Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Corching K-Ro-Sell

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Corching K-Ro-Sell
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2021, 06:55:28 PM »
I doubt it. 

If that is his only option, then I'd bet on him dragging Spencer Rattler through the portal and hanging his hat on Arch Manning's future.

Uga is convinced arch is their successor to Stetson the frat boy the 5th and Jt and he’s theirs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2021, 11:04:46 PM »
Bobo is out at AU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Token

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2021, 12:38:27 AM »
Brian Kelley to LSU? WTF
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2021, 06:25:01 AM »
Bobo is out at AU.

This one is a head scratcher to me.  Although the offense didn't wow anyone I felt like there was improvement behind a substandard OL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2021, 08:56:25 AM »
This one is a head scratcher to me.  Although the offense didn't wow anyone I felt like there was improvement behind a substandard OL.
Bad OL notwithstanding, I saw way too many head scratching series from this offense this season that culminated with a 4th and 1 pass instead of running the guy who would have gotten you 3 yards on that play.  Watching the offense trying to fuck a greased football in the Iron Bowl had no bearing in my mind...but before that I could see that Bobo just wasn't the guy.

Of course now, we will probably see Harsin promote Kiesau to OC and make that splash bunt single.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2021, 10:28:55 AM »

I figured the non-AU SEC guys on the staff all have a short shelf-life on the staff.  They're serving their purposes in making intros and showing the west coast crew the lay of the land.  Once that is set up, they're gone for people that fit Harsin's style/scheme.

Bobo's offense showing improvement over last year is more an indictment of Gus than anything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2021, 11:57:31 AM »
Brian Kelley to LSU? WTF

It's the kind of hire they needed to make.  Established coach, projects stability.  After they psycho circus ($1 to KISS) of the Orgeron experiment and the Yogi Berra goofiness of Les Miles' tenure putting a guy in place who brought that air of legitimacy and a business-like approach was the right thing. 

Napier?  Might be a good coach and has Louisiana ties but wouldn't bring that illusion of strength and maturity. Kiffin?  Might be a good coach, but comes off like a mix of the worst of Miles and Orgeron. They supposedly wanted Fisher (who the hell knows why, maybe just to poke the A&M bear?) but he wasn't receptive. 

So Kelly.  The perception is right.  But is he a good coach?  That's really, really hard to say.  His background doesn't show much really.  Success at D2, a few decent years at Cincy and then most of his D1 career at Notre Dame.  The problem with evaluating his record there is that the Farting Irish schedule typically reads like the menu from Sweet Sisters Cake Shop.  Toledo, service academies, Ga Tech, a couple of shit-tastic Big10 teams, Duke, Boston College, Bowling Green...

Has Kelly ever led Notre Dame to a win over an SEC team?  Yeah. A couple of times.  Barely survived Vandy in 2018.   Oddly enough, topped LSU in back-to-back bowl games in 2014 and 2015. 

His baggage won't be mentioned, but he does have a history with the NCAA -- two entire years vacated including a playoff humiliation at the hands of Bammer.  And there was the student who was killed in that tower incident.

He's probably a good enough coach.  And as history has proven, even a moron could win it all at LSU (see Les Miles and Ed Orgeron). 

A few days ago I thought LSU made a mistake getting rid of Orgeron.  This hire has me questioning that.  It elevates the program's stature for sure.  But is Kelly a better "fit" for that program and it's uniqueness than Orgeron?  Of that I'm not sure.  I tend to think maybe not. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2021, 12:16:15 PM »
I think the Kelly hire is solid.  So, I hate it. 

I give Co Yaw Yaw credit for one thing.  He realized, and openly said he did, that LSU had too many athletes to keep running the same, old vanilla ground and pound....play defense style of foosballz.  He was right, and brought in Joe Fucking Brady to coach Joe Fucking Burrow and that bunch. 

Problem was, when most of that staff bolted after the 2019 Natty, he hired shit the last two years.  Yaw Yaw was only as good as the coaches around him. (True of most all coaches) But he made some horrible choices the last couple of years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2021, 12:22:27 PM »
I think the Kelly hire is solid.  So, I hate it. 

I give Co Yaw Yaw credit for one thing.  He realized, and openly said he did, that LSU had too many athletes to keep running the same, old vanilla ground and pound....play defense style of foosballz.  He was right, and brought in Joe Fucking Brady to coach Joe Fucking Burrow and that bunch. 

Problem was, when most of that staff bolted after the 2019 Natty, he hired shit the last two years.  Yaw Yaw was only as good as the coaches around him. (True of most all coaches) But he made some horrible choices the last couple of years.

In his defense?  He had roughly $20 million and a 28-year old blonde girlfriend. 

Not giving a shit would have been easy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2021, 12:31:52 PM »
In his defense?  He had roughly $20 million and a 28-year old blonde girlfriend. 

Not giving a shit would have been easy.

sounds like Gus....except replace the hot girlfriend with Waffle House.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2021, 12:34:20 PM »
sounds like Gus....except replace the hot girlfriend with Waffle House.

Their steak, eggs and hash browns plate is the breakfast of champions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2021, 01:25:18 PM »

I like the egg/grits and toast platter myself - over medium. And hand me about 4-5 of them jelly packets. That stuff is gooooooood.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2021, 01:28:37 PM »
I knew y'all were missing Gus
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2021, 01:38:13 PM »

Negative.  The hash brown bowl is where it's at. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2021, 01:39:44 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2021, 01:54:59 PM »

Gus's last words before he left Auburn ^^. true story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2021, 10:13:27 AM »
Whutchu thank Allbarn gone do bout thet Awwfensive Cordinater coach, Paaaawwwl?  I'll hang up an lissen'.

Just saw an article speculating and mentioning different possibilities for the vacant OC position.  Of course, it's all just throwing names against the wall.  Nobody knows what's really going on, or who Harvinz has in mind.  I do like to think he had someone pretty much set to step in before he canned Bobo.  That would be the smart thing, given that the early cruitin' dealio is just around the corner.  You want to be able to sell the kids on what kind of offense they'll be running.

The article mentioned Mullen, of course.  (Yeeeesh!!!) Also talked up Jeff Lebby at Ole Miss.  The one name that was intriguing to me was Tom Herman.  He's currently an analyst with Da' Bears.  Anyway, not that any of them are in the mix.  Again, just speculation.  Anyone you'd like to see on The Planez?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2021, 10:29:49 AM »
Whutchu thank Allbarn gone do bout thet Awwfensive Cordinater coach, Paaaawwwl?  I'll hang up an lissen'.

Just saw an article speculating and mentioning different possibilities for the vacant OC position.  Of course, it's all just throwing names against the wall.  Nobody knows what's really going on, or who Harvinz has in mind.  I do like to think he had someone pretty much set to step in before he canned Bobo.  That would be the smart thing, given that the early cruitin' dealio is just around the corner.  You want to be able to sell the kids on what kind of offense they'll be running.

The article mentioned Mullen, of course.  (Yeeeesh!!!) Also talked up Jeff Lebby at Ole Miss.  The one name that was intriguing to me was Tom Herman.  He's currently an analyst with Da' Bears.  Anyway, not that any of them are in the mix.  Again, just speculation.  Anyone you'd like to see on The Planez?

Would seriously shock me at this point if it weren't Zak Hill. Not my number 1 pick but he's solid. Better than Matt Wells. But not quite the "get" that Lebby or Grimes or McGee would be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2021, 10:50:05 AM »
Our fans are MO-rons.  Unreal.  Mullen is a cancerous fuck and he was the driving force behind the attempt to destroy us (and Cam) in 2010.  I'd rather shut the program down than have him on campus. I also don't want his whore of a wife spreading her greasy, used up roast beef puss all over our players.  Hard, hard, hard pass on Mullen. Fuck that guy. Forever.  I'd rather have Fuck Joe Biden as OC than him. 

Whoever Harsin hires, he needs to be on top of recruiting.  Mullen's hunchback ass won't do that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2021, 11:10:31 AM »
Our fans are MO-rons.  Unreal.  Mullen is a cancerous fuck and he was the driving force behind the attempt to destroy us (and Cam) in 2010.  I'd rather shut the program down than have him on campus. I also don't want his whore of a wife spreading her greasy, used up roast beef puss all over our players.  Hard, hard, hard pass on Mullen. Fuck that guy. Forever.  I'd rather have Fuck Joe Biden as OC than him. 

Whoever Harsin hires, he needs to be on top of recruiting.  Mullen's hunchback ass won't do that.

As I typed his name, I was thinking...M(This)-U(will)-LL(blow)-E(K's)-N(fucking mind)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions