Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Peacemaker

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Peacemaker
« on: January 20, 2022, 10:01:50 PM »
Spinoff from the (not good, kinda terrible) second Suicide Squad movie.  Series on HBOMax.

DC wants so badly to be cool. But all it does is drag ass behind Marvel and poorly imitate what it thinks makes those movies succeed.  And then fuck it up a hundred ways to Christmas.

Peacemaker is John Cena. A muscle head semi-superhero who's a mass of contradictions swirled around in a sea of testosterone. He's prone to socially unacceptable commentary, smoking dope, being naked and other rude behaviors. 

It's another attempt for DC to channel Deadpool.

What they don't get is that fuck scenes, the word fuck repeated ad infinitum, snarky commentary and such aren't really what carried Deadpool.  It takes more than that.  It has to mesh. It has to work on a variety of levels.

It's weird because the same guy that put Guardians of the Galaxy together in such a spectacular way (James Gunn) is in charge of this crudity-laced series and (just like with Suicide Squad) he can't get the mix right. 

Cena isn't bad, but he isn't really good.   Gunn cast his wife as the primary female lead and she aaaalmost has something, but she's not that good either.  She looks good in bed in her matching bra and panties, but she's kind of struggling to carry the role. There's also a CGI eagle.

Maybe it gets better, it's only four episodes in...... ehhhhh.......it's DC.  I expect fucked up fuckery. I'm trying, but I'm just not invested in it. 

I will admit that the opening credits are so cheesily idiotic they're worth watching. 

« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 12:44:03 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Peacemaker
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 08:31:40 PM »
Main reason peacemaker isn’t Deadpool?

John cena isn’t Ryan Reynolds. Not even close.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 11:53:45 PM »
Since I'm the only one watching it, I'll reply to myself. 

It's grown on me a little over the past few episodes.   It's not Marvel, but it does have some occasionally funny moments.  Still way too vulgar, but even that's toned down a little after the opening salvo.

Not sure I care much for the whole white supremacist superhero angle. It's lazy and fraudulent to pretend like there's some big KKK thing going on in the suburbs waiting for a knight for the cause.

It's got a few good points.  It doesn't come close to Marvel level acting or storytelling, but it's carved out a place. I'll watch it to the end of this arc at least. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 11:08:04 PM »
It’s kind of growing on me. 

Still got problems, but I’m warming up to it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions