Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Danielson Effect

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
The Danielson Effect
« on: November 23, 2021, 11:08:27 AM »
Scanning the bookfaces this past weekend, seeing numerous comments from both Bama and Arky fans on how bad Gary Danielson hates their team.  Funny thing about Danielson, no matter what game he calls, the fans of those teams will swear Gary has it out for them, and can't stop schlobbing the knob of their opponent.

Ask any Auburn fan about him, and every one will say Danielson can't stand the Tigers, and loooooooves him some Bama and Saban. The Bama fans were up in arms this weekend because he had the audacity to say the refs missed some calls that should have gone against the Tahd.  Saw one that flat out said, "Gary Danielson HATES Alabama."  Really?

In 2019, I went up to a neighbor's house to watch LSU beat Bama in Tuscaloosa.  The guy is a big Bayou Bengal fan and could not stop screaming at the TV.  "Damn this guy.  He can't say anything good about LSU.  He wants Bama to win so bad."  I was watching and wondering what the hell he was talking about.  Just Gary being Gary.

I remember the very first time I heard Danielson call one of our games.  Tennessee was at Auburn, during the Tuberville era. I recall getting pissed because he was calling out Auburn for bad play calling and various other crap.  Then I realized, he ain't wrong.  He's just telling you what's happening without sugar coating it.  It was a horrible game between two below average teams. I think AU pulled out that barn burner, 14-9.

Personally, I've never minded Gary.  Listen to him call a game in which you have no dog in the fight.  He's brutally honest about what's going on.  If he thinks a ref missed a call, he'll point it out.  If he thinks the play calling sucks, he'll say so. (See Gus Malzahn at LSU 2017)

Is Gary my favorite?  Not by a long shot. I just find it hilarious to watch people get their underoos in a sandy bunch every time he calls one of their games, I don't care who it is.  Every fan of every team thinks Gary hates them. It's the Danielson effect.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: The Danielson Effect
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 11:17:48 AM »
I agree.  I have never had much of a beef with how he called games.  You pair him up with the likes of Vern and it really would seem like he truly hated when in reality he just called it like he saw it. 
I figured anyone who got beat up as much as he did in Detroit and could still walk got a pass from me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 12:35:53 PM »
Having been in his presence several times, I can tell you Gary is dumber than a bag of chair legs.  I don't think he's smart enough to have an agenda about any team. 

I hate his calls. He's a moron.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2021, 01:43:06 PM »
my issue with Gary is he talks just to talk, and doesn't shut up with the non sense....he rambles and says dumb shit. He's like your drunk Uncle Ned at Thanksgiving. I don't think he has an agenda for or against any team. I just think he's a terrible, rambling color analyst.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2021, 02:05:40 PM »
My only issue with him is that he knows who the 3rd string long snapper is for bammer and can't even get starter's names right for other teams out there.  Of course, that's probably because they are on CBS every fucking week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 02:49:22 PM »
It wouldn't be so bad if he would actually color comment on the game in front of him and not another one he wishes he was calling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2021, 03:27:40 PM »
It wouldn't be so bad if he would actually color comment on the game in front of him and not another one he wishes he was calling.

Gary: Vern, that Tim Tebow in this situation would have made that throw for the completion!
Vern:  Derrick McFadden in the backfield for the Crimson Tigers on a 4th and 63 here in Knoxville and man do I love mashed potatoes!
Gary: You know how else loved mashed potatoes, Vern?  Tim Tebow!

Then you would flip it over to ESPN and see spit bubbles on the camera lens where Louth Holtzth woud be yellth at Moch Mayer!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 03:29:54 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2021, 03:29:17 PM »
Gary: Vern, that Tim Tebow in this situation would have made that throw for the completion!
Vern:  Derrick McFadden in the backfield for the Crimson Tigers on a 4th and 63 here in Knoxville and man do I love mashed potatoes!
Gary: You know how else loved mashed potatoes, Vern?  Tim Tebow!
Also Gary:  I wonder what Nick would do in this situation?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2021, 03:34:35 PM »
Also Gary:  I wonder what Nick would do in this situation?

Well yeah, but don't we all?  WWND
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2021, 03:39:13 PM »
I remember people getting pissed at Vern because he could never come close to pronouncing CJ Uzomah's name right.  I get it, but I had to give him a pass.  Tommy Tuberville had Devin Aromashodu and Ben Obomanu for 4 years, and he never once said their names right.

Great catch there by Devin Aromadoo.  He and Obawambanoo have really come on this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2021, 03:40:40 PM »
I remember people getting pissed at Vern because he could never come close to pronouncing CJ Uzomah's name right.  I get it, but I had to give him a pass.  Tommy Tuberville had Devin Aromashodu and Ben Obomanu for 4 years, and he never once said their names right.

Great catch there by Devin Aromadoo.  He and Obawambanoo have really come on this year.
Ben Obiwankanobi with the touchdown catch!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2021, 03:42:53 PM »
Ben Obiwankanobi with the touchdown catch!

Oh, you weren't talking about the Ole Miss game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2021, 11:41:22 PM »
Oh, you weren't talking about the Ole Miss game.

That STILL hurts
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2021, 11:27:58 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE