Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Rittenhouse - What Say You?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Rittenhouse - What Say You?
« on: November 17, 2021, 12:34:48 PM »
I put this in the political forum because that's pretty much what this trial has become.  This one is interesting to me.  Last night, I saw an interview with a lady whose family had owned this bakery in Kenosha since 1949.  She wasn't asked about, nor did she speak to the guilt or innocence of Rittenhouse.  She only wondered if a couple of days from now, whether or not she would still have a business.

That's what I've never understood about the riots, sorry, mostly peaceful protests.  If you're pissed off about something, why is the solution to destroy innocent people's property and livelihoods.  Why does it sometimes come to killing innocent people?  We will most likely see that play out again if there is a not guilty verdict in this trial.

As for Rittenhouse, I'm kind of ambiguently ambivolous about his actions.  Maybe I haven't followed the details close enough to form a proper opinion.  My understanding was that he went to Kenosha to help protect someone's property from the rioters.  He was given the rifle by a friend, but from that point up until the confrontation started, I really don't know what happened.  Was he actually in front of the property he came to protect?  Was he walking down the street with the rifle?  Did he go up to the protesters? 

There's part of me that almost cheers on someone like Rittenhouse who, as he stated was his intent, grabs a weapon and says if you want to burn me out and steal my shit, you're gonna' have to face a few bullets first.  I know you can't, but how many times have you watched video of rioters trashing a store and walking out with TV's and jewelry and all the merch they can carry, and wanted to make them pay a heavy price? 

I don't know how this will turn out.  I guess we'll know soon enough when the jury comes back in.  Should be interesting either way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Rittenhouse - What Say You?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 02:08:23 PM »
Should be innocent on all counts in my view.  Also in my view, if he is not then this country is fucked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
bottomfeeder,CCTAU,
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2021, 02:26:35 PM »
Should be innocent on all counts in my view.  Also in my view, if he is not then this country is fucked.

Like I said, I didn't pay attention to the time line, or what was or wasn't said between Rittenhouse and the rioters.  But there's little question the jury has to at least be somewhat influenced when the President openly calls him a white supremacist, and there's protesters camped out on the courthouse steps demanding his conviction.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2021, 02:30:46 PM »
Like I said, I didn't pay attention to the time line, or what was or wasn't said between Rittenhouse and the rioters.  But there's little question the jury has to at least be somewhat influenced when the President openly calls him a white supremacist, and there's protesters camped out on the courthouse steps demanding his conviction.

I have little doubt that it has had influence.  I also have little doubt that Mr. Rittenhouse should be a very rich young man after all of the slander lawsuits are settled.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2021, 02:57:34 PM »
They also may or may not have been influenced by personal threats from BLM and Antifa members.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2021, 07:32:37 PM »
I dont care why he or the rioters were there. When you have a gun pointed at you. And are being beaten with a foreign object (skateboard) by a mob - you have every right to defend yourself. Period.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
oldautiger,CCTAU,
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2021, 07:53:58 PM »
I dont care why he or the rioters were there. When you have a gun pointed at you. And are being beaten with a foreign object (skateboard) by a mob - you have every right to defend yourself. Period.

The Assassin took a foreign object into the ring last Saturday. Woooo....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2021, 12:03:25 AM »
Why this jury did not take ten minutes to return a not guilty verdict is beyond ridiculous.
The mob is causing fear.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2021, 07:17:03 AM »
Charges should never have been filed. 

Anything other than acquittal is cowering before the mob.  And that’s disgusting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2021, 10:30:15 AM »
Charges should never have been filed. 

Anything other than acquittal is cowering before the mob.  And that’s disgusting.

.....and how no one recognizes the irony of the mob threatening to riot if he's acquitted. Some do not learn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2021, 01:28:58 PM »
NOT GUILTY ALL COUNTS!     NOT GUILTY ALL COUNTS!      NOT GUILTY ALL COUNTS!     NOT GUILTY ALL COUNTS!

It gives me hope.  All may not be lost.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 01:33:01 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Saniflush,
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2021, 01:39:36 PM »
I have to say, that I did not think this would happen.  I honestly felt like this kid/young man was going to be railroaded.  This gives me some amount of faith in the legal system.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2021, 02:04:26 PM »
Would not want to be the manager of the Kenoshia Best Buy this afternoon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Token

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2021, 02:06:04 PM »
Murder - The premeditated, unlawful killing of another person.

If he shows up with a rifle and opens fire with the intent to kill people, he’s a murderer and should be locked away or given the death penalty.

If he shows up and doesn’t fire his rifle until he is attacked and ONLY shoots the people who is attacking him, it’s a clear case of self defense.

This is so fucking clear I don’t understand how the warrants were obtained in the first place. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2021, 02:10:42 PM »
Murder - The premeditated, unlawful killing of another person.

If he shows up with a rifle and opens fire with the intent to kill people, he’s a murderer and should be locked away or given the death penalty.

If he shows up and doesn’t fire his rifle until he is attacked and ONLY shoots the people who is attacking him, it’s a clear case of self defense.

This is so fucking clear I don’t understand how the warrants were obtained in the first place.

Oh you know how.  Social justice pressure
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2021, 02:21:27 PM »
Free shit in Kenosha tonight.  60" wide screens slashed during our 1 night Fire Sale.  $1 to GH.

Could not figure out what could possibly take almost 4 days of deliberation to arrive at a decision either way. I was certain them taking that long would result in a guilty verdict on at least one of the counts, or maybe a lesser charge. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2021, 07:00:42 PM »
The Assassin took a foreign object into the ring last Saturday. Woooo....
I remember when the assassin’s dad was trying to break through in the tri state rasslin’ circuit but his ring name just never gained a lot of traction. The 1980s were just a little too soon for “The Alabama Dick Licker”.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2021, 09:50:22 PM »
Best thing I heard all day.   Sitting in a Firehouse Subs giving the new Cuban sandwich a shot.  I love me some Cuban, and this little heifer wasn't really a Cuban, but she was better than most of the Firehouse menu items. 

They're wailing about the verdict on the television in there.  Some doughy white Karen (wrongly assuming everyone around her shared her moronic point of view) is shaking her head and voicing her displeasure.  She can't understand how a racist murderer was acquitted. 

"But don't worry, they're gonna get him when this is appealed. She doesn't care if they have to take it all the way to the Supreme Court. " 

It took all the restraint I could muster to keep from mocking her. 

But these people live and waste oxygen that could be better used by tree frogs or some other valuable species. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2021, 07:37:49 AM »
Best thing I heard all day.   Sitting in a Firehouse Subs giving the new Cuban sandwich a shot.  I love me some Cuban, and this little heifer wasn't really a Cuban, but she was better than most of the Firehouse menu items. 

They're wailing about the verdict on the television in there.  Some doughy white Karen (wrongly assuming everyone around her shared her moronic point of view) is shaking her head and voicing her displeasure.  She can't understand how a racist murderer was acquitted. 

"But don't worry, they're gonna get him when this is appealed. She doesn't care if they have to take it all the way to the Supreme Court. " 

It took all the restraint I could muster to keep from mocking her. 

But these people live and waste oxygen that could be better used by tree frogs or some other valuable species.

I’ll let the two barristers on here explain why what she said (legally) makes it scary that these people operate big metal objects at 60 mph on a daily basis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2021, 01:23:28 PM »
I think there are two episodes of Jeopardy coming on tonight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions