Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hat, crow, shit

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Hat, crow, shit
« on: December 28, 2021, 05:34:03 PM »
Eating all of it today.  Wrong is wrong.

TJ looked like a ghostly vapor of the QB I saw when he was at LSU.  Barring some significant improvement he's not the answer or even the question.  He was timid, skittish, soft, tentative and uncoordinated today.  I got sick of watching him bounce four-yard passes and then send deep balls 10 yards over the intended targets.  I used to believe (and have seen) he would step up in the pocket and make throws. He didn't.  He pranced forward like a frightened fawn and then lobbed basketball passes into nowhere. 

I never much cared for Nix.  From early on, I thought his ego was writing checks his ability could rarely cash. He just felt like a bad fit with the rest of the team.  He's better than Finley, though.  I say that, but I'd be just as frustrated today after he rushed for negative 187 yards while running in circles backward at the slightest hint of pressure, so at least this wasn't that. 

As encouraging as the defensive effort against Alabama was, this today was utter horse manure.  Very little positive to take from it.  Auburn again looked like a moribund team, slogging through the motions.   No pass rush, all day to throw and receivers with nobody within 15 yards.  The Houston QB jizzed on his hands a couple of times the wideouts were so open that he missed what could/should have been big gains or easy scores. 

The offense was absolutely putrid.  As sick as I am of watching QB after QB after QB sail deep balls into the stratosphere where noone could possibly run them down, I'm equally disgusted at this team's inability to convert third and short over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.   That tendency has plagued this team for over a fucking DECADE.  Need a first down on second and one to ice the game?  Nah.  Let's fail twice and punt. 

I wish I hadn't watched that abortion.  It made me sick. 

Edited to add:  I still think we should have claimed we were playing and then just not showed up.  Worked for UCLA, A&M, Miami and others.  Corona my ass.  There was absolutely nothing to gain by being in that turd of a bowl game. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 06:33:38 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Hat, crow, shit
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 08:17:16 PM »
When you hold Holgerson’s air raid and Houston to 18? You should win. Many are mad at smoke. And our defensive players who sat out. Nah. D wasn’t great. But it was good enough. For the amount of players out - including Simpson and smoke after the targeting calls - Mason did an admirable job defending a potent air raid offense.

Our O is the problem. Has been all year other than msu game. And it’s starts with the line and the receivers. End of story. And that’s on Gus. It’s one big shit show that wasn’t gonna get fixed this year. Or even next year. It may take another two recruiting cycles. Bo and Tj are probably very different qbs with a serviceable line. That shit gets in your head as a qb - when you don’t trust your own line. It’s frustrating. It’s why bo took off w every other play to do his best manziel impression. It’s why tj looks completely inept most snaps. It makes the whole offense out of sync. We’ve got to build the line back. Period. Nothing else matters until that happens. Until then harsin and company will have to figure out how to minimize that liability via rpo, tempo, etc. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 08:19:55 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 08:55:41 PM »
Throw some cock in to go with the hat, crow and shit, and see if I don’t show up over at your place.

Do it. I fucking dare you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2021, 10:55:26 PM »
When you hold Holgerson’s air raid and Houston to 18? You should win. Many are mad at smoke. And our defensive players who sat out. Nah. D wasn’t great. But it was good enough. For the amount of players out - including Simpson and smoke after the targeting calls - Mason did an admirable job defending a potent air raid offense.

Our O is the problem. Has been all year other than msu game. And it’s starts with the line and the receivers. End of story. And that’s on Gus. It’s one big shit show that wasn’t gonna get fixed this year. Or even next year. It may take another two recruiting cycles. Bo and Tj are probably very different qbs with a serviceable line. That shit gets in your head as a qb - when you don’t trust your own line. It’s frustrating. It’s why bo took off w every other play to do his best manziel impression. It’s why tj looks completely inept most snaps. It makes the whole offense out of sync. We’ve got to build the line back. Period. Nothing else matters until that happens. Until then harsin and company will have to figure out how to minimize that liability via rpo, tempo, etc.

Every bit of this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

bgreene

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 08:20:23 AM »

Agree 100%, now let's start fixing it. We've seen a lot of good recruiting on the D side of the ball, but where in the blue blazes is the recruiting for the O line????
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2021, 09:46:53 AM »
About a week ago, Greg McEldouche was on Finebaum, and was asked about Auburn and what it will take to turn it around.  Normally, I might take his comments and trash them due to his Bammeristic qualities.  And he did have some skrong takes on Bo Nix, which made it obvious he really doesn't like the guy.  But other than his Nix take, I couldn't argue with any of it.

To paraphrase it all, the backs are good, but they have no QB, the line has sucked for a while, and there's not one receiver that can make plays.  They need a serious upgrade in talent on the offense.

He's right. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
oldautiger,GH2001,
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2021, 12:14:17 PM »
About a week ago, Greg McEldouche was on Finebaum, and was asked about Auburn and what it will take to turn it around.  Normally, I might take his comments and trash them due to his Bammeristic qualities.  And he did have some skrong takes on Bo Nix, which made it obvious he really doesn't like the guy.  But other than his Nix take, I couldn't argue with any of it.

To paraphrase it all, the backs are good, but they have no QB, the line has sucked for a while, and there's not one receiver that can make plays.  They need a serious upgrade in talent on the offense.

He's right.

Greg is actually one of the more insightful analyst/commentators to me. He's sharp and usually nails these things.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2021, 12:17:35 PM »
Agree 100%, now let's start fixing it. We've seen a lot of good recruiting on the D side of the ball, but where in the blue blazes is the recruiting for the O line????

This was a bad year to need O-Linemen. Not very many in the portal thus far and the hs crop was a weak one. It also takes a few years to build relationships with a lot of these kids as a college coach. They will come with time. The problem now is that time isn't on Auburn's side. Hopefully we can get a few serviceable portal guys, and coach up a few of the willing ones on the current roster. It took Dye a few years. It took Saban a few years. But I do think eventually the light will come on for some of these guys after a few years under a culture-centered hard ass of a coach and buying in. It was always going to be a painful journey. Gus was THAT bad at roster management year over year. And even worse at player development on the offensive side. Any players that did well, did so in spite of him.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 12:19:30 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2021, 03:12:14 PM »
This was a bad year to need O-Linemen. Not very many in the portal thus far and the hs crop was a weak one. It also takes a few years to build relationships with a lot of these kids as a college coach. They will come with time. The problem now is that time isn't on Auburn's side. Hopefully we can get a few serviceable portal guys, and coach up a few of the willing ones on the current roster. It took Dye a few years. It took Saban a few years. But I do think eventually the light will come on for some of these guys after a few years under a culture-centered hard ass of a coach and buying in. It was always going to be a painful journey. Gus was THAT bad at roster management year over year. And even worse at player development on the offensive side. Any players that did well, did so in spite of him.

'Scuse me while I hump this post.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2021, 04:57:33 PM »
Heights/Weights/Seniors and the like.

There are 5 seniors on the O-line (Who actually play)

Nick Brahms  6'4" 302
Brodiciousness Hamm  6'6" 330
Alec Jackson  6'5" 332
Austin Troxell  6'7" 305
Brandon Council  6'4" 335

I am assuming all seniors can Covid back in for another year.  At least that's what I've been reading and hearing.  AMIRONG??  Hamm has already announced.  I can see that because he has the size and strength to get a look at guard in the show.  Zero chance as a tackle.  Brahms didn't play in the bowl.  Was he hurt, or did he just opt out?  Can any of these come back?  Will they?

Some underclassmen who got some playing time:

Jalil Irving  6'3"  319  Jr.
Keiondre Jones  6'4" 345  So.
Kilian Zierer  6'7"  298  Jr.

Irving played center in the bowl game.  I assume he was the #1 back up and you can pencil him in if Brahms doesn't return.  Jones was pretty much the full time starter at guard.  Zierer filled in for BroHamm a good bit, including yesterday.  I didn't watch the game, thankfully, but Zierer has looked decent in the games I've seen him play. 

The rest of the bunch are a who's who of YEEESH!

Tate Johnson  6'4" 312  So.
Avery Jernigan  7'4" 312  RFr.
Kameron Stutts  6'5" 337  Jr.
Colby Smith  6'8" 314 Fr.
Garner Langlo  6'6" 277  Fr.

We've signed one O-linemen in this class so far.

Eston Harris  6'6"  290  3*

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little while typing that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2021, 05:14:48 PM »
We limp into another off season with the same fucking questions we have had the last two or three years.

1. Do the players we have really give shit about Auburn and Auburn football?  At 6-7 this year I seriously doubt it.
2. Do we have a coaching staff that gives a shit and can make any adjustments? Halftime-anytime? I'd say fuck NO.
3. Do we have an administration that is giving the football team the best tools to work with?  Doubtful, you can build all the buildings you want, you need the jimmies and joes.

4. How much more fan base is just plain getting tired of the shit show that appears on Saturday's in the fall? 
5. Looking at our roster right now do you see any different record next year?  FUCK NO.

BH changed nothing that wasn't already being done. I know he needs to get his players in ( I guess) but he should have been able to win with what we had against MSU-USC.   

I am almost down to my last "Give a fuck" when it comes to Auburn football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

wesfau2

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2021, 05:22:56 PM »
You can't lay the last 2-3 years at Harsin's feet.  He wasn't any part of that.

He's playing the hand he was dealt.  He's going to have to shake up the roster as part of a culture change.  I was very impressed by the early signing haul.  I expect that to continue into February. 

If you're disgruntled with a first year coach, absent a dead girl/live boy situation, you're the problem.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2021, 05:36:51 PM »

He's playing the hand he was dealt.  He's going to have to shake up the roster as part of a culture change.  I was very impressed by the early signing haul.  I expect that to continue into February. 

If you're disgruntled with a first year coach, absent a dead girl/live boy situation, you're the problem.

Spot on like a young girl starting her period. 

I have no clue why Bobo was really let go.  I have to think it was because the last half of the season, defenses seemed to easily make adjustments to this offense and shut them down.  Second half scoring in games was almost non-existent.  Plus, the Iron Bowl game plan on offense was absolutely anemic.

If that's the case, Harkins looks like he's a do your job, or hit the road type corch.  Even given the lack of SEC caliber Jimmy's and Joe's, there were several games Auburn simply should not have lost, but did because of coaching by the coordinators.  The fans and PTB had better give this man sufficient time to put his stamp on the program. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
GH2001,
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2021, 10:40:31 PM »

And I wanna hump YOUR post now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2021, 09:14:24 AM »

Nobody wants to hump my posts?  Damn it, somebody better hump me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2021, 09:24:14 AM »
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little while typing that.

That's not the worst thing you've had in your mouth.

Is this the x or the Blue Oyster?

Look, at the end of the day, not one of us knows what's really going on.  Gus looked like a total Jerry's kid most of the the time but somehow had a horseshoe (defense) that helped him win games.  Now everything else was a clown show for sure.
Harsin, so far looks like he has it all together, especially after the first six games of the season.  However, that didn't translate on the field for the last half of the season.  Was Bobo the problem? Who called the plays for the bowl game?  I'm not sure, but whoever it was needed to get their head out of their own rump.  Finley sucked something awful and yet we refused to give the ball to the Tank that was chewing up yards in small to moderate amounts. 

I like Harsin so far, but the decision not to play Davis or just run the damn ball made me scratch my head about the guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

bgreene

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2021, 09:27:32 AM »

I rest my case
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2021, 10:36:20 AM »
That's not the worst thing you've had in your mouth.

Look, at the end of the day, not one of us knows what's really going on.  Gus looked like a total Jerry's kid most of the the time but somehow had a horseshoe (defense) that helped him win games.  Now everything else was a clown show for sure.
Harsin, so far looks like he has it all together, especially after the first six games of the season.  However, that didn't translate on the field for the last half of the season.  Was Bobo the problem? Who called the plays for the bowl game?  I'm not sure, but whoever it was needed to get their head out of their own rump.  Finley sucked something awful and yet we refused to give the ball to the Tank that was chewing up yards in small to moderate amounts. 

I like Harsin so far, but the decision not to play Davis or just run the damn ball made me scratch my head about the guy.

MSU game was absolutely on the current admin. As was SC (mostly Bobo there). Harsin isn't perfect. He's made some mistakes and he's learning how to do things in big boy football. I like that he adjusts and tries things, isn't afraid to make changes, or hire new guys. He landed a top 12 and top 20 class in an 11 month span on the job. Rebuilds take time and they can be quite painful. Anyone who thinks this was gonna get fixed at this point or even improve has the patience of a 4 year old. Its very common to regress slightly during this type of scenario or stay the same (mediocre). Its still amazing to me that Shula won 10 and 6 games his last two years and Sabam comes in and struggles to win 6 of 12. It happens. It took Gus screwing around for 5 years to create this issue. It also gonna take a while to unscrew it. Anyone remotely with an avg football IQ can see that Auburn is very lacking on the offensive side of the ball as far as talent. It may be 1998-1999 level bad.

Chizik - for all his faults and lack of control in the program with players - recruited lights out and excelled at roster management in his short time. He left Gus a full cupboard at most positions - especially in the trenches. Ive sent it to a few on here before but take a look at our 2 deep chart at OL between 2010-2014. Staggering.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2021, 10:39:36 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2021, 10:43:47 AM »

Good times.  I still wonder why GF decided to go shirtless to a late October tailgate back in 2012 though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.