Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Eason Gone?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Eason Gone?
« on: January 05, 2022, 05:19:05 PM »
Don't know if it's a done deal yet, but reports are that Clemson will snag defensive line coach, Nick Eason, from Coach Haversham's staff.  That sucks big, hairy balls IMO. 

I don't fault Eason at all.  Coaches move all the time.  It's just a part of the profession, and he's going back to his alma tomater, if true.  But this is just another example of why you really can't argue against the portal.  He has a good bit of experience coaching in the NFL, and I know he's been selling his ability to get guys ready for the show in his recruiting pitch.  So, we sign a good crop of D-linemen this year, and the coach they're going top play for bolts for another gig. 

That's a pretty big deal, because I imagine the coach who convinced a player to come to a school, is a big part of that player's connection to the program. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Eason Gone?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 05:44:21 PM »
It sucks, but I always presumed the first year staff was temporary at best (I figured Mason would be the first to leave).

The galling part is the lateral nature of the move.

The defensive staff has a lot of guys that are used to being in charge...maybe this takes one of the egos out of the room?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2022, 09:41:59 AM »
It sucks, but I always presumed the first year staff was temporary at best (I figured Mason would be the first to leave).

The galling part is the lateral nature of the move.

The defensive staff has a lot of guys that are used to being in charge...maybe this takes one of the egos out of the room?

Yes, it's a lateral move, but going back to coach where you were a stud player is understandable. The thing I hate is the headline I saw this morning about him going to Clemson saying, "Eason can show players the way to the NFL", which is a big thing we're losing by him leaving.  I read a lot of quotes from Auburn linemen about that very thing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2022, 12:15:29 PM »
Yes, it's a lateral move, but going back to coach where you were a stud player is understandable. The thing I hate is the headline I saw this morning about him going to Clemson saying, "Eason can show players the way to the NFL", which is a big thing we're losing by him leaving.  I read a lot of quotes from Auburn linemen about that very thing.

The good thing about this vacancy (if it holds true) is we can sell our current depth at DL on a super good coach. Little harder to do with at some of the other positions on the team. DL is prob the most loaded position going into 2022 season. Lot of good coaches will love that buffet of talent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2022, 12:18:59 PM »
The good thing about this vacancy (if it holds true) is we can sell our current depth at DL on a super good coach. Little harder to do with at some of the other positions on the team. DL is prob the most loaded position going into 2022 season. Lot of good coaches will love that buffet of talent.

He gots a point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions