Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes
« on: January 21, 2022, 03:30:38 PM »
Coach Byron Hatpin arrived at Auburn a little over a year ago.  The staff that will lead the Tigers this Fall will look vastly different than the one he hired for the 2021 season. First, WR Coach, Cornelius Williams was unceremoniously let go a few games into the season.  As soon as the Tigers finished blowing a 10-3 lead in the Iron Bowl, OC, Mike Bobo, was sent packing as well.

The exodus continued when D-line Coach, Nick Eason, bolted for Clemson. Now, our DC, Derek Mason, is headed to the Big 12 to work for the 40 year old man, Coach Mullet.

This may be needless piling on, and may have little or nothing to do with the staff shake up, but I think if you also take note of the fact that we've had 15-16 players enter the portal, and arguably our best receiver dismissed, the optics (As so many like to say) aren't good. 

Granted, the portal has hit everybody hard, and we lost our fair share of bodies last year as well.  Many of the guys were no-brainers who weren't going to crack the rotation.  Others were head scratchers that made you wonder WTH is going on?   But, probably best not to read too much in to the cummins' and goins' of players, and hopefully chalk it up to the current environment of college football.

The staff changes have to raise some eyebrows, though.  You're willfully blind if they don't. No need to go off the deep end about them, but there are questions that need to be asked. And at the very least, you have to pay attention to the overall state of this program after the upcoming season.  These were Harvinz' hires.  He felt the need to fire two of them.  Eason can be brushed off as someone who went back to his alma mater, which just happens to be one of the elite programs of the last decade.  But Mason leaving to presumably make what has to be considered a less than lateral move, is where things start to get interesting.

The Defensive Coordinator at Auburn doesn't just up and decide to go coach in a failing conference.  If he was offered a HC job or a position in the NFL....yeah, I can see that.  We all kind of assumed that would happen sooner than later anyway.  But Okie State?  Nah!  I don't think it's a stretch of any kind to assume there were problems between he and Harkins.  Those were the rumors.  Rumors I resisted by the way, because self-professed "insiders" like Justin Hokanson and his Bigsby to Georgia garbage, continue to sour me and make me take every rumor with a big, fat grain of salt.

But this one apparently had legs.  GH sent an article by Jay G Tate, which echoes my sentiments exactly.  There may be some cracks in the dam. On the other hand, this may just be business as usual.  Either way, it's not a good look, and what happens in 2022 may tell us all is Brian Harminz really has the master plan, or he's in over his head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 04:33:03 PM »
Luckily we have Bruce Pearl
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 04:36:23 PM »
Meh. When saban came in, he did it his way. Pissed off a lot of people. Many said it wouldn't work.

I'll give it some time. Hell, most folks wanted mason gone early on. Now "its an issue".

And the covid years masked a lot of portal transfers. Guys stuck around to see if they liked it. (not much recruiting going on anyway) Probably on a normal year, half those guys leave right away.

Again, wait and see. Whats the alternative? Fire the guy now?

Maybe all the nostradumbasses are wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 04:49:40 PM »
Meh. When saban came in, he did it his way. Pissed off a lot of people. Many said it wouldn't work.

I'll give it some time. Hell, most folks wanted mason gone early on. Now "its an issue".

And the covid years masked a lot of portal transfers. Guys stuck around to see if they liked it. (not much recruiting going on anyway) Probably on a normal year, half those guys leave right away.

Not suggesting we even think about firing the guy.  Just saying 2021 had a shit ton more negatives than good things that happened.  And to keep an eye on how this season plays out, not just with wins and losses, but whether or not things appear to be headed in a positive direction. I want Harlinz, and any Auburn coach for that matter, to succeed.  And I'll be pulling for the guy big time.  But there's a chance the jump from Idaho to the SEC West was a little too daunting a task.  Hope not.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 04:55:09 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2022, 04:54:18 PM »
On the changes note, it looks like Jeff Schmedding will most likely take over the DC duties, which he's already had under Coach Hamvinz.  The LB's will be coached by Christian Robinson, who is coming from Gusty Gaytah U, where he had the same role.  And the D-line will under former Auburn great, Jimmy Brumbaugh. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2022, 06:02:31 PM »

Gotta agree with every motherfucking bit of this.

