Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Everybody, Let's Let Cooler Heads Prevail

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Everybody, Let's Let Cooler Heads Prevail
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2022, 01:05:30 PM »

And wes is smarter than he's acting here.  If you tell someone they can't continue their employment because they hold a different opinion than you do -- one that has no bearing on their performance -- that's wrong.

Losing one job isn't an inability to "continue their employment."  It's termination of a job (possibly in an at-will jurisdiction) and the freedom to seek employment from someone who doesn't take issue with the speech.

At their heart, these are all BUSINESS decisions: if the perceived flak or damage to your brand outweighs the value of some no name host of a third rate reality show, you drop the loudmouth.  You guys should love that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2022, 01:17:41 PM »
Losing one job isn't an inability to "continue their employment."  It's termination of a job (possibly in an at-will jurisdiction) and the freedom to seek employment from someone who doesn't take issue with the speech.

At their heart, these are all BUSINESS decisions: if the perceived flak or damage to your brand outweighs the value of some no name host of a third rate reality show, you drop the loudmouth.  You guys should love that.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2022, 03:59:45 PM »

Jane, you ignorant slut.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2022, 05:19:38 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2022, 05:55:32 PM »
The market responds!

https://twitter.com/BaddCompani/status/1486767141877518339

And..... fuck them.  I CANCELED my subscription. 

Spotify it is. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2022, 06:15:58 PM »
The market responds!

https://twitter.com/BaddCompani/status/1486767141877518339

Dying xm hitching it’s wagon to that old fart crying about Rogan is hilarious. Can’t wait til the MARKET (that you love so much now) responds to this.

I still can’t believe you are justifying ruining someone’s career, livelihood, financial position, or reputation via extortion/blackmail over a fucking difference of opinion. You’re way off the reservation here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2022, 10:00:40 AM »
Dying xm hitching it’s wagon to that old fart crying about Rogan is hilarious. Can’t wait til the MARKET (that you love so much now) responds to this.

I still can’t believe you are justifying ruining someone’s career, livelihood, financial position, or reputation via extortion/blackmail over a fucking difference of opinion. You’re way off the reservation here.

Hope you didn't bruise your hand clutching those pearls.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2022, 10:13:10 AM »
Hope you didn't bruise your hand clutching those pearls.

Keep virtue signaling and building strawmen if that's what helps you sleep at night.

At this point, this thread is simply going to become a running count of how many times you can use that stupid expression because you have zero logical leg to stand on here. You act as if you are conversing with a bunch of elderly church rubes and stiff librarians. But I get it.....Alinsky's Rule 11, just keep repeating something until you believe it.

BTW - the XM deal is actually a funny one. The "Neil Young Channel" is only til Tuesday - 4 whole days. I wonder how many hippies they got to subscribe for a year yesterday only for them to find out this morning, that their hero Neil only gets his time in the spotlight for 4 days? Thats pretty funny.

Neil Young = So Woke, he cancelled himself. What a sad old, UNAMERICAN, maple leaf toting Moron.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2022, 10:46:51 AM »
Since Covid and Vaxxing is at the heart of Young's argument, here's where this all would have been a non-story for me.  There have been numerous artists in recent months who have canceled tour dates at particular venues, due to that venue's, or even that State's vaccination policy.  That's true for both sides of the issue.  Some have said if they don't require proof of vaccination for all patrons, they won't play.  The same with the other side.  We're not showing if you're demanding everyone be vaccinated.  People are passionate on both sides. I get it. I respect that.

But none, to my knowledge, have demanded that venue be shut down, or that other artists follow suit and cancel shows there.  They may have, I just haven't seen it.  But that's where Young went off the rails.  If he had just said I can't share a platform (Spotify) with someone who is sending a message so contrary to my views...and left Spotify, I'd have glossed over the story.  But telling Spotify it's him or me...you shut him down, or I'm leaving...well now you've crossed that line where I'm concerned.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."