Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Corching K-Ro-Sell

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Corching K-Ro-Sell
« on: November 22, 2021, 12:08:31 PM »
It's that time of year when coaches around the country start packing their bags, and sports agents start licking their chops.  Gonna be another mighty fine Christmas for the Jimmy Sextons of the world.  Suddenly, with the canning of our favorite....you know him, you love him, can't live without him....Dan Mullen...there are 3 very high profile jobs open right now.  Four, if you count The U. Probably many more in the next week or two.

USC and LSU pulled the trigger early on, which I think was smart.  They've had weeks to conduct their searches and make their contacts, instead of having to fight with everyone at the end of the season. Unless they're both total water heads, I imagine they'll be making announcements as soon as this rivalry weekend is over.

Mel Tucker was a hot name for LSU, at least as far as the rumor mill goes.  I sure hope the ink dried on that new contract with the Spartans before THE Ohio State University went in dry.  Looks like some of the shine came off that bald head.  Same with Mario Crystal Ball.  If he was the hot ticket, that should have cooled off a good bit when the Utes went dry up that shute.

So, who does Gusty Gaytah go after?  Do they swing for the fences, because they sure haven't since Meyer left.  And where does Mullen go?  Does he join Urban in Jacksonville as OC? 

How about Miami?  I don't understand how you cannot be top 10 every freakin' year in one of the most talent rich areas in the country.

If Harbaugh gets pummeled again by tOSU, does Michigan finally part ways with him? I'll bet they do. And the Buckeyes looked scary good Saturday.  Stroud and those receivers are going to be hell to stop for anybody. 

On a local note, former Auburn OC, Chip Lindsey, was shown the door by Troy.

Any other hot seat takes?     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Corching K-Ro-Sell
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 12:30:47 PM »
Big Fish getting the first calls:
Kiffen
Aranda
Dana Holgersen
Hugh Freeze
Fickel

Guys likely to move because of conference shakeup:
Mike Gundy
Campbell

Guys who might be hot, but will stick with their schools (due to shifting conf power dynamics):
Dave Doeren
Dave Clawson

Guys that will get a call (old news or up and comers):
Seth Littrell
Billy Napier
PJ Fleck
Jeff Brohm
Butch Davis
Justin Wilcox
Sonny Dykes

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 12:55:26 PM »
Guys likely to move because of conference shakeup:
Mike Gundy

You hear that, or an educated guess?  Gotta figure that Okie State will be the big man on the block once OU leaves, right?  Does that make their path to the playoff easier, or would an SEC runner up get in over an undefeated B12 champ?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2021, 01:06:23 PM »
Will Harsin bolt to UDub?  If so, who would we realistically be in the hunt to get to replace him?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2021, 01:14:05 PM »
You hear that, or an educated guess?  Gotta figure that Okie State will be the big man on the block once OU leaves, right?  Does that make their path to the playoff easier, or would an SEC runner up get in over an undefeated B12 champ?

Just a guess.  I wouldn't want to roll the dice on the corpse of that conference remaining viable.  He's got plenty of T Boone's $$$, so maybe he'll stick around.  Who knows?

Will Harsin bolt to UDub?  If so, who would we realistically be in the hunt to get to replace him?

Seriously doubt it.  P-12 is even less relevant than the bones of the Big 12. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2021, 03:02:14 PM »
Florida is absolutely Moronic if they don't at least TRY to get Lane Kiffin.....what he could do with the recruiting and talent advantage Florida has - is downright scary.

I wouldn't want Hugh Freeze anywhere near my campus. Snake oil.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2021, 06:37:44 PM »
I wouldn't want Hugh Freeze anywhere near my campus. Snake oil.

I wouldn't want Hugh near my corner of the mall parking lot nail salon/massage parlor either. Leave my Chinese friend along, Hugh!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2021, 12:55:17 PM »
Riley to USC
Lashlee to SMU
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2021, 02:14:09 PM »
I don't know who LSU is after but if they don't drive the Brinks trucks to Oxford they are stupid!  The only recruiting battles LSU has is against bammer. Lane can recruit and that state is always deep with talent plus the Texas haul they always get.  He would have way more talent in Red Sticks than Oxford.  I shutter to think of what he would do down there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2021, 02:23:58 PM »
Riley to USC
Lashlee to SMU

Gusty Gaytah inks Napier.

So the question, which we'll never know the answer to, is whether or not the decision for OU to join the SEC factored in to Riley's decision?  He'll never say it did, but I'm thinking it had to.  However, it may be as simple as not wanting to spend years in Oklahoma, as opposed to the bright lights, unbelievable weather, and all that goes with southern California.

