Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

O, Tre Smith, who are blessed amongst the snowboarders...

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
O, Tre Smith, who are blessed amongst the snowboarders...
« on: November 26, 2021, 12:06:16 PM »
Please look down from your double-black diamond run and bestow your mojo upon this year's iteration of the Tigers in the Iron Bowl.

The situation has been more dire for the Tigers at the final stop on Amen Corner in years past, and those Tigers stepped up.

These guys can do the same. 

Always and forever: Fuck bama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,oldautiger,
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: O, Tre Smith, who are blessed amongst the snowboarders...
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 02:30:04 PM »
Oddly at peace with this one. 

All the recruiting feedback has been tremendous.

Brighter days ahead, folks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Saniflush,
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2021, 03:39:41 PM »
The atmosphere was off the charts.  Stayed so loud you couldn’t hear yourself think.  No way that whole section of recruits weren’t blown away.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2021, 05:05:47 PM »
Proud of the fight those guys showed. Mase and the defense did all they could and more. That's a really talented bunch and they held them in check until there was not more gas in the tank. Don't blame them. Don't blame Tank either for the out of bounds thing. Kid is trying to make a first down and Bama's DB makes a heads up move to get him over the sideline. It's smart football awareness. I wish we'd run the Shenker 2 point after the first TD in OT. TJ back there on one leg throws a laser through the Bama defense and #40 (who is that guy?) makes an OBJ in the end zone. It was the time to go for the kill. Harsin blinked. Three games in a row he's blinked with a lead. It's not promising. Glad the recruits had a good time and all, but who is signing up for that circus? Maybe they are. My subscription here only opens the forums. And, of course, Snags' nudes.

Bama is done, btw. I mean dynasty done. Georgia is going to stomp a mudhole and walk that sumbish dry. Bama will post up 10 wins for a couple years, but they aren't replacing dudes at the rate they once were. It'll take a few years but they've won their last title. (Unless I'm wrong, which is totally possible. I don't know what I'm doing. Neither does anyone else. It's all a game, man.)

Anywhos, basketball is promising.

Peace to the 9.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 08:35:57 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 01:12:03 AM »
Proud of the fight those guys showed. Mase and the defense did all they could and more. That's a really talented bunch and they held them in check until there was not more gas in the tank. Don't blame them. Don't blame Tank either for the out of bounds thing. Kid is trying to make a first down and Bama's DB makes a heads up move to get him over the sideline. It's smart football awareness. I wish we'd run the Shenker 2 point after the first TD in OT. TJ back there on one leg throws a laser through the Bama defense and #40 (who is that guy?) makes an OBJ in the end zone. It was the time to go for the kill. Harsin blinked. Three games in a row he's blinked with a lead. It's not promising. Glad the recruits had a good time and all, but who is signing up for that circus? Maybe they are. My subscription here only opens the forums. And, of course, Snags' nudes.

Bama is done, btw. I mean dynasty done. Georgia is going to stomp a mudhole and walk that sumbish dry. Bama will post up 10 wins for a couple years, but they aren't replacing dudes at the rate they once were. It'll take a few years but they've won their last title. (Unless I'm wrong, which is totally possible. I don't know what I'm doing. Neither does anyone else. It's all a game, man.)

Peace to the 9.

Parents and players love Harsin. The team is looking like a team that believes. And here you are not able to flush that sand out…
I’m good with where we are headed. You can’t change a lackluster culture overnight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

bgreene

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 08:29:37 AM »

Peace to the 9.
You need to go back and read the creed... :rofl:

A couple of things I've seen through the year...

1. Our offense looks like FUGA of old.  I wonder why that is?

2. While Mason is doing a great job, I have come to the realization that he is the Gus of defense.  He is not making any adjustments at half and we are getting blown out in the second half.

3. We need to recruit O-line!!!

4. Harsin is exactly what AU needs. We start getting Gus players out, we see a difference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2021, 10:30:31 AM »
I got to talk to a scout for the Pittsburgh Steelers on Saturday before the game.  Pretty keen to hear what he thought about some of the players, and the fact that he had 18 players on his list from Auburn to focus on.  When he said that, Iwalike, "Whaaaaaat?" But it became clear right off the bat he wasn't saying 18 players would get drafted.  In fact, a lot of players are being looked at just to see if they might be somebody to invite to camp for a look see.

