Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hate to Say It

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Hate to Say It
« on: February 01, 2022, 07:10:48 AM »
Hate to say this because I really want this to work, but it appears our wizard-behind-the-curtains powers are never going to let Harsin succeed. Couple that with his personality - hard working, dig heels in, do it my way - and we have a simple fit that's never going to have time to work. I won't be surprised by any timeline on the exit. Seem inevitable now. So this is how the Vols football fans have felt for 30 years...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Hate to Say It
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 07:43:15 AM »
Harsin is a good coach. But he was doomed from the start. The Steele stuff was the beginning. Adag pissed off the meddlers highly by hiring harsin.

And when you are not the favorite of those behind the curtain, you almost have to endear yourself to the fans and others to make up for it. And harsin doesn’t have that type of personality.

He would be good to say F this shit and head back to boise. They would welcome him. And I wouldn’t blame him. Our powers that be deserve a retard goober like Gus. A beta male they can control. Harsin ain’t that guy.

His biggest mistake I think was not just going with the guys he trusts and taking his lumps year 1 and making traction beyond that. Now year 2 is year 1 in that regard. Bobo and mason were forced retreads. A staff of mostly boise guys (with a proven track record and loyalty) with a few young and hungry sec/auburn ace recruiters (Carnell, Zack, trovon) was the right formula from day 1. Now that’s where he is. He’s really at a spot now where he should have been a year ago. But the leash got shorter over the last year.

I do think he can weather this storm. But I’m not sure if our ptb or harsin himself will want to see it to fruition. He has seen what we’re all about. The dysfunctional dumpster fire behind the scenes that we have been for a while.

Thank God for lord Bruce.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 07:50:43 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
oldautiger,
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 08:38:08 AM »
I wonder to myself if the bammer fans got to this point with Saban in 2007/2008? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 09:43:20 AM »
Must be a bunch of adolescent patelli in here.

Lotta knee-jerkin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 09:50:52 AM »

Lotta knee-jerkin.

Make no mistake - I'm not good with this. I want Harsin and his way to succeed. Just reading the leaves of the JABA tree and it appears that will not be allowed to happen. THEY are gonna have their way no matter what.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2022, 10:17:24 AM »
Make no mistake - I'm not good with this. I want Harsin and his way to succeed. Just reading the leaves of the JABA tree and it appears that will not be allowed to happen. THEY are gonna have their way no matter what.

I figure they won't go quietly, but that grip has (via optics, only) slipped dramatically.  AG is out front, winning the PR war...building political capital.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2022, 12:35:14 PM »
I figure they won't go quietly, but that grip has (via optics, only) slipped dramatically.  AG is out front, winning the PR war...building political capital.
He definitely added a few bricks to his tower on Friday night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2022, 01:10:26 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2022, 03:09:39 PM »
Got a text from GH earlier saying Joko Willis is following the yellow brick road out of town.  I haven't seen anything on it, but if true, that's 20 who have hit the portal, with only 5 players who have transferred in.

I don't know about Austin Davis' situation.  There's no reason not to take him at his word and accept that something came up in his life that made him want to step away from football. I don't think you can point the finger at Harmin on that, but the fact remains that for whatever the reasons, he's having to replace his 3rd coordinator in just over a year. 

Davis was an odd hire to me anyway.  Zero experience as an OC, but he's coming to the SEC West to do just that.  I guess conventional wisdom was that Hatpin was going to run the offense while Davis was brought in to develop the QB's. Maybe that's CBH's thing, and he's good at it.  But I've never been a fan of the head corch at this level being the coordinator too.  But, what do I know?

My main point in the Changes thread, was that if we're sitting here this time next year discussing the same exodus of players and coaches, there needs to be some eyebrows raised and some serious questions asked.  But right now, all we can do is ride it out and hope this is one big weeding out process, and Bryman Hartlinz can get the ship headed in the right direction. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2022, 03:24:40 PM »
Got a text from GH earlier saying Joko Willis is following the yellow brick road out of town.  I haven't seen anything on it, but if true, that's 20 who have hit the portal, with only 5 players who have transferred in.

I don't know about Austin Davis' situation.  There's no reason not to take him at his word and accept that something came up in his life that made him want to step away from football. I don't think you can point the finger at Harmin on that, but the fact remains that for whatever the reasons, he's having to replace his 3rd coordinator in just over a year. 

Davis was an odd hire to me anyway.  Zero experience as an OC, but he's coming to the SEC West to do just that.  I guess conventional wisdom was that Hatpin was going to run the offense while Davis was brought in to develop the QB's. Maybe that's CBH's thing, and he's good at it.  But I've never been a fan of the head corch at this level being the coordinator too.  But, what do I know?

My main point in the Changes thread, was that if we're sitting here this time next year discussing the same exodus of players and coaches, there needs to be some eyebrows raised and some serious questions asked.  But right now, all we can do is ride it out and hope this is one big weeding out process, and Bryman Hartlinz can get the ship headed in the right direction.

Its becoming clear that Harbingy is not on board with the southern athletic culture.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2022, 08:49:25 PM »

Lotta knee-jerkin.

There are “things” going on whether anyone likes it or not. And it’s worth acknowledging. No one is knee jerking anything.

But it’s obvious even to ray charles that the fb program is on a good run of bad luck since the early signing period in mid Dec.

The Saban 2007 and harsin 2022 situations are very different. Much of that to do with boosters and control. Harsin never had that same fair shake. Combine that with his standoffish type personality and it’s not a good combo in righting the ship of what was already a downward trending program when Gus was fired.

The point above was that a lot is going wrong. Some of it on harsin. Some of it not. His style, being an outsider, Personality, etc - is a bad mix for what was already a bad situation with the “Steele money people”. I hope he can right this ship. I really do. But it’s gonna be an uphill climb for sure. He needs some kind of good news at the moment. Anything really. Going back to mid dec, it’s been one bad thing after another bobo, bowl loss, mason, eason, portal whiff, nsd whiff, Austin Davis - and it’s just a terrible look. Some of that’s not on him but… Perception can become reality as we know in this sport.

He’s gotta fix this very very quickly.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 08:54:33 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2022, 08:51:42 PM »

It’s still there wes. Make no mistake. I prematurely declared jaba with one foot in the grave Friday after the deal with lord Bruce. It may be in that regard. But they are meddling as bad as they ever have in the football program.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2022, 09:39:48 AM »
portal whiff, nsd whiff,

Maybe I'm blocking it out, but what were the transfer and NSD whiffs?

I don't recall anything like the Calloway/Foster shenanigans.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2022, 09:46:38 AM »
Just saying.... His responses to reporters at the Senior Bowl were not exactly confidence-inspiring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2022, 10:03:14 AM »
Maybe I'm blocking it out, but what were the transfer and NSD whiffs?

I don't recall anything like the Calloway/Foster shenanigans.

Let me know how many players of need (think, Olinemen and receivers) we got in the portal, and how many of our targets we sign today. It won't take you long to type that response. It'll be 0 on both questions.

Those are absolute whiffs and there is no way to spin that. I wish I could. I usually try to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2022, 10:06:55 AM »
Let me know how many players of need (think, Olinemen and receivers) we got in the portal, and how many of our targets we sign today. It won't take you long to type that response. It'll be 0 on both questions.

Those are absolute whiffs and there is no way to spin that. I wish I could. I usually try to.

He's right.  He does like to sit and spin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2022, 10:41:09 AM »
He's right.  He does like to sit and spin.

I get dizzy very easily. Is this how Harsin feels right now?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2022, 12:09:51 PM »
Today feels kind of "debacle-ish" 

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2022, 12:21:56 PM »

I was going to say -esque, but -ish works too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2022, 02:17:15 PM »

we missed on fallback recruits too, as well as OL portal guys from Cornell, Louisiana and Jax State a few weeks ago.

Arnez Cooper (one of our NSD Fallback guys - read into this "sure thing") wanted to come to Auburn......Had an offer from Miami, but WANTED AUB - so what brilliant idea did Harvinz have? Offer him a walk on spot hoping he will take that over a scholly from Miami and a few others. Hes a big body and a raw talent, but we need linemen. Cooper chose Miami. I would have too. My patience on defending Harsin is running out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE