Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Exodus Continues

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Exodus Continues
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2022, 11:19:09 AM »
Hate that Ro is leaving but we have good depth at corner so it doesn't sting as bad.  Hate it for Davis but feel like bringing in Calzada and Ashford made him realize that he was never going to be a good fit in Harbinger's system and it was time to test the waters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2022, 03:38:48 PM »
I bump this one to snack on a little crow.  Weeks ago, when the administration opened a bit of an investigation into Co Harbinger, one of the problems I cited was, as the thread title suggested, the exodus of players, which at the time, was disturbing.  To me, anyway.  I had not heard of any program not named Tennessee, have 20 or more players decide to leave.  UT had something like 27 or 28 players leave, but was understandable given the coaching change and the fact that the toothless NCAA was most assuredly coming to call.

While I definitely believe there were problems that needed to be addressed with Bryman Hasbinz, I'll concede and defer to those of you who thought this was more a product of culture change, and the weeding out those who didn't want to be pushed to be better.  Listening to sports talk at lunch, and hear that Bama had a another one jump in today, bringing their total to 19.  Granted, they keep picking up players from the portal, but still, 19 is a lot.  Plus, I saw one figure the other day saying there was something like 2,600 players who had declared.  I guess that's just the way college football will be for the foreseeable future. 

BTW, the Bama media does not refer to it as players leaving the program, or transferring out.  It's referred to as, "Roster Changes." 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2022, 03:44:59 PM »
I bump this one to snack on a little crow.  Weeks ago, when the administration opened a bit of an investigation into Co Harbinger, one of the problems I cited was, as the thread title suggested, the exodus of players, which at the time, was disturbing.  To me, anyway.  I had not heard of any program not named Tennessee, have 20 or more players decide to leave.  UT had something like 27 or 28 players leave, but was understandable given the coaching change and the fact that the toothless NCAA was most assuredly coming to call.

While I definitely believe there were problems that needed to be addressed with Bryman Hasbinz, I'll concede and defer to those of you who thought this was more a product of culture change, and the weeding out those who didn't want to be pushed to be better.  Listening to sports talk at lunch, and hear that Bama had a another one jump in today, bringing their total to 19.  Granted, they keep picking up players from the portal, but still, 19 is a lot.  Plus, I saw one figure the other day saying there was something like 2,600 players who had declared.  I guess that's just the way college football will be for the foreseeable future. 

BTW, the Bama media does not refer to it as players leaving the program, or transferring out.  It's referred to as, "Roster Changes."

You do have to remember that we see everything through the lens of big media. They can make something appear as catastrophic or small as they want, per whatever their agenda is. That is some of it. Its not to say we haven't had real issues, and didnt with Haskins between Dec-Feb - but at Auburn, the state media is always gonna ensure that its amplified to a volume of 11. And as you said, at other places - hush hush. And this way in politics too. Yellow journalism at its finest - but its still the filter that most of the country sees current events through unfortunately. Like, this Jan 6th thing last year. Was it probably not a great thing? Sure. Arrest some angry rednecks for breaking stuff. Sure. An "Insurrection"? Good lord, no. BLM? Fine and dandy. Media....it's a cancer in this country now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2022, 10:34:49 AM »
Unportaled.  Defensive Tackle, Marquis Robinson, jumps out of the Continuum Transfunctioner Thingy and will stay at Auburn.  Good news to have a 6'3" 310 lb. D-lineman back for depth. 

However, I'm thinking the timing is a little suspicious, because he was already enrolled for the Spring semester.  He got out of 15 practices.  Maybe that was a smart move.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2022, 10:46:23 AM »
Unportaled.  Defensive Tackle, Marquis Robinson, jumps out of the Continuum Transfunctioner Thingy and will stay at Auburn.  Good news to have a 6'3" 310 lb. D-lineman back for depth. 

However, I'm thinking the timing is a little suspicious, because he was already enrolled for the Spring semester.  He got out of 15 practices.  Maybe that was a smart move.

Marquis "Allen Iverson" Robinson they call him.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2022, 11:27:13 AM »

That leads me to believe that was some sort of personal issue that Corch Haybanger may have alleviated by showing "he get me". Like taking a photo with Bubba.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2022, 11:33:46 AM »
Marquis "Allen Iverson" Robinson they call him.

Not a game.  Not a game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2022, 03:04:27 PM »
He got out of 15 practices.  Maybe that was a smart move.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2022, 12:09:17 PM »
I think a very good sign is that the last day to put your name in the Transfunctioner Thingy, was May 1st.  Auburn did not have anybody jump in. 

I saw a quote from Coach Harrisonz that they have 6-7 scholarships available, so they're headed to the portal to see if they can get em' filled.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2022, 12:15:04 PM »
I think a very good sign is that the last day to put your name in the Transfunctioner Thingy, was May 1st.  Auburn did not have anybody jump in. 

I saw a quote from Coach Harrisonz that they have 6-7 scholarships available, so they're headed to the portal to see if they can get em' filled.

Good sign indeed.

Read Harsin's interview about positions they'll try to fill in the portal: DL, WR and...secondary???

Odd to not be tracking down any OL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2022, 12:25:38 PM »
Good sign indeed.

Read Harsin's interview about positions they'll try to fill in the portal: DL, WR and...secondary???

Odd to not be tracking down any OL.

Saw that, too.  Odd indeed-e-do. 

I can see going after an edge rusher, because numbers-wise, that's the thinnest position.  But I think we're fine on the interior, especially with Marquis Robinson coming back.  They picked up three large individuals this recruiting cycle to clog the middle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2022, 12:42:50 PM »
Saw that, too.  Odd indeed-e-do. 

I can see going after an edge rusher, because numbers-wise, that's the thinnest position.  But I think we're fine on the interior, especially with Marquis Robinson coming back.  They picked up three large individuals this recruiting cycle to clog the middle.

Yep...get some edge guys, no problems with that.  But the secondary is full of bodies and there are enough warm bodies at WR to make me want to scream: GO GET SOME GODDAMNED ROAD PAVING OL!!!!!!!!!!

Holy shit, where's the Tylenol?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2022, 03:29:45 PM »
Yep...get some edge guys, no problems with that.  But the secondary is full of bodies and there are enough warm bodies at WR to make me want to scream: GO GET SOME GODDAMNED ROAD PAVING OL!!!!!!!!!!

Holy shit, where's the Tylenol?

Troofer words were never spoken.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2022, 01:42:30 AM »
Just picked up a WR from Miami.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2022, 09:14:12 AM »
Another product of Hewitt-Trussville.  #huskyfast

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2022, 09:25:37 AM »
From 247

6'0" 185

Needing help at the wide receiver position, the Auburn Tigers have dipped into the transfer portal to bring in a name very familiar to those that follow recruiting in Alabama, former 4-star Hewitt-Trussville standout Dazalin Worsham.

Signing with Miami in the 2020 class over offers from Auburn, Alabama, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Texas A&M and others, Worsham played in one game in two seasons with the Hurricanes before deciding to enter the portal.

Worsham was one of the most productive prep receivers in Alabama history during his career, finishing with 215 receptions for more than 2,400 yards and 28 touchdowns.

With still four seasons of eligibility remaining, Worsham will immediately challenge for playing time for a wide receiver group that lost Kobe Hudson and Demetris Robertson after last season. Shederick Jackson (40) and Worsham’s former Hewitt-Trussville teammate Ja’Varrius Johnson (19) are the top two returning players at the position for first-year coach Ike Hilliard.

Behind those two, Auburn returns a total of just 17 total receptions from a year ago. That includes five catches from tight end Landen King, who saw time at wide receiver in the spring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2022, 09:56:09 AM »
From 247

6'0" 185

Needing help at the wide receiver position, the Auburn Tigers have dipped into the transfer portal to bring in a name very familiar to those that follow recruiting in Alabama, former 4-star Hewitt-Trussville standout Dazalin Worsham.

Signing with Miami in the 2020 class over offers from Auburn, Alabama, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Texas A&M and others, Worsham played in one game in two seasons with the Hurricanes before deciding to enter the portal.

Worsham was one of the most productive prep receivers in Alabama history during his career, finishing with 215 receptions for more than 2,400 yards and 28 touchdowns.

With still four seasons of eligibility remaining, Worsham will immediately challenge for playing time for a wide receiver group that lost Kobe Hudson and Demetris Robertson after last season. Shederick Jackson (40) and Worsham’s former Hewitt-Trussville teammate Ja’Varrius Johnson (19) are the top two returning players at the position for first-year coach Ike Hilliard.

Behind those two, Auburn returns a total of just 17 total receptions from a year ago. That includes five catches from tight end Landen King, who saw time at wide receiver in the spring.

Sweet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2022, 10:54:34 AM »

TJ Finley will have 0.0032 seconds to get the ball out. 

Should be enough. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2022, 11:19:28 AM »
Not knocking the kid, just curious...and bi.  His offer list included all the big guns, but he only played in one game in two seasons? 

Injuries?  Anyone heard?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2022, 11:21:25 AM »
Not knocking the kid, just curious...and bi.  His offer list included all the big guns, but he only played in one game in two seasons? 

Injuries?  Anyone heard?

Let me Google that for you:

2021 (True Freshman*): Did not see any game action…Served as member of practice squad.

2020 (True Freshman): Saw action in one game in first season…Made career debut in romp of rival Florida State (Sept. 26).

High School: Rated a four-star prospect by ESPN and 247 Composite and a three-star prospect by Rivals…Ranked No. 185 in the ESPN300…Rated the No. 28 wide receiver nationally and the No. 10 player in Alabama…Listed as the No. 57 wide receiver nationally and No. 15 player in Alabama by 247 Composite…Ranked the No. 79 wide receiver in the country and No. 25 player in Alabama by Rivals…Selected to participate in 2020 Under Armour All-America Game…Caught 54 passes for 427 yards and six touchdowns as a senior in 2019…Totaled 215 catches for over 2,400 yards and 28 touchdowns in varsity career…Finished career as all-time leading receiver in Hewitt-Trussville history and eighth all-time in receptions in Alabama high school history…Chose Miami over offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Clemson, Duke, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi State, NC State, Ole Miss, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas A&M, among others.

* indicates student-athlete received extra year of eligibility in 2021 due to 2020 season affected by COVID-19 pandemic

https://miamihurricanes.com/roster/dazalin-worsham/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions