Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Succession

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Succession
« on: December 06, 2021, 01:24:39 PM »
How is it possible we don't have a discussion on this one?

Get caught up, sharpish, if you haven't.

Mega-Rich media mogul (and kids...think Murdochs) struggles with his pending mortality, retirement and the future of his company (less so about his kids, but who should take over and how it will impact his legacy).

You've got the eldest son who is not interested in participating in the business, but enjoys the perks of his socio-economic status.  The next son is a bi-polar, periodic coke fiend.  Then you have a girl-boss daughter who aspires to show she can run the show better than her fuck up sibs.  Finally, the youngest son (my personal fave character) who is a sarcastic pussy-hound with a knack for the grand idea and an oddly effective ability to disarm potential business partners and cut through the noise.

Rounding out the cast are assorted lawyers, accountants and hangers-on, including corporate lawyer/interim-CEO for whom Roman (the youngest) has an age- and office-inappropriate hard on.

I'm not doing it justice, but go watch an ep or two and get back to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Succession
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 03:19:04 PM »
How is it possible we don't have a discussion on this one?

Get caught up, sharpish, if you haven't.

Mega-Rich media mogul (and kids...think Murdochs) struggles with his pending mortality, retirement and the future of his company (less so about his kids, but who should take over and how it will impact his legacy).

You've got the eldest son who is not interested in participating in the business, but enjoys the perks of his socio-economic status.  The next son is a bi-polar, periodic coke fiend.  Then you have a girl-boss daughter who aspires to show she can run the show better than her fuck up sibs.  Finally, the youngest son (my personal fave character) who is a sarcastic pussy-hound with a knack for the grand idea and an oddly effective ability to disarm potential business partners and cut through the noise.

Rounding out the cast are assorted lawyers, accountants and hangers-on, including corporate lawyer/interim-CEO for whom Roman (the youngest) has an age- and office-inappropriate hard on.

I'm not doing it justice, but go watch an ep or two and get back to me.
Sounds like Yellowstone without the horses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Succession
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2023, 10:03:47 AM »
Final season is underway and the most recent episode was a stunner.

If you're still holding out on this one for some reason, get caught up sharpish.  The ride is about to get very bumpy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.