Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Too Old To Die Young

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Too Old To Die Young
« on: April 10, 2023, 10:12:22 AM »
Nicholas Winding Refn has a pretty distinct style.  Bronson, Drive, Valhalla Rising are pretty good examples of it.  He likes a methodical, almost plodding, pace and atmospheric musical landscapes.

I dig it, but I get it's not for everyone.  That said, he's got a show on Prime that I was just hipped to, called Too Old To Die Young.  I'm one ep in and hooked.  So far here's what I know:

1) Miles Teller and his (now deceased) partner are dirty cops who killed a Mexican cartel matriarch in a robbery gone bad.
2) The man who commissioned the robbery is going to make Teller work off his debt (the ensuing calamity in response to the dead Mexican lady) and his first job was the killing of an apparent Yakuza member.
3) Teller is in an inappropriate relationship with a 17 year old (she played Leanne on The Servant) and said relationship is weirdly blessed by the girl's wacky (coke-addled) producer dad (played by one of the many Baldwins).
4) The stage is set at the end of Ep1 for two crime orgs to bring everything they have to bear against Teller and his new master.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.