dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: NUMBER FUCKING 1!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 12:47:12 PM »
Welcome to Nellyville

I am playing this shit all day long.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 01:04:37 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 02:19:19 PM »
These are great days we're living, bros. We are jolly green giants, walking the Earth with guns. These people we wasted here today are the finest human beings we will ever know. After we rotate back to the world, we're gonna miss not having anyone around that's worth shooting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,eagleair89,bgreene,
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2022, 02:21:30 AM »
These are great days we're living, bros. We are jolly green giants, walking the Earth with guns. These people we wasted here today are the finest human beings we will ever know. After we rotate back to the world, we're gonna miss not having anyone around that's worth shooting.

Thanks Earl…
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2022, 10:30:46 AM »
#firebruce

#smokeandmirrors
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2022, 11:02:16 AM »
#firebruce

#smokeandmirrors

I can show you quotes of that no less than 4 years ago. And I don't mean just from Steven Leath.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2022, 12:13:46 PM »
I can show you quotes of that no less than 4 years ago. And I don't mean just from Steven Leath.

I was always in the camp of, if Bruce Pearl can't make Auburn basketball relevant, we need to level the arena, or turn it into the new home of the Equestrian team.

However, I've never been one to sit idly by and say I believe in Auburn and love it, and it will all work out. Just trust and don't rock the boat.  I think it's fair to critique what's going on.  Early on, I knew we didn't have the overall talent, but I wasn't a fan of what looked like players being free to run helter skelter, willie nilly, and just generally frolicking about. I didn't like Kareem Canty going one on how ever many defenders they wanted to throw at him every time he touched the ball. I didn't understand why Bruce couldn't/wouldn't reign in Cinnabunz Bowers, who would take every rebound as an opportunity to go full bull in the china shop mode towards the other basket, many times having the ball wind up in the 6th row.

But I heard his former players saying Bruce Pearl never wanted a player to feel hesitant about anything.  If you're feeling it, let her rip.  Go back in this very thread, and I'm sure you'll find me saying, "If they would just slow it down for a minute...."  But that's not Bruce.  And the more talent he's amassed, the more I understand his intent.  He wants to do exactly what they're doing now.  Keep coming at you in waves.  The second five on the floor has no drop off from the first five. If Cambridge is open, he's free to launch.  If KD gets a run out, you'd better keep up. It's a damn fun brand of basketball.  Frustrating at times, but it's one that should keep attracting the top talent to Auburn. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2022, 07:11:41 PM »
Oh no. Not you. But it sounds like you have some guilt.

I’ll see if I can find some posts from a certain other board circa 2017-2018 that just plain ole sound asinine now. Your comments are mild compared to these.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2022, 09:41:01 AM »
Oh no. Not you. But it sounds like you have some guilt.

I’ll see if I can find some posts from a certain other board circa 2017-2018 that just plain ole sound asinine now. Your comments are mild compared to these.

I have zero guilt about anything.

Except maybe that one night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster.  The bars are temples, but the pearls ain't free.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2022, 10:05:07 AM »
Need to beat Oklahoma soundly on Satdee if they want to hold on to the #1 spot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2022, 10:15:59 AM »
So, the Bammers on our local sports talk show were far more inclined to talk about the rumors that Louisville is firing their Corch today, and Bruce is supposedly at the top of their list. But then, why wouldn't he be?  He's the hottest coach in the country right now.  I guess if that's true, we'll know soon enough if Lord Pearl is looking to retire a God in Auburn. 

But that talk was more to distract from the fact that the Tahd lost to the worst team in the SEC last night, and the next games up on the schedule are Baylor, Auburn and Kentucky.  Good luck with that.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
eagleair89,
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2022, 10:23:44 AM »
So, the Bammers on our local sports talk show were far more inclined to talk about the rumors that Louisville is firing their Corch today, and Bruce is supposedly at the top of their list. But then, why wouldn't he be?  He's the hottest coach in the country right now.  I guess if that's true, we'll know soon enough if Lord Pearl is looking to retire a God in Auburn. 

Yep.  Just as St Nick and Billy B are the "hot" dream names for every football search, such it is now that BP has joined the Cal/Izzo/Self/Williams tier of basketball coaches.

But that talk was more to distract from the fact that the Tahd lost to the worst team in the SEC last night, and the next games up on the schedule are Baylor, Auburn and Kentucky.  Good luck with that.   

Yeah...the Tahd could go from a solid 5-seed to off the fucking bubble altogether after this stretch...starting with that L to the mutts.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2022, 11:01:19 AM »
Need to beat Oklahoma soundly on Satdee if they want to hold on to the #1 spot.

Other than the bullshit from jealous rivals about "cain't holt on ter it" I don't really care about that any more. 

Want to win every game, of course, but I want to trust in this coaching staff to have the team hitting peak performance in March.  That's a long way off. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2022, 11:14:26 AM »
Other than the bullshit from jealous rivals about "cain't holt on ter it" I don't really care about that any more. 

Want to win every game, of course, but I want to trust in this coaching staff to have the team hitting peak performance in March.  That's a long way off.

Your words ring truth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2022, 12:04:28 PM »
11 regular season games to go, which include road trips to FUGA, Arkansas, Florida, Tennessee and Mississippi State.  Thankfully, no return trip to Kentucky.  Despite what they did with Bama last night, who just isn't playing good at all, FUGA is the only road game I feel semi-comfortable about.  All the others are very talented teams, with MSU being the one that actually scares me the most.  Their guard, Iverson Molimar, is as good as anyone in the league.  Maybe the country. He's a bona fide bad ass that's as quick to the bucket as I've seen in a while.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2022, 12:16:42 PM »
The bammers are going to camp out the arena Friday. Not for the Baylor game. Because their homeless.(stolt from Jay G.)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2022, 12:18:21 PM »
The bammers are going to camp out the arena Friday. Not for the Baylor game. Because their homeless.(stolt from Jay G.)

4-5 tents may show up and freeze their asses off.....temps will be in low 20's with high wind. When tickets can be had for 6 bucks, no line and the arena half full. Sounds practical. Will Nat Oates bring some little Caesars hot n readies?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2022, 12:38:50 PM »
4-5 tents may show up and freeze their asses off.....temps will be in low 20's with high wind. When tickets can be had for 6 bucks, no line and the arena half full. Sounds practical. Will Nat Oates bring some little Caesars hot n readies?

I don't like their copycat ways, but it's not like AU invented it even in the SEC.  I remember seeing big encampments of MSU students out a couple of days before the HumpDawgs played back when they were good for two minutes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2022, 12:48:13 PM »
I don't like their copycat ways, but it's not like AU invented it even in the SEC.  I remember seeing big encampments of MSU students out a couple of days before the HumpDawgs played back when they were good for two minutes.

Shut your whorish mouth.
We camped out for Barry Manilow tickets all the way back in the 80s. I got front row. Then he canceled.
But she was still happy with me...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.