He immediately said Bo wasn't in that group.  Obviously, he wasn't playing, but he said Nix needs another year, because he's not near ready for that level.  He talked about John Samuel Shenker, saying he'll get his shot, either in the late rounds, or an invite to camp.  Said he most likely won't get an invitation to the combine, but the guy is a gym rat and if nothing else, he'll be signed for special teams. 

I asked him about Zacoby McClain.  He said probably 3rd or 4th round.  Really likes him, but undersized for his position. Said the NFL is going more and more to spread offenses and needs guys like McClain who can run and tackle in space. 

I wanted to preserve some level of credibility, so I didn't ask him about any of our O-linemen.  Honestly couldn't think of too many other guys, because seriously, who do you see getting drafted out of this bunch?  I think McCreary just made himself quite a few more millions this past Saturday.  I didn't ask him about McCreary because people started noticing his Super Bowl ring and wanted to get pictures.   But to me, McCreary is no later than second round.  That dude is a ballah.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Saniflush,
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2021, 10:54:27 AM »
I have to believe that atmosphere Saturday made up some of these recruits' minds. I've said this several times before.  I'm not a fan of the "atmosphere" they've created up there with that monstrosity of a scoreboard constantly drowning out everything in the stadium.  Saturday was different.  If you walked in that stadium and had no dog in the fight...just wanted to watch a good game, you would have thought Auburn was the team playing for a Natty.

The crowd was off the chain and and top 3 as far as games I've attended.  And a big difference was that the recruiting section was full right up to the end.  That's not normal.  They usually stay til halftime, and the section is half full the rest of the game. 

As much as I hate that scoreboard, it was the band that caused this loss.  In the 4th quarter, I looked at The Assassin and said, "We're ferked.  The band is playing Toto's Bless the Rains."  The mojo left the stadium from that point forward. Who in the fickity fuck plays Toto? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2021, 11:05:22 AM »
Not happy with the outcome but really happy with the heart these guys showed!  If we would have had Shane Falco we would have won going away.  Alas we had someone who decided to go into a fucking prevent defense in the 4th quarter when we had been hammering their ass like Snaggle likes it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2021, 11:52:59 AM »
Not happy with the outcome but really happy with the heart these guys showed!  If we would have had Shane Falco we would have won going away.  Alas we had someone who decided to go into a fucking prevent defense in the 4th quarter when we had been hammering their ass like Snaggle likes it.

Mmmmmm.....the ass hammer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2021, 12:19:23 PM »
But they did show heart.  Miles and miles of heart.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2021, 01:54:33 PM »
I have to believe that atmosphere Saturday made up some of these recruits' minds.

The que$tion i$, however, i$ atmo$phere enough to off$et the recruiting pitche$ made by our bigge$t rival$? 

Atmo$phere will outgun the Troy$, Loui$iana Tech$ and $outh Alabama$, but are we really ready and willing to go the di$tance and get into that fight? 

I don't know the an$wer to that.   I'm al$o on record as $aying I don't want to.  It'$ not worth it to me. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Saniflush,
Members reacted like:
Saniflush,
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2021, 02:30:21 PM »
The que$tion i$, however, i$ atmo$phere enough to off$et the recruiting pitche$ made by our bigge$t rival$? 

Atmo$phere will outgun the Troy$, Loui$iana Tech$ and $outh Alabama$, but are we really ready and willing to go the di$tance and get into that fight? 

I don't know the an$wer to that.   I'm al$o on record as $aying I don't want to.  It'$ not worth it to me.

With NIL, there's absolutely no reason not to be able to compete with anyone in the country.  And do it "legally".  Plus, if that football-only facility doesn't bring some stars to campus, they're doing it wrong.  I've been checking out the progress each time I've been to campus.  That thing is going to be bona fide.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2021, 03:54:04 PM »

I get what you're saying and to a degree I agree with you....but we don't get the PFD era and the end of the 70s drought/wandering off into the wilderness without "that". And the ante is even greater now than it was in 1981. You have multiple players in the game. In fact, the biggest one isn't even Alabama anymore. UGA has gone full on SMU-light at the moment. There is no way you can do nothing in this NIL era. We have to play the game to a degree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2021, 11:59:46 AM »
I get what you're saying and to a degree I agree with you....but we don't get the PFD era and the end of the 70s drought/wandering off into the wilderness without "that". And the ante is even greater now than it was in 1981. You have multiple players in the game. In fact, the biggest one isn't even Alabama anymore. UGA has gone full on SMU-light at the moment. There is no way you can do nothing in this NIL era. We have to play the game to a degree.

And that's why from an emotional investment standpoint....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.