I said way back that USC and LSU were smart to make their moves before the season was half over.  They had a jump on everybody else in finding their coach. You know damn well Riley has had this job for weeks.  But that begs the question(s), what's going on at LSU?  Did they have Riley, Tucker or Franklin in their sights, and got jilted by both?  Was Billy Napier ever an option, but Florida snatched him up quick?  Are coaches turned off by what may be coming down the pike on that program?

Or, it could be simple in LSU's case as well.  They may be waiting on the conference championships to be over next week, because it may be someone coaching in one of those games.  Mario Crystal Ball?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2021, 02:25:59 PM »

So the question, which we'll never know the answer to, is whether or not the decision for OU to join the SEC factored in to Riley's decision?  He'll never say it did, but I'm thinking it had to.  However, it may be as simple as not wanting to spend years in Oklahoma, as opposed to the bright lights, unbelievable weather, and all that goes with southern California.

I said way back that USC and LSU were smart to make their moves before the season was half over.  They had a jump on everybody else in finding their coach. You know damn well Riley has had this job for weeks.  But that begs the question(s), what's going on at LSU?  Did they have Riley, Tucker or Franklin in their sights, and got jilted by both?  Was Billy Napier ever an option, but Florida snatched him up quick?  Are coaches turned off by what may be coming down the pike on that program?

Or, it could be simple in LSU's case as well.  They may be waiting on the conference championships to be over next week, because it may be someone coaching in one of those games.  Mario Crystal Ball?
Baylor has a game this Saturday.  LSU probably has Aranda locked in already.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2021, 02:31:18 PM »
Baylor has a game this Saturday.  LSU probably has Aranda locked in already.

Eggzelint point.  Forgot about him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2021, 03:29:41 PM »

Scuttlebutt is that the LSU AD is chugging Jimbo's balls.  Aranda is the easy choice.  Lane is a wildcard, but would produce offense for a year or two.

I don't think LSU thinks Cristobal is a "splash".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2021, 03:48:55 PM »

If you believe Scott Stricklin at face value, he says Napier is the only candidate he talked to, interviewed or wanted...period. Little weird to me when you are Florida but whatever floats his boat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2021, 03:56:12 PM »
Scuttlebutt is that the LSU AD is chugging Jimbo's balls.  Aranda is the easy choice.  Lane is a wildcard, but would produce offense for a year or two.

I don't think LSU thinks Cristobal is a "splash".

Fisher had an outstanding record at FSU. 83-23.  He had three 10 win seasons after the Natty, but things seemed to sour a little more each year.  At A&M, he is 34-14 so far, and in my opinion, has done an extremely underwhelming job, given the resources he has at that school.  I got the impression that A&M went full Saban with the guy and said, "Here's the keys.  It's your program."  But there's been no splash.

No doubt the guy is a good coach, but damn, he's so easy to hate. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2021, 04:05:58 PM »
If you believe Scott Stricklin at face value, he says Napier is the only candidate he talked to, interviewed or wanted...period. Little weird to me when you are Florida but whatever floats his boat.

Agree.  It seems the Fighting Percy Harveys have a long history of Hires that make you think, well that wasn't a home run, but it might work.  Ron Zook, Charlie Skrong, Will Muschamp, Jim McElwain, Dan Mullen.  Now Billy Napier.  On the surface, he looks solid.  But like so many, including Harzinz, he'll have to make a huge adjustment from the Sun Belt to this league.  Every little thing is magnified 1,000X.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2021, 04:14:11 PM »
Agree.  It seems the Fighting Percy Harveys have a long history of Hires that make you think, well that wasn't a home run, but it might work.  Ron Zook, Charlie Skrong, Will Muschamp, Jim McElwain, Dan Mullen.  Now Billy Napier.  On the surface, he looks solid.  But like so many, including Harzinz, he'll have to make a huge adjustment from the Sun Belt to this league.  Every little thing is magnified 1,000X.

Florida is probably the "Best" job in the conference. It has the fan support, stadium, money, location, recruiting, nattys.....It's Florida. I just think you have to interview a few big names before calling it a day. I absolutely think Lane jumps all over that job if asked. Napier may be fine but sheesh....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2021, 04:34:32 PM »
If Manny Diaz gets the axe, would the Lane Train take his talents to South Beach?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2021, 04:49:33 PM »
If Manny Diaz gets the axe, would the Lane Train take his talents to South Beach?

I doubt it. 

If that is his only option, then I'd bet on him dragging Spencer Rattler through the portal and hanging his hat on Arch Manning's future.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2021, 04:50:10 PM »

Interesting.  The only drawback may be salary.  Damn, how crazy does that sound?  He's making $4.5 right now.  Diaz is making $3.1.  Richt was barely making over $4 mil and could have gone as high as $5 mil.  Regardless, I think Lane could make a good bit more staying in the SEC.  I don't think The U has ever been committed to opening up that checkbook to take that program back to prominence.  Somebody with knowledge of a source who is close to someone that has knowledge of the process, correct me if I'm wrong.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions