Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hate to Say It

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Hate to Say It
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2022, 03:04:51 PM »

Is today really going to end with a zero on the books?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2022, 03:06:40 PM »
I know there's a signing day forum, but since we're not signing anybody, I'll continue the talk. 

When you look at the current 247 rankings, it doesn't come off as bad as it seems.  The top 3, A&M, Bama and FUGA...along with #5 Texas, all have 27 or more signings. (I thought 25 was the max, but who knows?)

It's disheartening to see that Kentucky and Missouri landed at #12 and #13 respectively, while we sit at 18th. Auburn has 18 signees, 10 of which are 4*.  LSU is right in front of us at #16, but only have 14 in the class.  Gusty Gaytah is behind us at #20 with only 16 signees.  So realistically, we're about middle of the class in the SEC.

The problem for me is this.  No damn way we should not have filled out this class today.  We have MAJOR needs on the offensive line, but still have the one recruit. We needed to find a stud receiver and a few more bodies on the D-line after 8 of them left.  We've had 20 total leave the program and we did nothing.

As one of my many "inside sources" in Auburn put it today, "Either he doesn't want to recruit, or he doesn't know how."  (By inside source, I mean the guy busing tables at Chappy's Deli in Auburn)   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2022, 05:09:52 PM »
Let me know how many players of need (think, Olinemen and receivers) we got in the portal, and how many of our targets we sign today. It won't take you long to type that response. It'll be 0 on both questions.

Those are absolute whiffs and there is no way to spin that. I wish I could. I usually try to.

Shit, today is signing day?  Ha....totally missed that.

#basketballschool
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2022, 07:21:27 PM »
Shit, today is signing day?  Ha....totally missed that.

#basketballschool

That’s what is sad wes. It’s like we didn’t notice or care. That’s telling.

But yeah, lord Bruce will take the pain away for a while. Thank god for that man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2022, 07:29:23 PM »
Speaking of things you hate to say.. Our fans can be just as stupid, ignorant, moronic, and fucktarded as those across the state. 

"Hay, ya'll. Whatchu thank if we jest cut bait on Herbins today?  I mean Will Muschamp's settin' out thar and yew know he'd run back to us. I mean mebbe it ain't no long term thang, but if we can stop gap him in there for like maybe a coupla years and get some of them folks back like Rodney Garner and them?  Mebbe we can tarn this thang around perty quick.  Whatchu thank?

I hate them almost as much as I do the brain-dead hillbillies that run behind that other team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2022, 07:40:17 PM »
Speaking of things you hate to say.. Our fans can be just as stupid, ignorant, moronic, and fucktarded as those across the state. 

"Hay, ya'll. Whatchu thank if we jest cut bait on Herbins today?  I mean Will Muschamp's settin' out thar and yew know he'd run back to us. I mean mebbe it ain't no long term thang, but if we can stop gap him in there for like maybe a coupla years and get some of them folks back like Rodney Garner and them?  Mebbe we can tarn this thang around perty quick.  Whatchu thank?

I hate them almost as much as I do the brain-dead hillbillies that run behind that other team.

That’s as moronic as those that are 100% sunshine pumping. Polar opposite but just as stupid.

Not to channel my inner snags but I swear I will cut the next person who says Muschamp needs to replace harsin. Sick of the obsession with him as a head coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2022, 09:36:22 PM »
Anyone with any sense knows we are going to have to hit the portal hard. And the portal will fill up AFTER spring training.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2022, 08:17:49 AM »
Anyone with any sense knows we are going to have to hit the portal hard. And the portal will fill up AFTER spring training.

The issue there is those late portal additions won’t be here til summer. I’m just losing faith that this staff can get our team any players of need via the portal. We’ve whiffed on so many so far that it’s not funny. What will change? We’ve got a pretty solid NIL program in place with a very driven, and pretty blonde as the bag lady. And it’s done nothing yet in this regard.I’m not giving up on them but I’m definitely in a state of “Missouri”. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2022, 08:18:36 AM »

Preparing myself to watch our lines of scrimmage get it pushed in - HARD - the next couple of seasons. It's thin, Riggs. Thin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2022, 09:39:10 AM »
Preparing myself to watch our lines of scrimmage get it pushed in - HARD - the next couple of seasons. It's thin, Riggs. Thin.

Even with 8 transfers out, the DLine still has a 3 full platoons.

Whatchu talkin bout, Willis?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2022, 09:54:50 AM »
Not sure what the hell is happening here, but I seem to be turning into a sunshine pumper.

7 Seniors on the OL, I believe 2 of which are "super seniors" in their 6th year.  If they can get someone to teach them to run block, should be serviceable in 2022.  Going forward though...Hellcat better hit the portal and recruiting trail hard.

3 proven returners at DE and a FR to get in the mix is not deep, but barring injury would be fine.

3 returners at DL along with a big transfer and 3 big'uns coming in as FR/SO as 'cruits is plenty of depth there.

Also let me note that other than Pegues, all the guys on the DL who have hit the portal didn't actually end up on playoff bound teams either. 

I'm not naïve enough to think this group will win the SEC in 22, but probably good enough to win 7-9 games and hopefully trend in a better direction by seasons end.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2022, 01:09:59 PM »
Not sure what the hell is happening here, but I seem to be turning into a sunshine pumper.

7 Seniors on the OL, I believe 2 of which are "super seniors" in their 6th year.  If they can get someone to teach them to run block, should be serviceable in 2022.  Going forward though...Hellcat better hit the portal and recruiting trail hard.

3 proven returners at DE and a FR to get in the mix is not deep, but barring injury would be fine.

3 returners at DL along with a big transfer and 3 big'uns coming in as FR/SO as 'cruits is plenty of depth there.

Also let me note that other than Pegues, all the guys on the DL who have hit the portal didn't actually end up on playoff bound teams either. 

I'm not naïve enough to think this group will win the SEC in 22, but probably good enough to win 7-9 games and hopefully trend in a better direction by seasons end.

This guy gets it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2022, 01:13:01 PM »

The D will be fine.

Its the OL and WRs people worry about, and rightfully so. Moreso the WRs for me. I have to think the light will come on for some of those guys that have been in the system that long. But again, Missouri. The most concerning thing though, is beyond 2022 on BOTH Lines. Thats where this past recruiting class is going to bite us in the ass without portal transfers or a HUGE haul for this upcoming NSD class.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2022, 11:56:15 PM »
I see our fans tonight falling all over themselves to nominate Deion Sanders as the next head coach when Harsin is (according to the pissed off beat writers and pseudo-journalists who've been banned from the facility) inevitably fired by week's end. 

Our people kill me.  They really do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2022, 01:27:44 AM »
I see our fans tonight falling all over themselves to nominate Deion Sanders as the next head coach when Harsin is (according to the pissed off beat writers and pseudo-journalists who've been banned from the facility) inevitably fired by week's end. 

Freaking millennials who never went through the lean years. They are more like bammers than they know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2022, 08:55:43 AM »

Coach Prime does know how to work the NIL and kiss the ring...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 10:40:05 AM by Buzz Killington »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2022, 09:15:18 AM »
Coach Prime does now how to work the NIL and kiss the ring...

Plus, he can probably get the entire staff set up with some sweet Aflac Disability policies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2022, 11:16:29 AM »

Real question though.....

And I don't disagree our fans and PTB are schizo but what did any fan or PTB do to cause any of Harsin's missteps since Oct 30, 2021?

I personally think Deion would do well IFFIN were going all hypothetical. For several reasons, but mainly recruiting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2022, 11:19:06 AM »

what did any fan or PTB do to cause any of Harsin's missteps since Oct 30, 2021?

What missteps are we talking about, specifically?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2022, 11:59:31 AM »
What missteps are we talking about, specifically?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions