Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Exodus Continues

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Exodus Continues
« on: January 27, 2022, 05:09:11 PM »
D-lineman, Marquis Robinson, has now hit the pork hole.  6'3" 310 lb. lineman who played in one game this past season against FUGA.  That's the 8th D-lineman to leave.  He was a 4* player out of Milton, Florida.

With the loss of Lee Hunter, Ian Matthews and now Robinson, that about wipes out the D-line signing class for last season. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Exodus Continues
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2022, 08:31:52 AM »
This free agency thing is teh awesome!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2022, 09:35:06 AM »
its more a case of it being what was a very crowded DL room. Before the exodus we were literally 4, even in some cases 5 deep, at every position across the DL. Now were solidly 3 deep with a ton of talent at every level. Other than Pegues, most of these guys either - weren't huge contributors or weren't going to be big contributors.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2022, 09:40:17 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2022, 10:55:03 AM »
LET MY PEOPLE GO!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2022, 11:44:49 AM »
its more a case of it being what was a very crowded DL room. Before the exodus we were literally 4, even in some cases 5 deep, at every position across the DL. Now were solidly 3 deep with a ton of talent at every level. Other than Pegues, most of these guys either - weren't huge contributors or weren't going to be big contributors.

Let me throw in a "Yeah, but...."

The only signees remaining from the 21' class on the D-line are Dylan Brooks 6'4" 227, and Tobechi Okoli 6'5" 255.  Neither played a down this year.  We signed three D-linemen this year, all 300+ pounders, JUCO Jeffrey M'Baaaaaa, Enyce Sledge and Oregon transfer Jayson Jones. That's one port hole guy in the bunch.

The problem shouldn't be this year.  I think we're fine.  The problem comes in a year or two from now when you have a class that basically had no D-linemen in it.  Marcus Harris and Tony Fair were great finds last year through the portal.  Hopefully, Jones will be a plug and play too. 

But the bottom line, is that if we don't get any more D-linemen by February 2nd, we'll have 2 recruiting classes with 5 total, two of which may not be ready for prime time.  May put us in the same boat as our O-line recruiting in a couple of years if we're not successful in the portal.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2022, 05:17:22 PM »
Let me throw in a "Yeah, but...."

The only signees remaining from the 21' class on the D-line are Dylan Brooks 6'4" 227, and Tobechi Okoli 6'5" 255.  Neither played a down this year.  We signed three D-linemen this year, all 300+ pounders, JUCO Jeffrey M'Baaaaaa, Enyce Sledge and Oregon transfer Jayson Jones. That's one port hole guy in the bunch.

The problem shouldn't be this year.  I think we're fine.  The problem comes in a year or two from now when you have a class that basically had no D-linemen in it.  Marcus Harris and Tony Fair were great finds last year through the portal.  Hopefully, Jones will be a plug and play too. 

But the bottom line, is that if we don't get any more D-linemen by February 2nd, we'll have 2 recruiting classes with 5 total, two of which may not be ready for prime time.  May put us in the same boat as our O-line recruiting in a couple of years if we're not successful in the portal.   

I think you're right to be concerned about the future.  I also think this attrition was to be expected when their position coach/lead recruiter left.

The portal will make four-year recruiting prognostication a thing of the past.  Plug and play, baby.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2022, 05:46:30 PM »
I think you're right to be concerned about the future.  I also think this attrition was to be expected when their position coach/lead recruiter left.

The portal will make four-year recruiting prognostication a thing of the past.  Plug and play, baby.

I hate it, but I'm afraid you are spot on.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2022, 07:46:56 PM »

2022 is fine for the entire D. But the nutless lawyer from Dothan is def right about the future beyond that. We have to have a great haul this next recruiting cycle to keep that depth. Else the dline will look as thin as the oline in a few years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2022, 05:15:27 PM »
Dematrius Davis hitting the portal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2022, 05:17:35 PM »

I think I would have gone ahead and finished spring training. You can't fake practice.
But good luck to him. I think he could be an exciting player for a smaller school.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2022, 05:21:12 PM »

not many successful 5'10" Qbs in the SEC
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2022, 07:14:28 PM »
Ro Torrence out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2022, 12:37:50 AM »
Ro Torrence out.

Too tall. I tried to tell you guys…
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2022, 08:39:43 AM »
Ro Torrence out.
Was hearing so many good things about him last spring...then nothing for 12 months.  Good luck to the kid wherever he goes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2022, 08:41:54 AM »
Was hearing so many good things about him last spring...then nothing for 12 months.  Good luck to the kid wherever he goes.

Good luck? Yeah.  That’s never my position.

Fuck ‘em. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2022, 11:40:43 AM »
Good luck? Yeah.  That’s never my position.

Fuck ‘em.

Way to live up to your rep as a 'round-the-clock sour asshole.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2022, 11:59:35 AM »

Same.  I was reading stuff like nobody completed a pass on him in JUCO.  Good size, speed etc.  Then crickets.

I imagine DD leaving surprises no one.  He was 3rd string at best last season, and then we sign Geriner, and bring in Calzone and the QB from Oregon. That's writing on the will in all CAPS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2022, 02:18:07 PM »
That's writing on the will in all CAPS.

Wait...this guy's dead?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2022, 02:21:34 PM »
Wait...this guy's dead?

Cross him off then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions