it does have series against 5 teams in the top 10.  But, that's always the case in the SEC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2022, 03:08:22 PM »
The Fighting War Eagles popped the Condoms 13-1.  Good to see them playing so good in the early season, but I don't get too hyped. They pretty much did the same thing last season, and even scored over 30 runs in one game.  Then the SEC schedule started. 

Damn is there a sport this conference doesn't not suck in?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2022, 04:51:07 PM »
Damn is there a sport this conference doesn't not suck in?

Hockey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2022, 05:04:36 PM »
Hockey.

That's just because we don't want to not suck in hockey.  If we wanted to not suck, we wouldn't not suck.

Wait...what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2022, 10:10:22 AM »
Yale comes in for a 3 game set, starting this afternoon.  Hopefully, Muffy and Biff can make it down to cheer on the Bulldogs. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2022, 01:42:21 PM »
Yale comes in for a 3 game set, starting this afternoon.  Hopefully, Muffy and Biff can make it down to cheer on the Bulldogs.

Oh yeah. Well sterling chet hopkins IV is gonna come down here with his scarf and Range Rover and whip your lawyering ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2022, 04:41:48 PM »
The good guys go to 6-2 with a 13-7 win over Alabama State.  Most runs they've given up this year, but I'm thinking they used the bottom of their rotation for some, or all of the game. They had a 9-2 lead going into the 6th and got rocked pretty good the next two innings.

UAB comes in tonight, then Rhode Island this weekend for a 5 game set. Double Headers on Saturday and Sunday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2022, 04:44:11 PM »
The good guys go to 6-2 with a 13-7 win over Alabama State.  Most runs they've given up this year, but I'm thinking they used the bottom of their rotation for some, or all of the game. They had a 9-2 lead going into the 6th and got rocked pretty good the next two innings.

UAB comes in tonight, then Rhode Island this weekend for a 5 game set. Double Headers on Saturday and Sunday.
5 games against the Blue Rams?  Must be trying to bump up the SOS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2022, 08:25:37 PM »
5 games against the Blue Rams?  Must be trying to bump up the SOS.

At this time of year, those Yankees want to play as many as possible down south!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2022, 09:57:09 AM »
The Tigers go off for a 16-1 win over the Birmingham University Blazers, who have a cool dragon as a mascot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2022, 10:45:34 AM »
The Tigers go off for a 16-1 win over the Birmingham University Blazers, who have a cool dragon as a mascot.
Blaze...which is also what most students do right before class too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2022, 11:12:33 AM »
Blaze...which is also what most students do right before class too.

All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2022, 12:30:07 PM »
Auburn takes the first 3 games of the 5 game series.  Yesterday had the Tiggers winning 16-0 and 12-0. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2022, 10:50:56 AM »
Tigers got 11-2 with a 4 game sweep of Rhode Island.  I read the schedule wrong and thought they had 5 games this weekend.  However, in 4 games, Auburn pitching gave up a grand total of 3 runs, while scoring Eleventy Skwazillion themselves.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2022, 09:31:24 AM »
Now at 12-2 with a late 4-3 comeback win over Tennessee Tech.  I kind of shrugged off TT, thinking it was just a mid week game against a small program. But I was curious...and Bi...so I Google Chromed Tech.  Not so fast, my friend. Last night was their first loss.  Tech was 10-0 coming in.  They had a game suspended late due to weather against Tennessee, who is pretty damn good this year, with UT leading 5-4. So, looks like a good win. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2022, 01:15:44 PM »
Now at 12-2 with a late 4-3 comeback win over Tennessee Tech.  I kind of shrugged off TT, thinking it was just a mid week game against a small program. But I was curious...and Bi...so I Google Chromed Tech.  Not so fast, my friend. Last night was their first loss.  Tech was 10-0 coming in.  They had a game suspended late due to weather against Tennessee, who is pretty damn good this year, with UT leading 5-4. So, looks like a good win.

I was at that game and we played ok.  Our pitching is not a strong point and I guess we should have known that coming into the year.  I think Butch said if the pitching comes around we can make some noise.  It really showed this past weekend.  We lost the series to MTSU 1-3.  MTSU is 7-10 overall and 9 of those losses are bad!  I mean really BAD!  I'm hoping that Huddy can pull a rabbit out of his hat but it looks gloomy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2022, 11:29:18 AM »
The Tigers open SEC play today with a 3 game set against #1 Ole Miss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2022, 09:21:21 PM »
The Tigers open SEC play today with a 3 game set against #1 Ole Miss.

Top of 6 and I swear I saw the bad news bears put on an AU hat…
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.