First year staff in a new region?  Go ahead and put some guys on the payroll that can introduce you to the folks you need to know.  After that?  It's on them.

Double ditto the players.  In fact, I think we ended up net positive on the transfer front.

Buncha goTdamn hostages of the moment in here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2022, 08:26:08 PM »
Coach Byron Hatpin arrived at Auburn a little over a year ago.  The staff that will lead the Tigers this Fall will look vastly different than the one he hired for the 2021 season. First, WR Coach, Cornelius Williams was unceremoniously let go a few games into the season.  As soon as the Tigers finished blowing a 10-3 lead in the Iron Bowl, OC, Mike Bobo, was sent packing as well.

I heard there was cause and effect.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2022, 08:35:38 PM »
Gotta agree with every motherfucking bit of this.

First year staff in a new region?  Go ahead and put some guys on the payroll that can introduce you to the folks you need to know.  After that?  It's on them.

Double ditto the players.  In fact, I think we ended up net positive on the transfer front.

Buncha goTdamn hostages of the moment in here.

First time in history that ole Gh, weskie and cct have agreed on the same thing.

With y’all on this one. We have no idea what went on behind the scenes. Or what’s a net positive or negative.

And yes, after the sc game most fans wanted Bobo and mason gone. And understandably so. Now they are. What’s the issue? Exactly.

Let’s ride hard ass harsin out and let the man fuckin work. These aren’t necessarily bad things happening. Purely hot take driven opinions and fodder from the social media goons.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2022, 10:00:54 PM »
First time in history that ole Gh, weskie and cct have agreed on the same thing.

I..I..I’m not sure how to respond…

War Damn Eagle!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2022, 08:31:38 AM »
I..I..I’m not sure how to respond…

War Damn Eagle!

Group hug? I swear the last time I was around wes he tried a sneaky reach around. He may have been drunk though. Be warned.

Sorry but the Bruce stuff got me all in a good mood. Wde.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2022, 05:07:16 PM »
Group hug? I swear the last time I was around wes he tried a sneaky reach around. He may have been drunk though. Be warned.

Sorry but the Bruce stuff got me all in a good mood. Wde.

Drunk?  Probably.

But you loved the attention.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2022, 05:46:14 AM »

With y’all on this one.
This lends powerful credence to the theory that full on fag is communicable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2022, 07:43:03 PM »
Drunk?  Probably.

But you loved the attention.

It was a night we knew we shouldn’t have been having. But a night we never wanted to end.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2022, 09:30:36 AM »
Now I'm jealous
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2022, 12:04:03 PM »
Let CBH buy the groceries, hire the chefs, run the kitchen, and work out the menu. Takes time but can work. See Bruce Pearl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2022, 12:15:09 PM »
Let CBH buy the groceries, hire the chefs, run the kitchen, and work out the menu. Takes time but can work. See Bruce Pearl.

No. No. Fire his ass now. You can tell by the way these great coaches hate him and are jumping ship, that he is on over his head. He sucks. We can see it now. I have been sitting on this couch watching football for many years. I can see it. Lets just cut bait and go get Bob Stoops NOW!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2022, 09:55:11 PM »
No. No. Fire his ass now. You can tell by the way these great coaches hate him and are jumping ship, that he is on over his head. He sucks. We can see it now. I have been sitting on this couch watching football for many years. I can see it. Lets just cut bait and go get Bob Stoops NOW!

Bravo there sir.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2022, 10:34:36 AM »
I need to talk with the mods.  One of you apparently went back to my post and deleted the part about getting rid of Harvinz.  I had it in all caps, bolded and everything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2022, 11:07:53 AM »
I need to talk with the mods.  One of you apparently went back to my post and deleted the part about getting rid of Harvinz.  I had it in all caps, bolded and everything.
Consider your warn meter spiked, sir.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2022, 11:34:07 AM »
Consider your warn meter spiked, sir.

Titan Tiger????  Damn, I've missed your heavy-handed moderation.  Maybe we can get some order around this place, and weed out a few of the "undesirables".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions