Re: Cummin's and Goin's
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2022, 02:09:46 PM »
I think there is young talent in that room:

Tar'Varish Dawson
Ja'Varrius Johnson
Camden Brown
Jay Fair
Omari Kelly

Most talented "receiver" on the team is probably Landon King. They've got to find a way to use him and his size on the field. He's a pure mismatch waiting to happen.

Brown and Kelly can also be year 1 contributors.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2022, 02:22:22 PM »
True.

Probably just a lack of interest.  If you're a top flight WR (a la Craig-Myers or Kyle Davis)...wouldn't you get bored with that route?

Coates, Schwartz and Louis, among others have made remarks in subtle and not so subtle ways critiquing the Gus route trees at Auburn.

Louis after getting drafted:

“I would say that the Browns saw things from me that other teams didn’t see. They understand that I was in a scheme at Auburn that didn’t require me to run very many routes, very diverse or complex routes and the fact that I was not developed as a receiver at the time, going into the combine, I wanted to prove to everybody that I was versatile and I was able to run routes and catch balls smooth and well. Doing that, looking ahead, they got to see that they can develop me and mold me into the receiver they want me to be.”

And you are right Weskie. That will ABSOLUTELY frustrate a top notch WR. Even makes them wanna leave you could say.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2022, 02:25:21 PM »
Back to the subject at hand.  The USFL will flop, and flop in a hurry.  It doesn't matter what season the play it in, or how they market it.  There's no room for another professional football league.  Maybe back in the day when the USFL was first introduced, but not now.  The NFL is exponentially more powerful and popular than back in the 80's.  College football has moved in as a distant second, but still way more popular now than the USFL ever was.  There's just an oversaturation of NFL and college football going on 24/7/365, along with all other sports for that matter. Nobody wants to learn new teams, new names etc.

The only way I see any hope for it, is if it was an NFL feeder system that the NFL itself took under its wing and marketed the hell out of it as if it were an extension of the league.  Maybe then.  Otherwise, like all others before, over the last few decades, it will look viable for a few weeks before attendance and viewership are both in the tank. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2022, 02:31:58 PM »
Back to the subject at hand.  The USFL will flop, and flop in a hurry.  It doesn't matter what season the play it in, or how they market it.  There's no room for another professional football league.  Maybe back in the day when the USFL was first introduced, but not now.  The NFL is exponentially more powerful and popular than back in the 80's.  College football has moved in as a distant second, but still way more popular now than the USFL ever was.  There's just an oversaturation of NFL and college football going on 24/7/365, along with all other sports for that matter. Nobody wants to learn new teams, new names etc.

The only way I see any hope for it, is if it was an NFL feeder system that the NFL itself took under its wing and marketed the hell out of it as if it were an extension of the league.  Maybe then.  Otherwise, like all others before, over the last few decades, it will look viable for a few weeks before attendance and viewership are both in the tank.

Hold up you Oulde....That was the topic at hand. Cummings and Goins of Receivers at the Universutee of Awbren....I thought your new boner meds were supposed to aid in your wrong posting across threads.

Oh no, I agree....I don't think its very viable today. Just saying Spring WILL NOT be why. Spring may be the reason it will be as viable as it is. It may go a season in Feb-May. It may last 1-2 games in the Fall.

You nailed it though....oversaturation right now. That pendulum may be bout to go back in the OTHER direction if anything.

NOW....back to the actual topic at hand. WRs...or lack of, ammarite??

Keep an eye on FCS Port Hole WR Wells Jr. 83 catches, 1300 yards. Kid is legit. Better than anything we have. The good guys have made an offer to him.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 02:38:27 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2022, 02:35:39 PM »
Most talented "receiver" on the team is probably Landon King. They've got to find a way to use him and his size on the field. He's a pure mismatch waiting to happen.

Brown and Kelly can also be year 1 contributors.
Johnson is a deep threat peacock.  Just gotta let him fly.  #huskyfast
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2022, 03:20:48 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2022, 03:48:00 PM »
Meh....

Meh was Finleys Iron Bowl and Bham Bowl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2022, 03:51:47 PM »
Meh was Finleys Iron Bowl and Bham Bowl.

Agreed.  Let's see Davis and Geriner.

I mean, competition in the QB room is good but this one doesn't tickle my giblets.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2022, 05:15:16 PM »
Agreed.  Let's see Davis and Geriner.

I mean, competition in the QB room is good but this one doesn't tickle my giblets.

We all know Snags is the only one who can tickle your giblets to satisfaction.

If Calzada can do what he did to Bama on a more regular basis vs what TJ did? Im ok with it.

End of the day, you take a guy who is better than the best guy you have at that position. And I don't think it means they are done yet either. At least trying anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2022, 05:15:40 PM »
Bringing in Calzone may send Davis and/or Finley packing.  Davis would be my guess if that happens.  Finley came here knowing full well he'd have to compete with a 2 year starter, and that didn't faze him. 

Where Double D is concerned, it's been a mystery as to why he's never seen the field.  My skreetz told me this past weekend he had no desire to put in the work. Didn't go as far as saying sorry ass, but didn't sound far above it.

Skreetz.  Respect!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2022, 11:13:07 AM »
Bringing in Calzone may send Davis and/or Finley packing.  Davis would be my guess if that happens.  Finley came here knowing full well he'd have to compete with a 2 year starter, and that didn't faze him. 

Where Double D is concerned, it's been a mystery as to why he's never seen the field.  My skreetz told me this past weekend he had no desire to put in the work. Didn't go as far as saying sorry ass, but didn't sound far above it.

Skreetz.  Respect!!!

A lot of guys come in KNOWING they will not see the field that first year. That affects the work ethic of most. Usually that second year is where you see the tweeners excel. So we might see DD wake up and put in the work. Sadly, he didn't realize that he could have taken the reins this season had he put in max effort. That's called maturity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2022, 02:39:01 PM »
Sadly, he didn't realize that he could have taken the reins this season had he put in max effort. That's called maturity.
Interesting. I’ve always called that a jockey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

wesfau2

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2022, 05:55:29 PM »
Troxell and Brahms returning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2022, 10:05:06 PM »
Eku Leota returning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2022, 09:22:31 AM »
Troxell and Brahms returning.
Trovon says this is gonna be their year
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2022, 09:31:17 AM »
Gonna be a totally different WR room but that's a good thing. I stand by what I have said to a few offline, I expect next year to be a growing pains/rough year while things get sorted. If we can keep our powder dry, year three we should see some interesting results.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2022, 12:25:28 PM »
So with Brahms and Troxell returning, that means we can put at least 4 O-linemen out there with a good bit of starting experience.  Brahms, Troxell, Keiondre Jones and Kilian Zierer.  KZ doesn't have a ton of starts, but he's been in the trenches a lot. 

Anyone heard if Council has another year, or has made a decision if he does?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2022, 02:02:09 PM »
So with Brahms and Troxell returning, that means we can put at least 4 O-linemen out there with a good bit of starting experience.  Brahms, Troxell, Keiondre Jones and Kilian Zierer.  KZ doesn't have a ton of starts, but he's been in the trenches a lot. 

Anyone heard if Council has another year, or has made a decision if he does?

Council will be good if he can get back in shape. He hasn't really been in playing shape the last few months and it was obvious. I think I've read he is leaning towards it, yeah.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE